Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2019, 23.58:40   #91-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Reaction vs Dag and Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Dagenham were atrocious but first half we caused our own problems, infact like 11 players who met for the first time. Pearson and Lawlor Kept us going, but our main problem was still there first half passing sideways especially Pearson and Lawlor because the midfield didn't look for space and were awful and when one did get it they launched it forward, Tollet first half showed why he hasn't been playing terrible control and passing just pace, 2nd half he was much improved but looked out on his feet with 20mins to go and I would of thought Holroyd would of come in for him.
Posted via mobile theme
Agree. Our passing was abysmal in the first half and even the passes that were completed were either directly at or behind the player. This slows play considerably and benefits the defenders. Stockton looked a bit lost, pretty much up front on his own with no real support or creativity from the team. We had a couple of decent moves, one of which Grant had an effort tipped onto the bar but other than that the first half was likely to drive the kids away.
Good changes after Half time put us on the front foot and changed the game. at least we made some chances, all we've got to do now is take them.
Good start for Yozzer but lets judge in 4 or 5 games to see how he influences the way we play.
Old 10th February 2019, 03.03:23   #92-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Bottom of the Eric Roberts Stand.

Great win in the end. Good that Salford and Orient dropped points too. But I don't think we're champions material. First half we were average. Frustrating as hell when Pearson and Lawlor pass it amongst themselves. Thought Tollitt shone in the second half. Deserved to win but would have been more if Wright could put it in the net. Stockton is idle and doesn't even look interested at times. Grant anonymous again too. Oswell, Tollitt and Holroyd for Havant.
Old 10th February 2019, 07.39:32   #93-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy123 View Post
Great win in the end. Good that Salford and Orient dropped points too. But I don't think we're champions material. First half we were average. Frustrating as hell when Pearson and Lawlor pass it amongst themselves. Thought Tollitt shone in the second half. Deserved to win but would have been more if Wright could put it in the net. Stockton is idle and doesn't even look interested at times. Grant anonymous again too. Oswell, Tollitt and Holroyd for Havant.
Agree. I think more questions than answers from todays game.
Albiet another welcome 3 points at home its our away form that is our problem as well.

Grant and Stockton are not the answer up front and no better than Oswell, Fondop or Holroyd. Beavon is clearly better than them all and Rutherford needs to be part of a midfield 4.

If only Roberts could push forward more effectively. His constant passing backwards stops our momentum far too often. Jennings is far more effective on the left.

Wright is just not a CM and was woeful at times today.

Shame we allowed Barrow to sign 5 players in Jan when BH really needs to ring some changes in the squad.

Next 2 away games are huge.
Old 10th February 2019, 08.15:42   #94-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

First half performance was dire. We made an average team look threatening. I walked into the Centenary Club at half time, but I really wanted to carry on and go home. Glad I didn’t cos the second half was much better. The subs made a big difference. Beacon was major impact - a pity he is not five years younger. Did Akil sleep last night after missing four clear cut chances?
A lot for Bryan to work on after yesterday’s performance. The league position now looks a lot better but any team that struggles to score (like us) will be massive under dogs in a play off environment. God bless our defence.
Old 10th February 2019, 08.44:22   #95-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
First half performance was dire. We made an average team look threatening. I walked into the Centenary Club at half time, but I really wanted to carry on and go home. Glad I didn’t cos the second half was much better. The subs made a big difference. Beacon was major impact - a pity he is not five years younger. Did Akil sleep last night after missing four clear cut chances?
A lot for Bryan to work on after yesterday’s performance. The league position now looks a lot better but any team that struggles to score (like us) will be massive under dogs in a play off environment. God bless our defence.
Wasn't that good!

We are in a great league position and we are not scoring goals - once Hughes sorts that problem, which I'm sure he will, we will really be in with a shout.
Old 10th February 2019, 09.04:23   #96-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
Wasn't that good!

We are in a great league position and we are not scoring goals - once Hughes sorts that problem, which I'm sure he will, we will really be in with a shout.
I'm not sure he necessarily will, in the remainder of this season and I wouldn't get too hung up on it. BH says he has good options up top so we can ecpect 3 forwards who are capable of getting vital goals if not in anbundance. We have 14 cup ties if we have ambition for the title and it's about winning the vast majority of those games and he will have seen from yesterday the players who made that happen. Half our games are away anyway so whilst we need to be taking our chances, we need a team who can keep it tight and nick wins. If we can get a run going now momentum will build and goals will come, as they did against Salford as confidence grows. Shortly it will be more about who wants it the most and can cope with the pressure than improving the overall performance.
Old 10th February 2019, 09.08:33   #97-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
Wasn't that good!

Just how is Hughes going to do that ? The board gave the manager who didn't want the job all the swag, he's spunked it on unfit and sh*t players and now the window is closed.

Is it any wonder we're all so pi**ed off with the board.Absolute wasters
Old 10th February 2019, 09.11:57   #98-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Just how is Hughes going to do that ? The board gave the manager who didn't want the job all the swag, he's spunked it on unfit and sh*t players and now the window is closed.

He said at the meet the manager meeting that he did not expect all the goals to come from the strikers and expects the midfield to pop up with goals, so give him a chance to change things and let's wait and see.

I like to be positive occasionally
Old 10th February 2019, 09.22:19   #99-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Exec Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post

How do we know that the Board gave him the money they say they did. With the amount of lies ‘Oops I mean the miss information’ that has been coming from the Top Table. If they told me it was daylight out side at 12:00 noon I would go outside to Check.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.19:44.