RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Time for positivity - a rallying cry (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113416-time-positivity-rallying-cry.html)

pagl 11th February 2019 15.17:10

Re: Time for positivity - a rallying cry

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2230515]Win 10, draw 2 we should be ok.... definite top 3 anyway!
And make sure one of those 10 is Orient away.. ;)[/QUOTE]

We will know if this is possible after next 2 away games. Lets hope the team have some positivity away from home.

wxmdoug 11th February 2019 16.17:44

[QUOTE=pagl;2230593]We will know if this is possible after next 2 away games. Lets hope the team have some positivity away from home.[/QUOTE]

id take 4 points but love 6 points ,

these are the games that make you champions ,

are we strong enough ?

Ooh aah Paskin 11th February 2019 16.26:21

Looking at the remaining fixtures there a two or three tricky ones, but realistically the others are all winnable, and should be if we have serious aspirations to win the title.

We don't have to play Salford, Solihull, or Fylde again. We have Sutton and Harrogate at home and Gateshead and Orient away (of the current top 8).

No reason we shouldn't be looking at several wins. Key will be the away form.

thedischunter96 11th February 2019 20.05:30

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2230625]Looking at the remaining fixtures there a two or three tricky ones, but realistically the others are all winnable, and should be if we have serious aspirations to win the title.

We don't have to play Salford, Solihull, or Fylde again. We have Sutton and Harrogate at home and Gateshead and Orient away (of the current top 8).

No reason we shouldn't be looking at several wins. Key will be the away form.[/QUOTE]

Orient on the 9th could be a title decider. Gateshead is a potential banana skin. If they can sort out the away form, like you say, it could be ours to lose!

Alan Attack 11th February 2019 20.07:30

Have we got any more all weather pitches to play on?

pagl 12th February 2019 06.45:07

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2230669]Have we got any more all weather pitches to play on?[/QUOTE]

Kind off irrelevant as away form is poor on any kind of surface.

Alan Attack 12th February 2019 08.08:14

[QUOTE=pagl;2230716]Kind off irrelevant as away form is poor on any kind of surface.[/QUOTE]

True but it’s worse on all weather pitches.

It would be interesting to see what our stats are on artificial pitches.

KT12 Exile 12th February 2019 13.40:51

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2230720]True but it’s worse on all weather pitches.

It would be interesting to see what our stats are on artificial pitches.[/QUOTE]

Because I'm slightly bored today, I had a look:

Overall away record is W5, D5, L5. 20 points.

On artificial surfaces (Bromley, Harrogate, Maidstone and Sutton), we've got W0, D2, L2. 0.5 points per game.

On grass surfaces, we've got W5, D3, L3. 1.63 points per game.

I don't think we have any games left to play on artificial surfaces, although someone might correct me there.

We've still played enough away games on grass without winning over the last 4 months for our away form to be a major concern though. I really hope we start winning on the road again soon because this league really is there for the taking. 88-90 points is likely to be enough for the title, which is pretty low really for a 46 game season.

I'm also not convinced that it's a weak league this season as some have suggested. I think it's just a case of there's a lot of evenly matched teams at the top hence no-one's running away with it. I've seen enough results to suggest the lowest teams aren't the pushovers they may have once been, Braintree's win over Salford at the weekend being a prime example.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.40:10.