Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2019, 13.24:38   #217-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Redpassion is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Even if we were to join the Welsh Academy set up.
There is no financial gain for us. Only the clubs in the Premier division get any money and that's a paltry £80 a week for Heads of youth development. All other clubs Academies are self funding.
As for the lads leaving at 16. Do Aber get any compensation?
I would hope there are plans, once we are back in the league to bring in someone like Brian Flynn and preferably looks like Flynn and talks like Flynn, to oversee getting our youth set up, scouting and recruitment.
Old 9th February 2019, 13.24:42   #218-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: yale

Football is a game of opinions and everyone is entitled to theirs.
I have watched wpm for over 50 years, over 40 of those with my father, I don't think we ever witnessed the same game, but we could agree to disagree.
The trust also divides opinion, some for ,some against, many just content to turn up on Saturdays, unconcerned who is in charge behind the scenes.
The trust make mistakes as any owner would, I have alwayys been a member although I cannot say they were my ideal way forward in the beginning.
Posters on RP have a right to voice an opinion but the vitriol spouted by some on both sides is a disgrace.
In the heat of a match is one thing but I don't get the undermining of players or personel abuse of board members.
Fans ideas may differ but the atmosphere generated divides a fan base who should pull together dispute opinions.
Some anti trust posters are talking of starting a new fans group.
To what purpose.
How can a group have any part to play in a club, where they insult any supporter with different vie.
This group constantly refer to fans with a differing vie as happy clapped, kiss arises ,arose lockers etc.
One poster has said he is sad a war is starting between fans ,while calling others arse lickers. For the sake of our club, put cues to one side and concentrate on the team for the last 15 game and maybe we can do it.
Old 9th February 2019, 13.32:37   #219-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Even if we were to join the Welsh Academy set up.
There is no financial gain for us. Only the clubs in the Premier division get any money and that's a paltry £80 a week for Heads of youth development. All other clubs Academies are self funding.
As for the lads leaving at 16. Do Aber get any compensation?
I'd assume so, being a member of a different football association and providing the necessary paperwork is in place.

It's £30k a year hardly paltry for those 12 club's, plus you have the grants the FAW hand out themselves to those with academy status and lads playing in a structured system where they'd know if they were coming or going with games.

Keep making excuses though.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 9th February 2019 at 13.34:02..
Old 9th February 2019, 14.00:09   #220-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
I didn't realise the person who raised it was on the board?
The phrase, 'if you can't stand the heat..........' readily springs to mind!
Likewise, the club are also very happy to accept the RP money when it is offered and some of our contributors do outstanding work for the club as well as being in here.

In the past RP contributors have sponsored players, matches (with others) and even helped Geoff Scott out when there has been no match ball sponsor.

Now if you want to link those who spout rubbish with the people who support the club financially and post on here, that's your prerogative but biting one of the hands that feeds you never works.
I never meant that ALL contributors to RP are offensive and abusive, no we're all fans but that there are some on RP that take the abuse too far. People who work hard for the club deserve some respect, whether on the board or not.
Old 9th February 2019, 14.06:57   #221-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
How do you know I was there?
You mean you weren't!!! If not you have second hand knowledge bud!!! What I said was that people who work hard for the club deserve respect and not abuse from SOME on RP. No need for it!
Old 9th February 2019, 14.17:05   #222-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by llewelyn View Post
Football is a game of opinions and everyone is entitled to theirs.
I have watched wpm for over 50 years, over 40 of those with my father, I don't think we ever witnessed the same game, but we could agree to disagree.
The trust also divides opinion, some for ,some against, many just content to turn up on Saturdays, unconcerned who is in charge behind the scenes.
The trust make mistakes as any owner would, I have alwayys been a member although I cannot say they were my ideal way forward in the beginning.
Posters on RP have a right to voice an opinion but the vitriol spouted by some on both sides is a disgrace.
In the heat of a match is one thing but I don't get the undermining of players or personel abuse of board members.
Fans ideas may differ but the atmosphere generated divides a fan base who should pull together dispute opinions.
Some anti trust posters are talking of starting a new fans group.
To what purpose.
How can a group have any part to play in a club, where they insult any supporter with different vie.
This group constantly refer to fans with a differing vie as happy clapped, kiss arises ,arose lockers etc.
One poster has said he is sad a war is starting between fans ,while calling others arse lickers. For the sake of our club, put cues to one side and concentrate on the team for the last 15 game and maybe we can do it.

Right on !!!!!
Old 9th February 2019, 14.43:08   #223-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolini View Post
I never meant that ALL contributors to RP are offensive and abusive, no we're all fans but that there are some on RP that take the abuse too far. People who work hard for the club deserve some respect, whether on the board or not.
I agree they deserve respect and they have mine and many others I'm sure. However, frustration by the standard of football on show, wanting a change of direction with regards to personnel or potential investment isn't abuse.

It does seem some are putting their personal sense of importance, political ideals ahead of any consideration of other options.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.33:28.