RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Reaction vs Dag and Red (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113412-reaction-vs-dag-red.html)

StaffordshireRed 9th February 2019 16.06:25

Reaction vs Dag and Red

One of the in form teams in the league. Great result, 2 points off top which 100% of fans would have taken at the start of the season. Let's get behind the boys for the run in..it could make all the different.

Come on you frustating, inconsistent, lovely town x

RetiredMember021 9th February 2019 16.11:34

Re: Reaction vs Dag and Red

A massive win after that mental week. Salford and Orient drop points too.

redone 9th February 2019 16.16:37

great 3pts all things considered, if we can just put the ball in the net please ,please,pretty please

Prodigal Dragon 9th February 2019 16.17:19

A deserved win, which allows us to regroup after a difficult week. Should have been a lot more, but BH now has time to sort out some issues, mostly in midfield.

Well done, everyone!

shimosays 9th February 2019 16.18:10

Beavon has to start
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Funny_Old_Game 9th February 2019 16.19:53

Same old problems exist regardless of whether Guardiola was the manager. Akil Wright is simply terrible, he has no technical ability whatsoever.

Pleased for Hughes as winning the first one is important. I imagine he’s shocked by the inability of this lot in front of the goal, not a calm head in the whole squad.

Hightown Brymbo Red 9th February 2019 16.23:40

Fantastic result Well done to the players it must have been a difficult week for them

WREX01 9th February 2019 16.24:14

Much needed win.
We looked better with Beavon and Rutherford on.A 442 involving these 2 would work.

Akil Wright ........ oh dear

WREX777 9th February 2019 16.27:23

Hopefully Stockton hasn’t stopped running all the way back to Tranmere. When Beavon and Rutherford came on the effort levels increased by 1 million per cent.

Credit to Hughes for making a double substitution to change things.

TaidTom 9th February 2019 16.28:37

Pleasantly surprised by how poor D&R were. 3or 4 of them looked like they'd never played before.

petered 9th February 2019 16.30:15

Beavon was a class above.

greenacres 9th February 2019 16.31:47

3 points important much much better when Beavon and Rutherford came on. No movement first half and sideways play. The strength of team is defence. Team needed the confidence of the goal.

northwalian dragon 9th February 2019 16.36:05

Hughes changes things well early on and won the game for us, had to be one of the least animated managers I’ve seen though

I said last time we played that Akil should retire based on that performance, today was even worse

Tollit showing why he hasn’t been getting a start. Improved in the last 10 minutes though

Luke Young man of the match by a mile. Beavon and Ruthers did great coming on but everything good in that game came from Luke Young, including the goal. He starts moves off and then gets himself into good attacking positions constantly

Answer Release 9th February 2019 16.37:36

Two away games to follow, six points that could very much decide how our season pans out...

Four days training for BH to assess why we’ve been so absolutely terrible away from home

Back of the Kop 9th February 2019 16.38:26

2 points off the top.This is one crazy league this year.

If we could get some stability we could win it bonkers as that sounds

JonoWafc 9th February 2019 16.38:38

Very good second half after a poor first. Beavon and Ruthers must start next game

Lods 9th February 2019 16.46:40

Very good win. Credit to Hughes for making the double change with plenty of time for it to change the game.

Big shout out to Lawlor. I thought he was incredible today, Dagenham gave him a lot to do and he cut out a lot of their attacks - especially in the first half.

Akil Wright could have become our top scorer on today alone but he can't hit a barn door with a shovel. His composure in front of goal needs to improve tenfold.

Redordead 9th February 2019 16.47:21

2nd Half was very good should have 5-0. Subs were made at the right time instead of waiting till 70-75 mins in.

Grant and Stockton didn’t do much. Rutherford Tollit and Beavon were very good.

Akil Wright in front of goal is turd.

OneLoveWrexham 9th February 2019 16.47:30

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2229953]Very good second half after a poor first. Beavon and Ruthers must start next game[/QUOTE]
I don’t think so, possibly Beavon but we can’t keep persevering with the same forward line that has hardly scored a goal in months so I was happy with change.

panda23 9th February 2019 16.47:38

Thought we created several good chances today , Wright should have had a hat-trick. Away results need to improve for us to have a chance of winning the league though.

Gaz Wxm 9th February 2019 16.49:11

[QUOTE=petered;2229946]Beavon was a class above.[/QUOTE]

he came on at the right time, I don't think he has the energy for a full game in him any more, but he showed class and composure when he came on and caused no end of problems for a tiring defence....

Oh dear Akil ..... one to forget

dagg 9th February 2019 16.50:25

3 points, but bloody hard work.

sionwxm 9th February 2019 16.52:14

That’s a bloody good win. D&R have been the form team in the league lately. COYR

billybersham 9th February 2019 16.54:58

[QUOTE=StaffordshireRed;2229935]One of the in form teams in the league. Great result, 2 points off top which 100% of fans would have taken at the start of the season. Let's get behind the boys for the run in..it could make all the different.

Come on you frustating, inconsistent, lovely town x[/QUOTE]

Dagenhams form over the last 6 games is 20th out of 24 teams!

davewilli 9th February 2019 16.55:29

Just what the doctor ordered. Had my doubts but well done the players, stuck at it despite a difficult week and far from good preparation. Agree with others Beavon was different class, lifted others, got us on the front foot and fingers crossed he can stay fit. Some much bigger tests to come but Yosser needed that.

Redordead 9th February 2019 16.56:42

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2229962]That’s a bloody good win. D&R have been the form team in the league lately. COYR[/QUOTE]

5 points from they’re last 5 games.

Should have hammered them

pagl 9th February 2019 16.57:33

Big 3 points after this week.
Plenty of room for improvement and the misses from Wright!!!

LlayDragon 9th February 2019 17.01:27

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2229959]he came on at the right time, I don't think he has the energy for a full game in him any more, but he showed class and composure when he came on and caused no end of problems for a tiring defence....

Oh dear Akil ..... one to forget[/QUOTE]

Wright needs to seriously work on his finishing. He got into the right places, and the volley was difficult but how composure in front of goal was nasty.

panda23 9th February 2019 17.03:27

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2229975]Wright need to seriously work on his finishing. He got into the places, and the volley was difficult but his composure in front of goal was nasty.[/QUOTE]

To be fair he got into the right areas but his composure to put the ball in the net was very poor.

fezbob 9th February 2019 17.04:38

Jennings deserves credit for another decent attacking performance. Without him plugging away and putting crosses in we wouldn't have scored.

rob0916 9th February 2019 17.05:37

The first half was like exactly like we have seen all season but that second half was a major improvement. Tollitt was a completely different player second half and Beavon and Rutherford added just what was needed at the right time.

I do feel for Akil Wright as he was having a really good game and was popping up in the right places constantly but his composure in front of goal is absolutely horrendous. It just shows there's a decent player in there somewhere but he's proved all season his finishing is worse than sunday league level.

It's hard to give Hughes too much credit for this result as he has had virtually no input but the fact is we've won again and we should have scored at least 3 in the second half which is a good start. The tests will start to come over the next couple of weeks and if we win both of them then we could be in with a shout.

chef1 9th February 2019 17.06:57

Man of the match for me was Jennings was trying get forward all match .1st half was pretty poor second half once subs came on we did excellent .

Dougie Davies 9th February 2019 17.08:38

First half was very flat. Too much side to side passing with little going forward. Second half we should have won by 4 of 5. Thought D&R were poor.

Quay Red 9th February 2019 17.09:50

Akil is slowly improving his game. Needs to be a lot more assured and composed with the ball but does seem to get in the right areas.
Poor first half, typical Wrexham after a 2 week break, looked rusty.
Better all round in 2nd half especially after the subs came on. Pace went up a gear or two and the chances increased. Beavon and Ruthers made the difference.
Tollit got more involved as did Jennings and even Roberts got over the half way line.
Good win and a welcome 3 points. Still all to play for.
Long trip next Saturday to an awkward side who are comfortable at home. Hope we've done our work on them and can get another win. 3 points on the road is long overdue.

totesey2 9th February 2019 17.10:19

Awful first half against a poor side, But second half much better, Not taking our chances, could have cost us especially at the end when they had so many corners. Good job this league is still wide open, There is hope yet!

TWREX 9th February 2019 17.16:57

First half was very poor nobody looking to get into space. Second half after the subs much better.Would have liked to have seen Holroyd for Grant , Ruthers for Akil and of course Beavon down the middle the lads class just makes things happen. If they where the form team I think we could be in with a shout.

corwenred 9th February 2019 17.26:29

Incredibly frustrating first gakf, second half was better. The main thing today was getting the win however it came about, and in the end we probably should have won by a couple of more goals.

moynkeepthefaith 9th February 2019 17.29:43

[QUOTE=chef1;2229981]Man of the match for me was Jennings was trying get forward all match .1st half was pretty poor second half once subs came on we did excellent .[/QUOTE]

Also my mom although beavon and Rutherford changed the game.
Akil was getting into good places and should have scored 2 minimum.
First half very hard work but it’s 3 points and BH has work to do but we’re in the mix. Wonder if Salford Passion is calling for wholesale changes ?

davewilli 9th February 2019 17.31:06

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2229959]he came on at the right time, I don't think he has the energy for a full game in him any more, but he showed class and composure when he came on and caused no end of problems for a tiring defence....

Oh dear Akil ..... one to forget[/QUOTE]

The positive is we created some chances and Akil was in there getting on the end of things. A couple were harder to miss but that's how it goes sometimes.

corwenred 9th February 2019 17.32:33

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2230003]Also my mom although beavon and Rutherford changed the game.
Akil was getting into good places and should have scored 2 minimum.
First half very hard work but it’s 3 points and BH has work to do but we’re in the mix. Wonder if Salford Passion is calling for wholesale changes ?[/QUOTE]

Jennings was my MOTM, it's concerning how much more effective the left wing of Jennings/Tollit is compared to the right with Roberts/Grant/Rutherford.

Akil Wright is such a strange one, he breaks up play well, can drive forward with strength/pace, and pops up in the right places to score. Problem is the two things at the ends of his legs.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.08:05.