RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Team v D & R (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113405-team-v-d-r.html)

CRUMBS 9th February 2019 07.21:34

Re: Team v D & R

Surely Tollitt has to play in order to find out if he is worth keeping another month , potentially a match winner . If he doesn't play he won't want to stay .

basdragon 9th February 2019 08.02:38

BH has been here two days, so if there aren't too many changes in personnel and style I wouldn't be that surprised.

But liking the look of some of the teams being suggested on here. Liking even more that there are some decent options

OneLoveWrexham 9th February 2019 09.13:27

I am expecting big changes, if I was a new manager coming in you just have to look at facts and figures of each individual to see what’s occurring. I can see us going back to a 4-4-2 with Tollitt starting and Oswell and Stockton as atleast stats show they can and have scored goals.

TaidTom 9th February 2019 09.18:22

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2229673]I am expecting big changes, if I was a new manager coming in you just have to look at facts and figures of each individual to see what’s occurring. I can see us going back to a 4-4-2 with Tollitt starting and Oswell and Stockton as atleast stats show they can and have scored goals.[/QUOTE]

Though BH has said he feels so lucky to be coming into team only 4 points from the top and in such a great position to win promotion. We're not doing that bad this season, so I wouldn't expect wholesale changes.

OneLoveWrexham 9th February 2019 09.25:31

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2229679]Though BH has said he feels so lucky to be coming into team only 4 points from the top and in such a great position to win promotion. We're not doing that bad this season, so I wouldn't expect wholesale changes.[/QUOTE]
He has already said he doesn’t like how structured we’re, our midfield is a massive weak point and I can’t see going back to basics with 4-4-2 being that drastic in the grand scheme of things. Scoring goals has been a massive problem, 1 goal is 6 is embarrassing for a club of our side so he’ll make changes whether that being personnel or formation to hit the ground running as he needs too.

OneLoveWrexham 9th February 2019 09.29:13

And if Hughes has anything about him he’ll disregard Darlington’s (assuming it’s his) structure and be strong and stick to how he wants to play and tell Darlington to coach accordingly

CRUMBS 9th February 2019 09.33:32

If we have new assistant manager in with the necessary experience , it's possible Darlington will be surplus to requirements .

davewilli 9th February 2019 09.34:25

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2229687]He has already said he doesn’t like how structured we’re, our midfield is a massive weak point and I can’t see going back to basics with 4-4-2 being that drastic in the grand scheme of things. Scoring goals has been a massive problem, 1 goal is 6 is embarrassing for a club of our side so he’ll make changes whether that being personnel or formation to hit the ground running as he needs too.[/QUOTE]

I dont tbink we will see many personnel changes or even shape, but efforts to get us on the front fiot from the kick off, players 10-15 yards higher up, attacking the space behind their defence and getting more players into the box. That's he theory. BH wants his front 4/5 to play without fear but I will still be worrying every time we lose the ball in the wrong areas and would settle for a very fat 3 points today regardless of performance.

redavid 9th February 2019 10.11:23

[QUOTE=Red_Jackoisback;2229239]Just realised I didn’t put Roberts on the bench![/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with beavon ?

TaidTom 9th February 2019 10.23:53

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2229687]He has already said he doesn’t like how structured we’re, our midfield is a massive weak point and I can’t see going back to basics with 4-4-2 being that drastic in the grand scheme of things. Scoring goals has been a massive problem, 1 goal is 6 is embarrassing for a club of our side so he’ll make changes whether that being personnel or formation to hit the ground running as he needs too.[/QUOTE]

Fair points, but we should also remember we've got the meanest defence in the league. Hope there are changes, but nothing too drastic because not everything is broken.

basdragon 9th February 2019 10.26:02

He also said that he didn't want to come into a squad that have been playing one way and totally change things, especially not after being in the job 2 days. If you're expecting wholesale changes I reckon you'll be disappointed but less than three hours now until we know what team he goes with

pagl 9th February 2019 10.47:27

[QUOTE=basdragon;2229705]He also said that he didn't want to come into a squad that have been playing one way and totally change things, especially not after being in the job 2 days. If you're expecting wholesale changes I reckon you'll be disappointed but less than three hours now until we know what team he goes with[/QUOTE]

But he also said he wants us to be nore attacking so something will have to give.
Hopefully we see a 442 and get some proper width and 2 forwards to keep the opposition busy.

OneLoveWrexham 9th February 2019 10.54:08

[QUOTE=pagl;2229710]But he also said he wants us to be nore attacking so something will have to give.
Hopefully we see a 442 and get some proper width and 2 forwards to keep the opposition busy.[/QUOTE]
Careful our fans don’t like change...

davewilli 9th February 2019 12.12:25

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2229712]Careful our fans don’t like change...[/QUOTE]

Depends if it is for change sake. We have 15 cup games if we have title ambitions so it is about how many we can win not battering teams. BH has seen the stats and knows where we need to improve, but easier said than done., until he has had time on the training ground ..Remember last season, people getting excited about AD first games, where we tried to be more expansive/attacking but it quickly backfired.

redone 9th February 2019 12.19:19

wouldnt be suprised if Deverdics and Tollit featured today

basdragon 9th February 2019 12.35:55

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2229712]Careful our fans don’t like change...[/QUOTE]

I would love change. I wanted to support GB as I do any of our managers and players (probably registers as accepts mediocrity in your world) But I was mightily puzzled by his failure to address our obvious shortcomings.

All I'm saying is if BH doesn't turn the team and their tactics upside down after 2 days in the job I won't be shocked offended or be calling for him to be sacked nor take it as that this will be his approach for the following fourteen games.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.30:02.