RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Mickey Thomas fundraiser (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113407-mickey-thomas-fundraiser.html)

FieldtownRed 8th February 2019 16.24:53

Re: Mickey Thomas fundraiser

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2229467]Hope he gets a mark of respect tomorrow.Maybe a minute's applause,at the exact time of his famous goal in '92?.[/QUOTE]

He’s not dead yet! Donations much more use than a bit of clapping!

Funny_Old_Game 8th February 2019 17.26:45

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2229467]Hope he gets a mark of respect tomorrow.Maybe a minute's applause,at the exact time of his famous goal in '92?.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious.

dlrwrexham 8th February 2019 17.51:28

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2229469]He’s not dead yet! Donations much more use than a bit of clapping![/QUOTE]

A simple show of support,that's all.A fella hasn't got to have popped his cloggs to warrant a show of support.Conventions are there to be broken.

Huffy 8th February 2019 18.00:27

Absolutely stunned by this news :eek:
Sat across the table from the maestro before Christmas , and he told us how he was struggling to hold down his food :(
What a top man he was to everyone that night and I wish him all the best with his fight to beat the big C !!
Donated

ugarte007 8th February 2019 22.19:51

Legend , god luck pal

Back of the Kop 8th February 2019 22.33:18

Wrexham legend.All the best Mickey

moynkeepthefaith 9th February 2019 03.05:01

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2229459]Very very sad news one of my footballing idols of the 70s/80s.

This money could easily be collected by the clubs he played for Chelsea,Everton,Man U, Stoke, Everton Wrexham.. The former players association, Man U Premier footballers.

But it's not all about money he has a terrific fight on his hands let's hope they have found it early as it's a very hard cancer to treat.

I will donate but it could be found by the above in minutes.

Football means nothing when it comes to health.

Keep fighting Noddy Thomas.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

You are right about his previous clubs but imagine the strength it will hopefully give him when he sees us donating no matter the amount.

pagl 9th February 2019 06.53:18

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2229625]You are right about his previous clubs but imagine the strength it will hopefully give him when he sees us donating no matter the amount.[/QUOTE]

Lets hope it has been caught early and he can be treated.
As JND says its a difficult disease to treat especially the lymph nodes.

Would be good if Sky Sports could raise awareness and his ex team mates all donate. There must be hundreds of them with all the clubs he had. :)

Taff9172 9th February 2019 10.08:39

Donated Good luck Mickey T keep fighting

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.08:59.