RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Reaction vs Dag and Red (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113412-reaction-vs-dag-red.html)

LlayDragon 9th February 2019 17.01:27

Re: Reaction vs Dag and Red

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2229959]he came on at the right time, I don't think he has the energy for a full game in him any more, but he showed class and composure when he came on and caused no end of problems for a tiring defence....

Oh dear Akil ..... one to forget[/QUOTE]

Wright needs to seriously work on his finishing. He got into the right places, and the volley was difficult but how composure in front of goal was nasty.

panda23 9th February 2019 17.03:27

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2229975]Wright need to seriously work on his finishing. He got into the places, and the volley was difficult but his composure in front of goal was nasty.[/QUOTE]

To be fair he got into the right areas but his composure to put the ball in the net was very poor.

fezbob 9th February 2019 17.04:38

Jennings deserves credit for another decent attacking performance. Without him plugging away and putting crosses in we wouldn't have scored.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

rob0916 9th February 2019 17.05:37

The first half was like exactly like we have seen all season but that second half was a major improvement. Tollitt was a completely different player second half and Beavon and Rutherford added just what was needed at the right time.

I do feel for Akil Wright as he was having a really good game and was popping up in the right places constantly but his composure in front of goal is absolutely horrendous. It just shows there's a decent player in there somewhere but he's proved all season his finishing is worse than sunday league level.

It's hard to give Hughes too much credit for this result as he has had virtually no input but the fact is we've won again and we should have scored at least 3 in the second half which is a good start. The tests will start to come over the next couple of weeks and if we win both of them then we could be in with a shout.

chef1 9th February 2019 17.06:57

Man of the match for me was Jennings was trying get forward all match .1st half was pretty poor second half once subs came on we did excellent .

Dougie Davies 9th February 2019 17.08:38

First half was very flat. Too much side to side passing with little going forward. Second half we should have won by 4 of 5. Thought D&R were poor.

Quay Red 9th February 2019 17.09:50

Akil is slowly improving his game. Needs to be a lot more assured and composed with the ball but does seem to get in the right areas.
Poor first half, typical Wrexham after a 2 week break, looked rusty.
Better all round in 2nd half especially after the subs came on. Pace went up a gear or two and the chances increased. Beavon and Ruthers made the difference.
Tollit got more involved as did Jennings and even Roberts got over the half way line.
Good win and a welcome 3 points. Still all to play for.
Long trip next Saturday to an awkward side who are comfortable at home. Hope we've done our work on them and can get another win. 3 points on the road is long overdue.

totesey2 9th February 2019 17.10:19

Awful first half against a poor side, But second half much better, Not taking our chances, could have cost us especially at the end when they had so many corners. Good job this league is still wide open, There is hope yet!

TWREX 9th February 2019 17.16:57

First half was very poor nobody looking to get into space. Second half after the subs much better.Would have liked to have seen Holroyd for Grant , Ruthers for Akil and of course Beavon down the middle the lads class just makes things happen. If they where the form team I think we could be in with a shout.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.59:13.