RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Reaction vs Dag and Red (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113412-reaction-vs-dag-red.html)

Ooh aah Paskin 9th February 2019 18.12:44

Re: Reaction vs Dag and Red

Honest opinion?
Hard fought win but should have been a stroll second half.
First half nothing seemed to have changed. We lacked ambition, confidence and creativity.
Tollitt was by far the most dangerous player.
Though I don't know how we didn't go in one up....their keeper played a blinder all game.
Second half we looked second best until the changes.
One thing you will get from Rutherford and Beavon is drive and urgency. We needed it.
Well taken goal but after that we really should have got three or four more.
Wright's finishing is shocking.
All in all, an important win. Convincing? Not by a long shot but if we do that now until the end of the season grabbing one goal wins everyone will be happy!

Good to forget the background politics for a few hours but still nowhere near the perfect article.

John Neals Dynasty 9th February 2019 18.44:12

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2230018]I'd love to think that Hughes can take Akil under his wing and teach him what a real midfielder plays like.[/QUOTE]

In your dreams he national north quality at best
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

moynkeepthefaith 9th February 2019 18.49:47

Hey Nottsred - crowd over 5000 and we won :):):)

Red Light 9th February 2019 19.10:25

Thoughts - we were pretty poor first half - it was turning into another borefest.

Quite simply the game changed with the double substitution.
Extremely disappointed with the anonymous grant again - and my Tranmere friends are spot on - Stockton unfortunately resembles a Rhyl beach donkey.
Off they both went to be replaced by a double injection of intensity, hard running and pace.
Oswell not in the 16 man squad - any explanation ? he looked very lively when he came on last home match with excellent positioning and good touches.
Tollitt looked very good and great to see him starting and running hard at the opposition and taking them on - just what we need.
Defence was hardly troubled all match - did Lainton make a save ?
we should have won by far more than one goal - Akil Wright had 3 if not 4 opportunities that looked harder to miss than score yet fluffed the lot.
Finally it was fantastic to see the Tech End lower section full of kids - the looks on some of the kids faces when the Tech End started singing with the drum at 2.50 pm was a picture - sure many had never been in a football ground before - hopefully we have captured a few long term and they will keep coming back now, especially as they had a birds eye view so close to the action - the club need to repeat this ASAP.

9478geoff 9th February 2019 19.22:27

[QUOTE=shimosays;2229939]Beavon has to start
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

i defo like Bevs and i think he could be a top candidate for player of the season , but in his mid 30s he is always getting sub'd half way into the 2nd half , i was so pleased he came on when he did today 30 odd mins to go fresh legs at that point full of running when the ops are tiring he run Daggers ragged they could'nt handle him defo an impact player and good on the new manager recognising his strengths and limitations and he scored the winner , good game good win against a form side great substitutions at a good time great 3 points , good decision making from Yosser, hope he gets it right for the next game and makes the neccessary improvments , Dagger keeper was really good some great saves , we could ave had a few today but for some glaring miss'es aswell , COYRs

Funny_Old_Game 9th February 2019 19.26:01

Beavon might actually be best from the bench anyway. Let him run about like a loon for the last 20 mins.

Red_Jackoisback 9th February 2019 19.26:45

After a challenging week a perfect result.

Three points off top.

Coukd be written in the stars.

Outertowner 9th February 2019 19.35:50

Mentioned it on the live thread at half time that we had no impetus in the first half and were only focused on passing side to side. I also thought our passing, when it mattered, was poor.
Second half much better especially when the subs came on. We had a bit more about us and were more forceful going forward. Jennings put some decent crosses into the box and Beavon was lively.

I thought Beavon was excellent when he came on, and it was good to see that Hughes made the subs nice and early to ensure an impact could be made.

Tollitt better in second half but can see why he hasn't played thought his passing first half was poor but it maybe just from lack of games as it improved in the second.
Wright, positionally, is great but finishing has to be some of the worse I've seen. The open goal should of hands down been a goal or at least hit the target. He stuck another over the bar from 3 yards out (I know the ball came to him quickly but should have done better).

Today was typical Wrexham, if we play our remaining games like we played in the first half we'll be lucky to get playoffs but play like we did in the second half and we've got every chance of winning it. Its all about which Wrexham turns up and whether we can play like that for 90mins.

moynkeepthefaith 9th February 2019 19.40:08

[quote=red_jackoisback;2230059]after a challenging week a perfect result.

Three points off top.

Coukd be written in the stars.[/quote]

2 :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.15:35.