RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Team v D & R (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113405-team-v-d-r.html)

Red_Jackoisback 8th February 2019 10.30:22

Team v D & R

My selection would be....

Lainton

Carrington
Pearson
Lawlor
Jennings

Young
Summerfield
Walker
Grant

Oswell
Tollit

Subs

Fondop
Holroyd
Wright
Stockton
Rutherford

jackoboy17 8th February 2019 10.33:16

Re: Team v D & R

Id prob go stockton over oswell
Not convinced of young either, probably go with wright instead
Although theres probably more chance of a goal from young

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th February 2019 10.34:33

Hoping Wright gets the chop and we play with a bit of pace on the wings.

Red_Jackoisback 8th February 2019 10.35:58

Just realised I didn’t put Roberts on the bench!

WREX01 8th February 2019 10.43:14

Lainton

Carrington
Pearson
Lawlor
Jennings

Tollitt
Walker
Young
Rutherford

Stockton
Oswell

Bench-
Dibble
Grant
Holroyd
Summerfield
Roberts
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Ooh aah Paskin 8th February 2019 10.43:59

Lainton

Carrington
Lawlor
Pearson
Jennings

Tollitt
Young (thought Summerfield was injured?)
Walker
Rutherford

Oswell
Holroyd

Subs: Dibble, Roberts, Grant, Stockton,Wright

Red_Jackoisback 8th February 2019 10.44:21

Got to say it does look a decent squad

benwilliams 8th February 2019 10.47:08

Almost forgotten any of the players been that long since we've seen them or spoken about them! My team would be as follows, 442:

Lainton

Carrington
Pearson
Lawlor
Jennings

Rutherford
Young
Summerfield
Tollitt

Oswell
Holroyd

Subs: Dibble Walker Grant Fondop Stockton

shimosays 8th February 2019 10.47:14

Lainton
Carrington
Lawlor
Pearson
Jennings
Rutherford
Walker
Young (or Summerfield if fit)
Tollitt
Oswell
Beavon

Dibble; Roberts; Wright; Stockton; Grant

Give 4-4-2 a go

Ooh aah Paskin 8th February 2019 10.48:28

Forgot Beavon!

Actually, swap Beavon for Wright on the subs bench for me....

Red_Jackoisback 8th February 2019 10.49:13

Blimey I forgot Beavon too

Ooh aah Paskin 8th February 2019 10.53:13

I put Tollitt and Rutherford as wingers. Can they play on either wing, I'm pretty sure I have seen Rutherford do it...

Thinking Rutherford to be ahead of Carrington, will compliment each other IMO.
And Tollitt to partner Jennings on the left.

benwilliams 8th February 2019 10.59:58

I didn't forget Beavon but left him out of my 16 as hard work but zero goal threat are not what I think Yozzer will want.

Red_Jackoisback 8th February 2019 11.01:18

Isn’t that the same with Rutherford?

wxmdoug 8th February 2019 11.03:34

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2229269]I didn't forget Beavon but left him out of my 16 as hard work but zero goal threat are not what I think Yozzer will want.[/QUOTE]

drop our best player ???

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th February 2019 11.24:08

Does Fondop get a second chance at some point? Holroyd?

NottsRed 8th February 2019 11.31:31

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2229285]Does Fondop get a second chance at some point? Holroyd?[/QUOTE]

Has to really as they can't be any worse than some of the performances we've seen up front.

No idea what BH will go with on the weekend but with Darlington still lurking about I don't think we will see much change so more than likely it will be same as the other week.

Ooh aah Paskin 8th February 2019 11.51:01

[QUOTE=Red_Jackoisback;2229272]Isn’t that the same with Rutherford?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, but I'm picking him as a winger. If he gets a goal great, but I want him up and down the wing, linking play and putting crosses in.

I feel if we want to get service to the strikers we need to go 4-4-2.
And apart from Tollitt (who is only here for 3 more games as it stands) who else do we really have as a winger!?

Grant certainly isn't and I'd rather have Holroyd as one of the front two.

benwilliams 8th February 2019 12.20:27

[QUOTE=wxmdoug;2229275]drop our best player ???[/QUOTE]

Best based on what though? Work rate absolutely but what about goals and assists?

Quay Red 8th February 2019 12.22:03

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2229288]Has to really as they can't be any worse than some of the performances we've seen up front.

No idea what BH will go with on the weekend[COLOR="Red"] but with Darlington still lurking [/COLOR]about I don't think we will see much change so more than likely it will be same as the other week.[/QUOTE]

Carl's role was explained last night. He basically coaches under direction from the manager. He may have ideas of his own but the tactics and set up is down to the "Boss".

OneLoveWrexham 8th February 2019 12.31:07

[QUOTE=wxmdoug;2229275]drop our best player ???[/QUOTE]
Best player? Lol he’s a striker who hasn’t looked like even getting close to scoring a goal in months, this is the biggest problem on here lauding players around who achieve nothing.

Superunknown 8th February 2019 13.03:19

Lainton

Carrington
Pearson
Lawlor
Jennings

Rutherford
Walker
Summerfield

Grant
Oswell
Tollitt

WhiteKSE 8th February 2019 13.05:00

Lainton

Roberts
Lawlor
Pearson
Jennings

Walker
Young

Tollitt
Grant
Rutherford

Oswell

wrexhamforever16 8th February 2019 13.09:15

Stockton over Oswell for me. Oswell looked unfit to me against Maidenhead when he came on. I'd not mind starting Holroyd either.

thedischunter96 8th February 2019 13.40:10

I'd say BH has got to start playing the players GB signed. I'd be inclined to give Fondop and Holroyd a go tomorrow.

moynkeepthefaith 8th February 2019 13.54:17

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2229380]I'd say BH has got to start playing the players GB signed. I'd be inclined to give Fondop and Holroyd a go tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

cant reconcile that statement - if he starts playing the signings from GB how can you also play Fondop and Holroyd or do I misunderstand ?

I would like to See Oswell start - actually same side as superunknown

RED2309 8th February 2019 14.26:11

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2229320]Carl's role was explained last night. He basically coaches under direction from the manager. He may have ideas of his own but the tactics and set up is down to the "Boss".[/QUOTE]

Glad that was cleared up as he was looking like the common denominator in Keates/Ricketts/Barrow formations.

Yosser mentioned the 4 4 2 lop sided system Flynn used at Wrexham last night and playing players in their best positions.

Red_Jackoisback 8th February 2019 15.00:15

Lop sided????

pagl 8th February 2019 15.04:45

[QUOTE=RED2309;2229408]Glad that was cleared up as he was looking like the common denominator in Keates/Ricketts/Barrow formations.

Yosser mentioned the 4 4 2 lop sided system Flynn used at Wrexham last night and playing players in their best positions.[/QUOTE]

It will never catch on. Playing players in their best positions bah humbug.

Seriously though I hope BH goes with a 442 formation and 433 can then always be plan B. I assume by lop sided you mean that either LM or RM can push forward and create an overlap. A bit like King Connelly did :)

John Neals Dynasty 8th February 2019 15.31:41

[QUOTE=Red_Jackoisback;2229239]Just realised I didn’t put Roberts on the bench![/QUOTE]

Or Dibble

Red_Jackoisback 8th February 2019 15.48:48

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2229426]Or Dibble
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I know and caved under the pressure of team selection. Never make a footy manager

Quay Red 8th February 2019 15.52:49

[QUOTE=pagl;2229417]It will never catch on. Playing players in their best positions bah humbug.

Seriously though I hope BH goes with a 442 formation and 433 can then always be plan B. I assume by lop sided you mean that either LM or RM can push forward and create an overlap. A bit like King Connelly did :)[/QUOTE]

That's better. We're getting back to the real business. Football.
I think you've posted it like BH implied.

Ddraigoch 8th February 2019 16.45:05

[B]Lainton[/B] Dibble

[I]Roberts[/I] [B]Carrington[/B] [B]Pearson[/B] Manny Smith [B]Lawlor[/B] [I]Kennedy[/I] Tharme [B]Jennings

[/B]
[B]Rutherford Wright Young [/B] [I]Deverdics[/I] Summerfield

[B]Beavon [/B]Oswell [I]Stockton[/I] [B]Fondop[/B][I] Holroyd[/I] [B]Grant[/B]

davewilli 8th February 2019 17.15:03

I don't think there will be wholesale changes from the team who beat Maidenhead, dependant on Roberts & Summerfield's fitness and finding places on the bench for Tollit & Stockton. I imagine it's been a difficult week for the players to stay focussed so tomorrow is all about getting the 3 points. Plenty of time for BH to put his stamp on the team.

krux 8th February 2019 18.28:28

Lainton
Roberts Pearson lawlor Jennings

Walker young ruthers

Beavon OSWELL TOLLITT

draigwrecsam 8th February 2019 19.13:24

Is it worth playing Tollitt?

If his loan is not likely to be extended then, no, he is only available for 2 more games. He's played 182 minutes in 6 games - all sub appearances.

If his loan is likely to be extended then, yes, I see a need for him to get match
fitness asap.

Red Light 8th February 2019 21.44:38

I don't care how long Tollitt is here for (well, I hope he remains for the season) but if his selection tomorrow improves the team and gives us some much needed pace and creativity then yes - get him on the team sheet.

I also wonder if Fondop will return in some form - appeared to be totally frozen out by Barrow - whatever people make of him he has some physicality and seems to make strange things happen. Much will depend on how we set up - BH stated he wants his team to attack and entertain and seems to want to rectify matters in the final third - hope we try something different as what we have so far witnessed is simply not getting us enough goals.

borntobered 8th February 2019 21.51:16

I'm not sure tollitt could sign for any more than another month, as he's been here for 2 month long loans (which can't now be extended to a long term 93 day loan) i might be wrong though

pagl 9th February 2019 07.57:57

Going to be an interesting squad today thats for sure. Maybe a bit more attack minded?

Dodgy weather and its 50/50 I can make it atm.

dixienormous 9th February 2019 08.10:00

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2229325]Best player? Lol he’s a striker who hasn’t looked like even getting close to scoring a goal in months, this is the biggest problem on here lauding players around who achieve nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yes

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.36:18.