RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Reaction vs Dag and Red (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113412-reaction-vs-dag-red.html)

moynkeepthefaith 9th February 2019 21.35:41

Re: Reaction vs Dag and Red

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2230075]Yes Walker deservedly booked for a cynical challenge
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agreed but no more cynical than their left back shortly after

rob0916 9th February 2019 21.39:30

In the youtube interview Hughes say that Oswell wasn't in the squad due to tactical reasons. I would have thought we have more to gain from Oswell in the long term than Stockton and after seeing him play today I'd be surprised if he started next Saturday.

Back of the Kop 9th February 2019 21.45:08

Seems we've blown the January budget on 2 cart horses in Oswell and Stockton.

Why do we do this every single January ?

rob0916 9th February 2019 21.51:28

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2230083]Seems we've blown the January budget on 2 cart horses in Oswell and Stockton.

Why do we do this every single January ?[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Oswell was Ricketts's main target so you can't gripe at that but Stockton is a puzzler. He doesn't have a history of scoring goals and we already know that proven goalscorers who come here turn into pumpkins so to not even be one to begin with isn't a great sign!

Back of the Kop 9th February 2019 21.53:13

[QUOTE=rob0916;2230085]To be fair, Oswell was Ricketts's main target so you can't gripe at that but Stockton is a puzzler. He doesn't have a history of scoring goals and we already know that proven goalscorers who come here turn into pumpkins so to not even be one to begin with isn't a great sign![/QUOTE]

Ah well, we are 14 one nil wins from the title !!!

stevewxm 9th February 2019 22.21:14

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2230086]Ah well, we are 14 one nil wins from the title !!![/QUOTE]

Said exactly the same myself

Bobby_Shinton 9th February 2019 22.55:08

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2230070]Card for us for sure for walker[/QUOTE]

Yes - Walker booked for attempted trip in first half which the attacker did well to ride, but the ref hadn't forgot when the move had broken down and up went the yellow card, which was probably deserved, to be fair.

Bobby_Shinton 9th February 2019 22.56:36

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2230073]Stockton must be amazing in training.I suppose he might be still not fully fit.[/QUOTE]

Stockton showed a few nice touches, but that was about it, making little impact as far as I could see. Oswell impressed me more when he came on in the last home game.

billybersham 9th February 2019 22.57:36

[QUOTE=9478geoff;2230057]i defo like Bevs and i think he could be a top candidate for player of the season , but in his mid 30s he is always getting sub'd half way into the 2nd half , i was so pleased he came on when he did today 30 odd mins to go fresh legs at that point full of running when the ops are tiring he run Daggers ragged they could'nt handle him defo an impact player and good on the new manager recognising his strengths and limitations and he scored the winner , good game good win against a form side great substitutions at a good time great 3 points , good decision making from Yosser, hope he gets it right for the next game and makes the neccessary improvments , Dagger keeper was really good some great saves , we could ave had a few today but for some glaring miss'es aswell , COYRs[/QUOTE]

Have we got any better strikers than Beavon to start and sorry the answer would be No,also Dagenham were not a form team over the last 6 games they are bottom five,

John Neals Dynasty 9th February 2019 23.24:14

[QUOTE=billybersham;2230103]Have we got any better strikers than Beavon to start and sorry the answer would be No,also Dagenham were not a form team over the last 6 games they are bottom five,[/QUOTE]

Dagenham were atrocious but first half we caused our own problems, infact like 11 players who met for the first time. Pearson and Lawlor Kept us going, but our main problem was still there first half passing sideways especially Pearson and Lawlor because the midfield didn't look for space and were awful and when one did get it they launched it forward, Tollet first half showed why he hasn't been playing terrible control and passing just pace, 2nd half he was much improved but looked out on his feet with 20mins to go and I would of thought Holroyd would of come in for him.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Quay Red 9th February 2019 23.58:40

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2230107]Dagenham were atrocious but first half we caused our own problems, infact like 11 players who met for the first time. Pearson and Lawlor Kept us going, but our main problem was still there first half passing sideways especially Pearson and Lawlor because the midfield didn't look for space and were awful and when one did get it they launched it forward, Tollet first half showed why he hasn't been playing terrible control and passing just pace, 2nd half he was much improved but looked out on his feet with 20mins to go and I would of thought Holroyd would of come in for him.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agree. Our passing was abysmal in the first half and even the passes that were completed were either directly at or behind the player. This slows play considerably and benefits the defenders. Stockton looked a bit lost, pretty much up front on his own with no real support or creativity from the team. We had a couple of decent moves, one of which Grant had an effort tipped onto the bar but other than that the first half was likely to drive the kids away.
Good changes after Half time put us on the front foot and changed the game. at least we made some chances, all we've got to do now is take them.
Good start for Yozzer but lets judge in 4 or 5 games to see how he influences the way we play.

RedArmy123 10th February 2019 03.03:23

Great win in the end. Good that Salford and Orient dropped points too. But I don't think we're champions material. First half we were average. Frustrating as hell when Pearson and Lawlor pass it amongst themselves. Thought Tollitt shone in the second half. Deserved to win but would have been more if Wright could put it in the net. Stockton is idle and doesn't even look interested at times. Grant anonymous again too. Oswell, Tollitt and Holroyd for Havant.

pagl 10th February 2019 07.39:32

[QUOTE=RedArmy123;2230129]Great win in the end. Good that Salford and Orient dropped points too. But I don't think we're champions material. First half we were average. Frustrating as hell when Pearson and Lawlor pass it amongst themselves. Thought Tollitt shone in the second half. Deserved to win but would have been more if Wright could put it in the net. Stockton is idle and doesn't even look interested at times. Grant anonymous again too. Oswell, Tollitt and Holroyd for Havant.[/QUOTE]

Agree. I think more questions than answers from todays game.
Albiet another welcome 3 points at home its our away form that is our problem as well.

Grant and Stockton are not the answer up front and no better than Oswell, Fondop or Holroyd. Beavon is clearly better than them all and Rutherford needs to be part of a midfield 4.

If only Roberts could push forward more effectively. His constant passing backwards stops our momentum far too often. Jennings is far more effective on the left.

Wright is just not a CM and was woeful at times today.

Shame we allowed Barrow to sign 5 players in Jan when BH really needs to ring some changes in the squad.

Next 2 away games are huge.

Willywill 10th February 2019 08.15:42

First half performance was dire. We made an average team look threatening. I walked into the Centenary Club at half time, but I really wanted to carry on and go home. Glad I didn’t cos the second half was much better. The subs made a big difference. Beacon was major impact - a pity he is not five years younger. Did Akil sleep last night after missing four clear cut chances?
A lot for Bryan to work on after yesterday’s performance. The league position now looks a lot better but any team that struggles to score (like us) will be massive under dogs in a play off environment. God bless our defence.

Vorporix 10th February 2019 08.44:22

[QUOTE=Willywill;2230144][B]First half performance was dire[/B]. We made an average team look threatening. I walked into the Centenary Club at half time, but I really wanted to carry on and go home. Glad I didn’t cos the second half was much better. The subs made a big difference. Beacon was major impact - a pity he is not five years younger. Did Akil sleep last night after missing four clear cut chances?
A lot for Bryan to work on after yesterday’s performance. The league position now looks a lot better but any team that struggles to score (like us) will be massive under dogs in a play off environment. God bless our defence.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that good!

We are in a great league position and we are not scoring goals - once Hughes sorts that problem, which I'm sure he will, we will really be in with a shout.

davewilli 10th February 2019 09.04:23

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2230152]Wasn't that good!

We are in a great league position and we are not scoring goals - once Hughes sorts that problem, which I'm sure he will, we will really be in with a shout.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he necessarily will, in the remainder of this season and I wouldn't get too hung up on it. BH says he has good options up top so we can ecpect 3 forwards who are capable of getting vital goals if not in anbundance. We have 14 cup ties if we have ambition for the title and it's about winning the vast majority of those games and he will have seen from yesterday the players who made that happen. Half our games are away anyway so whilst we need to be taking our chances, we need a team who can keep it tight and nick wins. If we can get a run going now momentum will build and goals will come, as they did against Salford as confidence grows. Shortly it will be more about who wants it the most and can cope with the pressure than improving the overall performance.

Back of the Kop 10th February 2019 09.08:33

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2230152]Wasn't that good!

We are in a great league position and we are not scoring goals - once Hughes sorts that problem, which I'm sure he will, we will really be in with a shout.[/QUOTE]

Just how is Hughes going to do that ? The board gave the manager who didn't want the job all the swag, he's spunked it on unfit and sh*t players and now the window is closed.

Is it any wonder we're all so pi**ed off with the board.Absolute wasters

Vorporix 10th February 2019 09.11:57

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2230159]Just how is Hughes going to do that ? The board gave the manager who didn't want the job all the swag, he's spunked it on unfit and sh*t players and now the window is closed.

Is it any wonder we're all so pi**ed off with the board.Absolute wasters[/QUOTE]

He said at the meet the manager meeting that he did not expect all the goals to come from the strikers and expects the midfield to pop up with goals, so give him a chance to change things and let's wait and see.

I like to be positive occasionally :)

flynhater 10th February 2019 09.22:19

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2230159]Just how is Hughes going to do that ? The board gave the manager who didn't want the job all the swag, he's spunked it on unfit and sh*t players and now the window is closed.

Is it any wonder we're all so pi**ed off with the board.Absolute wasters[/QUOTE]

How do we know that the Board gave him the money they say they did. With the amount of lies ‘Oops I mean the miss information’ that has been coming from the Top Table. If they told me it was daylight out side at 12:00 noon I would go outside to Check.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Willywill 10th February 2019 10.19:44

He “expects the midfield to come up with some goals”. Nice thought, but Akil Wright had four straightforward chances yesterday and he fluffed all of them. Bryan Hughes was a midfielder who scored vital goals - is he thinking that our midfield can play (and score) like him?

NottsRed 10th February 2019 10.43:16

[QUOTE=Willywill;2230183]He “expects the midfield to come up with some goals”. Nice thought, but Akil Wright had four straightforward chances yesterday and he fluffed all of them. Bryan Hughes was a midfielder who scored vital goals - is he thinking that our midfield can play (and score) like him?[/QUOTE]

He needs one or two loan midfielders simple as. I would hope he will be aloud to act quickly on this.

Also re Stockton looks like the Tranmere fan who was on here when we signed him was true in what he said.

Wonder what Oswell is thinking today after leaving Morcambe to come here??

Poethlyn 10th February 2019 10.55:14

What do Stockton and Grant add to the team. Fondop would be better than Stockton and Rutherford offers more than Grant.

How much have wasted on these two.

The signing in January should make the team better, can't see these 2 doing this

COYR

draig arian 10th February 2019 11.28:15

[QUOTE=StaffordshireRed;2229935]One of the in form teams in the league. Great result, 2 points off top which 100% of fans would have taken at the start of the season. Let's get behind the boys for the run in..it could make all the different.

Come on you frustating, inconsistent, lovely town x[/QUOTE]

Short and sweet. Brilliant.

ABd 10th February 2019 12.10:32

[QUOTE=Willywill;2230183]He “expects the midfield to come up with some goals”. Nice thought, but Akil Wright had four straightforward chances yesterday and he fluffed all of them. Bryan Hughes was a midfielder who scored vital goals - is he thinking that our midfield can play (and score) like him?[/QUOTE]

If Walker had been in those positions Wright found himself in, he surely would have scored a few. He's miles better technically (remember his goal against Salford) and I think he is a bit wasted in the holding role.

We could play Summerfield or even Carrington in the holding role and have Walker and Young in front.

Bushfield Stand 10th February 2019 12.26:07

[QUOTE=dagg;2230063]Disappointed with the attendance 5.366, just over 1,000 were there for the Grassroots youth football.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, shocking really that we yet again have the biggest crowd of the day in the league, and it's only more or less the same as six of the other games totalled together. :confused:

Colonel D 10th February 2019 16.02:38

[QUOTE=ABd;2230234]If Walker had been in those positions Wright found himself in, he surely would have scored a few. He's miles better technically (remember his goal against Salford) and I think he is a bit wasted in the holding role.

We could play Summerfield or even Carrington in the holding role and have Walker and Young in front.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this ,but could Wright play the holding role , because there is a player in there somewhere.
Another option in a diamond is to play Beavon in the forward point and Young and Rutherford wide.
I haven’t given up on Fondop yet !

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2019 09.38:05

[QUOTE=ABd;2230234]If Walker had been in those positions Wright found himself in, he surely would have scored a few. He's miles better technically (remember his goal against Salford) and I think he is a bit wasted in the holding role.

We could play Summerfield [B]or even Carrington[/B] in the holding role and have Walker and Young in front.[/QUOTE]

Only if you're completely mental.

pagl 11th February 2019 09.40:27

BH has stated everyone will have a part to play even Oswell, Deverdics, Kennedy but misses out Fondop. Does he exist anymore? :)

Rhys's Daddy 11th February 2019 10.03:09

Hey it was BH first game and we won - even better others dropped points

Not bad start

Back of the Kop 11th February 2019 10.16:40

[QUOTE=dagg;2230063]Disappointed with the attendance 5.366, just over 1,000 were there for the Grassroots youth football.[/QUOTE]

You must still be sh**ing yellow.

I think we got around that for Sheffield Wednesday at home in League 1 in early 00's

Going further back into the 80's it was normal to have 1500 at home in League 2 (Division 4 back then)

Believe me, crowds this season are amazing

dixienormous 11th February 2019 10.20:18

Where was Oswell?

pagl 11th February 2019 10.22:34

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2230487]Where was Oswell?[/QUOTE]

left out for tactical reasons according to BH.

dagg 11th February 2019 10.39:06

[QUOTE=Bushfield Stand;2230246]Yeah, shocking really that we yet again have the biggest crowd of the day in the league, and it's only more or less the same as six of the other games totalled together. :confused:[/QUOTE]

I never said it was shocking, I was just expecting a few hundred more with our average gate of around 4,800. and around 1,000 with the Grassroots youth football.

KingBuxton_Forever red 11th February 2019 10.48:33

[QUOTE=rob0916;2230080]In the youtube interview Hughes say that Oswell wasn't in the squad due to tactical reasons. I would have thought we have more to gain from Oswell in the long term than Stockton and after seeing him play today I'd be surprised if he started next Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. You would think/hope everybody is going to get a go at it (even Fondop) so BH can make an informed decision.

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2019 12.49:31

Stockton was dreadful. No movement whatsoever and barely looked interested.

On that showing send him back to Tranmere now.

Beavon changed the game but I think anyone would have as long as they put some effort in rather than being a statue like Stockton was.

Tollit looked decent and why on earth he's been left out of the team is a mystery

fezbob 11th February 2019 13.15:41

Oswell faces the wrong way according to Kev Wilkin, whereas Stockton wins more top hat headers.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

CRUMBS 11th February 2019 13.19:59

Why leave out a new player , he's hardly had a chance , it must knock him back a bit after signing , you would think Oswell would be the man in the box to finish .

Quay Red 11th February 2019 13.26:08

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2230552]Why leave out a new player , he's hardly had a chance , it must knock him back a bit after signing , you would think Oswell would be the man in the box to finish .[/QUOTE]

Why not give Bryan Hughes half a chance to make his own mind up.
He needs a few weeks to get to grips with the team and develop the way he wants us to play but he isn't daft enough to make wholesale changes to fit all the new signings in at once.

CRUMBS 11th February 2019 13.36:10

Oh dear not allowed an opinion now then am i , what do you think everybody else does on here , touchy git . Grow up it ain't your club you know .

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2019 14.03:00

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2230557]Oh dear not allowed an opinion now then am i , what do you think everybody else does on here , touchy git . Grow up it ain't your club you know .[/QUOTE]

I think what QR was saying that as BH has only been in charge for a few days he needs time to work out his best team etc. Hopefully he will give Oswell a chance like he gave Stockton a chance on Saturday which he failed miserably to take.
In three or four games we'll have a much better idea of who he does and doesn't rate.

Personally I'd give Fondop another chance. Lord knows what he did to get frozen out the way he did.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.26:07.