RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Reaction vs Dag and Red (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113412-reaction-vs-dag-red.html)

rob0916 9th February 2019 17.32:50

Re: Reaction vs Dag and Red

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2230003]Also my mom although beavon and Rutherford changed the game.
Akil was getting into good places and should have scored 2 minimum.
First half very hard work but it’s 3 points and BH has work to do but we’re in the mix. Wonder if Salford Passion is calling for wholesale changes ?[/QUOTE]

They haven't had three first team managers this season, maybe that's where they're going wrong.

davewilli 9th February 2019 17.37:08

[QUOTE=rob0916;2230007]They haven't had three first team managers this season, maybe that's where they're going wrong.[/QUOTE]

No ambishun from the board and Alexander has lost the changing room .

DoomandGloom 9th February 2019 17.41:45

Pretty sure Salford could do with a CEO with footballing experience.

welshian 9th February 2019 17.43:03

Good to get the win, hopefully we can keep on picking up points and stay in the mix. We're never going to score many in seems.

davewilli 9th February 2019 17.48:08

[QUOTE=corwenred;2230006]Jennings was my MOTM, it's concerning how much more effective the left wing of Jennings/Tollit is compared to the right with Roberts/Grant/Rutherford.

Akil Wright is such a strange one, he breaks up play well, can drive forward with strength/pace, and pops up in the right places to score. Problem is the two things at the ends of his legs.[/QUOTE]
Yosser would have loved those chances.

marathonplny 9th February 2019 17.48:56

The league is there for the taking
We need to put a good run together
Last two games is a good start

rob0916 9th February 2019 17.49:35

So we win a game and now the happy clappers are back to take the piss out of people who had genuine concerns with how the club is being run. Can't say I'm surprised.

EnglishRed 9th February 2019 17.49:43

[QUOTE=davewilli;2230015]Yosser would have loved those chances.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to think that Hughes can take Akil under his wing and teach him what a real midfielder plays like.

EnglishRed 9th February 2019 17.51:17

[QUOTE=rob0916;2230017]So we win a game and now the happy clappers are back to take the piss out of people who had genuine concerns with how the club is being run. Can't say I'm surprised.[/QUOTE]

We won the other week as well. Didn't stop people ripping the club to shreds. Stop trying to create divisions.

corwenred 9th February 2019 17.53:06

[QUOTE=rob0916;2230017]So we win a game and now the happy clappers are back to take the piss out of people who had genuine concerns with how the club is being run. Can't say I'm surprised.[/QUOTE]

Jesus we won a game people are allowed to be happy.
Of course there are still issues that need sorting but just enjoy the win.

John Neals Dynasty 9th February 2019 17.55:35

First half terrible inline with this week's circus, absolutely clueless, I don't think today's game can be attributed to Hughes after 2 days, that first half neither keeper had anything to do.
Second half only one team in it and that was us, but only after the statue Stockton went off and Bobby Grant whose legs have gone. When Beavon and Rutherford replaced them the tempo picked up and in the end we should of won 4-0 but hell what a donkey Wright is apart from one show he was unlucky with he missed 3 easier to score than miss.

But great start for Hughes and then other results it seems more a battle not to go up.

At least the cracks have been papered over for a week.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redone 9th February 2019 17.56:31

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2230018]I'd love to think that Hughes can take Akil under his wing and teach him what a real midfielder plays like.[/QUOTE]

hes only got a 3.5yr deal

RemovedUser 9th February 2019 17.59:17

I think that after the shenanigins of this week, the players have shown professionalism and maturity. Give them credit for that.

rob0916 9th February 2019 18.00:06

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2230019]We won the other week as well. Didn't stop people ripping the club to shreds. Stop trying to create divisions.[/QUOTE]

I'm not, I'm simply saying that one win does not change the issues people have with the way the club is run. It is possible for people to celebrate a win and still be upset with what is going on off the pitch. How in the world can that be construed as creating divisions?

Tom wafc 9th February 2019 18.00:20

Same old in the first half. But much improved 2nd half, we should have won by 3 or 4 but Akil is woeful in front of goal. Young was my mom, he always looks to pass the ball forward and got plenty of energy about the pitch. The most annoying thing is Pearson and Lawlor constantly passing the ball to each other instead of passing it into midfield, and Lawlor getting into the habit of aimlessly hoofing the ball forward. Hopefully we can extend Tollitt loan, he makes a massive difference driving us forward.

AndyCobra 9th February 2019 18.00:55

[QUOTE=DoomandGloom;2230011]Pretty sure Salford could do with a CEO with footballing experience.[/QUOTE]

Comment of the week! Well done Sir.

moynkeepthefaith 9th February 2019 18.02:57

[QUOTE=corwenred;2230020]Jesus we won a game people are allowed to be happy.
Of course there are still issues that need sorting but just enjoy the win.[/QUOTE]

Spot on

blackbrookred 9th February 2019 18.03:32

Poor 1st half but much better once Beavon came on with his movement hold up play. Don't want to be too critical but Akil Wright was dreadful, how he didn't score is beyond belief.

red under the bed 9th February 2019 18.05:37

Another win ...all that matters. Well done Town !

spuderz123 9th February 2019 18.07:52

Pleased for BH getting his 1st win but that was pretty shit wasn't it.

Jennings has gone from a liability to one of our key players, Akil Wright is absolutely dog and I'm still finding it hard to believe we've got Beavon.

Roll on the next two aways. A load of ale, sniff and goals will do just nicely.

Up the sexy Town x

Redordead 9th February 2019 18.08:55

Great seeing Tollit in the 2nd half running direct at their defenders.

davewilli 9th February 2019 18.10:50

[QUOTE=rob0916;2230025]I'm not, I'm simply saying that one win does not change the issues people have with the way the club is run. It is possible for people to celebrate a win and still be upset with what is going on off the pitch. How in the world can that be construed as creating divisions?[/QUOTE]

I thought the problems were on the pitch?

We are all concerned, Ricketts and then Barrow going has dealt us a massive blow, but all the mass hysteria on here, all many believing, rumours, speculation and mis-truths.

mol 9th February 2019 18.12:09

Anyone know if Jason Oswell was just out of favour today?

I thought our primary target signing of the season might have at least made the bench.
Although with beavon, Ruthers and Holroyd on the bench there isn’t really room for another attacking player I guess.

Ooh aah Paskin 9th February 2019 18.12:44

Honest opinion?
Hard fought win but should have been a stroll second half.
First half nothing seemed to have changed. We lacked ambition, confidence and creativity.
Tollitt was by far the most dangerous player.
Though I don't know how we didn't go in one up....their keeper played a blinder all game.
Second half we looked second best until the changes.
One thing you will get from Rutherford and Beavon is drive and urgency. We needed it.
Well taken goal but after that we really should have got three or four more.
Wright's finishing is shocking.
All in all, an important win. Convincing? Not by a long shot but if we do that now until the end of the season grabbing one goal wins everyone will be happy!

Good to forget the background politics for a few hours but still nowhere near the perfect article.

John Neals Dynasty 9th February 2019 18.44:12

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2230018]I'd love to think that Hughes can take Akil under his wing and teach him what a real midfielder plays like.[/QUOTE]

In your dreams he national north quality at best

moynkeepthefaith 9th February 2019 18.49:47

Hey Nottsred - crowd over 5000 and we won :):):)

Red Light 9th February 2019 19.10:25

Thoughts - we were pretty poor first half - it was turning into another borefest.

Quite simply the game changed with the double substitution.
Extremely disappointed with the anonymous grant again - and my Tranmere friends are spot on - Stockton unfortunately resembles a Rhyl beach donkey.
Off they both went to be replaced by a double injection of intensity, hard running and pace.
Oswell not in the 16 man squad - any explanation ? he looked very lively when he came on last home match with excellent positioning and good touches.
Tollitt looked very good and great to see him starting and running hard at the opposition and taking them on - just what we need.
Defence was hardly troubled all match - did Lainton make a save ?
we should have won by far more than one goal - Akil Wright had 3 if not 4 opportunities that looked harder to miss than score yet fluffed the lot.
Finally it was fantastic to see the Tech End lower section full of kids - the looks on some of the kids faces when the Tech End started singing with the drum at 2.50 pm was a picture - sure many had never been in a football ground before - hopefully we have captured a few long term and they will keep coming back now, especially as they had a birds eye view so close to the action - the club need to repeat this ASAP.

9478geoff 9th February 2019 19.22:27

[QUOTE=shimosays;2229939]Beavon has to start
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

i defo like Bevs and i think he could be a top candidate for player of the season , but in his mid 30s he is always getting sub'd half way into the 2nd half , i was so pleased he came on when he did today 30 odd mins to go fresh legs at that point full of running when the ops are tiring he run Daggers ragged they could'nt handle him defo an impact player and good on the new manager recognising his strengths and limitations and he scored the winner , good game good win against a form side great substitutions at a good time great 3 points , good decision making from Yosser, hope he gets it right for the next game and makes the neccessary improvments , Dagger keeper was really good some great saves , we could ave had a few today but for some glaring miss'es aswell , COYRs

Funny_Old_Game 9th February 2019 19.26:01

Beavon might actually be best from the bench anyway. Let him run about like a loon for the last 20 mins.

Red_Jackoisback 9th February 2019 19.26:45

After a challenging week a perfect result.

Three points off top.

Coukd be written in the stars.

Outertowner 9th February 2019 19.35:50

Mentioned it on the live thread at half time that we had no impetus in the first half and were only focused on passing side to side. I also thought our passing, when it mattered, was poor.
Second half much better especially when the subs came on. We had a bit more about us and were more forceful going forward. Jennings put some decent crosses into the box and Beavon was lively.

I thought Beavon was excellent when he came on, and it was good to see that Hughes made the subs nice and early to ensure an impact could be made.

Tollitt better in second half but can see why he hasn't played thought his passing first half was poor but it maybe just from lack of games as it improved in the second.
Wright, positionally, is great but finishing has to be some of the worse I've seen. The open goal should of hands down been a goal or at least hit the target. He stuck another over the bar from 3 yards out (I know the ball came to him quickly but should have done better).

Today was typical Wrexham, if we play our remaining games like we played in the first half we'll be lucky to get playoffs but play like we did in the second half and we've got every chance of winning it. Its all about which Wrexham turns up and whether we can play like that for 90mins.

moynkeepthefaith 9th February 2019 19.40:08

[quote=red_jackoisback;2230059]after a challenging week a perfect result.

Three points off top.

Coukd be written in the stars.[/quote]

2 :)

dagg 9th February 2019 19.40:15

Disappointed with the attendance 5.366, just over 1,000 were there for the Grassroots youth football.

Trallwm94 9th February 2019 19.49:57

Word on the officials. Seen worse at the Racecourse this season. No cards I can recall, no unnecessary talking-to, some good advantage and ref getting assistance from liner on decisions. Credit where it's due

John Neals Dynasty 9th February 2019 19.50:01

[QUOTE=9478geoff;2230057]i defo like Bevs and i think he could be a top candidate for player of the season , but in his mid 30s he is always getting sub'd half way into the 2nd half , i was so pleased he came on when he did today 30 odd mins to go fresh legs at that point full of running when the ops are tiring he run Daggers ragged they could'nt handle him defo an impact player and good on the new manager recognising his strengths and limitations and he scored the winner , good game good win against a form side great substitutions at a good time great 3 points , good decision making from Yosser, hope he gets it right for the next game and makes the neccessary improvments , Dagger keeper was really good some great saves , we could ave had a few today but for some glaring miss'es aswell , COYRs[/QUOTE]

Sorry but Hughes only took over yesterday he wouldn’t know if Beavon was a 90 or 45 min player, it's to early to be offering out praise just yet I'm sure the majority of the decisions would be by Darlington and Jussi with Hughes observing them today, looking at their strengths and weaknesses.

moynkeepthefaith 9th February 2019 19.52:52

[QUOTE=Trallwm94;2230068]Word on the officials. Seen worse at the Racecourse this season. No cards I can recall, no unnecessary talking-to, some good advantage and ref getting assistance from liner on decisions. Credit where it's due[/QUOTE]

Card for us for sure for walker

GarryOggy 9th February 2019 19.55:27

[QUOTE=davewilli;2230009]No ambishun from the board and Alexander has lost the changing room .[/QUOTE]

Too much swagger and ego in the board room.

GarryOggy 9th February 2019 20.02:09

[QUOTE=mol;2230037]Anyone know if Jason Oswell was just out of favour today?

I thought our primary target signing of the season might have at least made the bench.
Although with beavon, Ruthers and Holroyd on the bench there isn’t really room for another attacking player I guess.[/QUOTE]

Stockton must be amazing in training.I suppose he might be still not fully fit.

thedischunter96 9th February 2019 20.06:10

First half was awful. It was how we were playing when GB took over. Second half much better.

It looked like in the second half we played 4-1-4-1 which seemed to help. When Beavon and Ruthers came on it made the team more attack minded.

No sign of Oswell or Fondop playing? I did see Fondop, he was sat behind the dugout.

There is no "stand out" team this season. Whoever keeps winning will go up!

Lets hope its us!

John Neals Dynasty 9th February 2019 20.08:54

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2230070]Card for us for sure for walker[/QUOTE]

Yes Walker deservedly booked for a cynical challenge

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.37:50.