RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Time for positivity - a rallying cry (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113416-time-positivity-rallying-cry.html)

Greasby Red 9th February 2019 20.39:22

Time for positivity - a rallying cry

All

We’ve got to move on from what’s tearing us all apart and eating us up inside.

Look at some of the latest headline threads on here..red passion is a disgrace...the leak...barrow dropped us in it...Jesus, we need some positivity. Bring back that thread which said if you believe you will champions then you will be champions. Kiwi Red, time to come back.

This is our best chance in years to get out of this hell hole of a league. Time to rally round. I’ve just been reading the Leyton Orient fans forum. They’ve given up and conceded the league to Solihull.

We’re better than that. This is ours to take. Bryan Hughes gave me some of the best days of my life as a Wrexham fan during that cup run in 1997.Bring in anyone you want from that era as your assistant- Karl Connolly, Andy Marriott, Barry Jones, Tony Humes - or get them in to talk to these players now about what this club can be.

They were winners. Bryan,you can make us winners again. We’re with you.

Come on comrades, rally round, remember who we are, we’re WREXHAM AFC.

Fourteen games to go...

wxm exile 9th February 2019 21.23:40

Re: Time for positivity - a rallying cry

[QUOTE=Greasby Red;2230079]All

Look at some of the latest headline threads on here..red passion is a disgrace...the leak...barrow dropped us in it...Jesus, we need some positivity. Bring back that thread which said if you believe you will champions then you will be champions. Kiwi Red, time to come back.

This is our best chance in years to get out of this hell hole of a league. Time to rally round. I’ve just been reading the Leyton Orient fans forum. They’ve given up and conceded the league to Solihull.

We’re better than that. This is ours to take. Bryan Hughes gave me some of the best days of my life as a Wrexham fan during that cup run in 1997.Bring in anyone you want from that era as your assistant- Karl Connolly, Andy Marriott, Barry Jones, Tony Humes - or get them in to talk to these players now about what this club can be.

Fourteen games to go...[/QUOTE]

This :hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

leftfoot 9th February 2019 21.24:49

Excellent post.

Nibs 9th February 2019 21.27:45

Here here. The board aren’t going anywhere, this is crystal clear. It has been an embarrassing few months....but wins changes things. Hope we can get our acts together and push on now in the last few weeks if the season!

Connahs_Quay_Red 9th February 2019 21.36:33

Win 10 of final 14 games, draw 2 and we go up.

We are so close

Mr Wonderful 9th February 2019 21.44:02

:20: Adversity - it can be a helluva motivator.....

dewi ogwen 9th February 2019 21.51:49

Best post I've read on here for some time. We all need to get behind the team.
Together Stronger !

Red Badger 9th February 2019 22.22:38

We are second in the league, we have a good defence, and a new manager who isn’t afraid to change things up and has played at the highest level. Let’s try and play our part in getting them over the line.

RedHead 9th February 2019 22.25:50

Bryan Hughes' Red and White Army
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

moynkeepthefaith 10th February 2019 05.15:56

Happy clapper here and while I of course agree that we must get behind the team I also believe that we must not move on from the many valid observations made this week but we can park them.
We can park our objections until May but communication must improve and certain structures/processes within the club for me need at least clarification.
It would be wrong to just bin the views of so many posters because things are improving (hopefully) on the pitch. In my opinion it is the same mistake as blaming the board for failures on the playing side when they have selected managers in good faith and things for whatever reason have not worked out.
So yes every time to backing the boys but this forum acts as a check and balance and I for one applaud that.

Alan Attack 10th February 2019 06.42:13

They’re seems to be an element of our support who bloody love all this quarrelling. It’s always been about what’s happening on the pitch. The funny thing is if Hamilton put money into the club instead of winding up the supporters, he might have got away with his antics.

I literally couldn’t care less about these issues in the boardroom. All it does is plays into the hands of those who are anti fan ownership.

On RP, there are a few vociferous suppprters but not willing to do anything about it.

If the unthinkable happens and we’re promoted, to think the same won’t happen in the future is very naive.

pagl 10th February 2019 06.49:29

Moyn. You know all the complaints have been about lack of transparency, secrecy and the bumbling of the managerial appointments.

Only results will wash away the bitter taste.
I havent seen an improvement on the pitch and the next few away games will show if the boards gamble has worked. And only promotion or a play off place will wash away this episode totally.

I think we are still carrying players in the team and I hope BH is brave enough to make changes or even bring in another player.

Colonel D 10th February 2019 06.54:40

Agree with your theme but as for Assistant or Coach this appointment is key.
We need an experienced appointment , because BH has proved nothing yet and we don’t want another ladder carrier.

pagl 10th February 2019 07.08:16

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2230138]Agree with your theme but as for Assistant or Coach this appointment is key.
We need an experienced appointment , because BH has proved nothing yet and we don’t want another ladder carrier.[/QUOTE]

Its full circle to Wilkin era when we got that wrong.
I would prefer someone with knowledge of this league or at least players at this level. IMO its vital as BH is a novice.

Can we still loan players now?

Ddraigoch 10th February 2019 07.18:09

Good on you Greasby Road for trying to bring people together.

Despite some of the ratings, I thought the 2nd half gave as much hope for the coming weeks than anything else.

People are only voiciferous because they care and thank God that they do!

COYR!

andywrex90 10th February 2019 07.42:17

We do have a real shot at going up even with our clear imcompetiencies ..

Our home form is super , no denying that , don’t remember a season ever where we have been so strong(also league is poor which helps).

I just feel we don’t have a plan B away from home. We will pick up enough points at home to at least get us into the play offs, but we seem to lack that quality up top which makes the difference especially away from home.. and if we concede first then it seems like it’s game over which puts quite a bit of pressure on the defense.

Can’t help but think this is such a big opportunity and I’m unsure if we will ever get as good as an opportunity to go up.. which I guess makes it even more frustrating with regards to the circus that the football club has become ..

That spell post NYD I believe will cost us the title and it was totally avoidable in my
Opinion...

Goal needs to be at least a home play off tie.

Vorporix 10th February 2019 07.46:06

Great post - one question - where is Greasby mate :)

krux 10th February 2019 07.53:33

Two wins in a row is great, and if we start doing the business away then there will be no stopping us.

Alan Attack 10th February 2019 08.11:53

[QUOTE=krux;2230155]Two wins in a row is great, and if we start doing the business away then there will be no stopping us.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

We have got to this position being poor on the road. Perhaps we should take a leaf out of the book of our opponents at the Racecourse, stifle teams and nick a 1-0.

krux 10th February 2019 08.19:02

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2230161]We have got to this position being poor on the road. Perhaps we should take a leaf out of the book of our opponents at the Racecourse, stifle teams and nick a 1-0.[/QUOTE]

You right. If we were decent on the road, we would be romping it.

I'd be delighted with nicking 1-0's

davewilli 10th February 2019 08.22:16

[QUOTE=pagl;2230135]Moyn. You know all the complaints have been about lack of transparency, secrecy and the bumbling of the managerial appointments.

Only results will wash away the bitter taste.
I havent seen an improvement on the pitch and the next few away games will show if the boards gamble has worked. And only promotion or a play off place will wash away this episode totally.

I think we are still carrying players in the team and I hope BH is brave enough to make changes or even bring in another player.[/QUOTE]

Pagl, I think you have mis-understood the thread, there are plenty of other threads to raise gripes or concerns. People cringe at #weareoneteam, but we need to be together now, what has gone has gone, we have a great opportunity, many didn't expect so we need to give it our all.

No one 'tutted' more than me, first half yesterday but the atmosphere was flat, the 64 from D&R making more noise. Credit to the grass roots kids they got some singing going and the team clicked and lifted the rest of us.

pjwales 10th February 2019 08.39:46

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2230153]Great post - one question - where is Greasby mate :)[/QUOTE]

Greasby is on the Wirral pennisula not far from the tramps

Vorporix 10th February 2019 08.50:34

[QUOTE=pjwales;2230168]Greasby is on the Wirral pennisula not far from the tramps[/QUOTE]

Thanks PJ

Prodigal Dragon 10th February 2019 08.56:00

Exactly. We have nothing to lose or fear by being positive and see we can improve further. Goals; goals; goals!

Our goal is promotion!:)

TaidTom 10th February 2019 08.59:35

[QUOTE=davewilli;2230165]Pagl, I think you have mis-understood the thread, there are plenty of other threads to raise gripes or concerns. People cringe at #weareoneteam, but we need to be together now, what has gone has gone, we have a great opportunity, many didn't expect so we need to give it our all.

No one 'tutted' more than me, first half yesterday but the atmosphere was flat, the 64 from D&R making more noise. Credit to the grass roots kids they got some singing going and the team clicked and lifted the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Most threads end up derailed.

If we can take the second half into the next few games, we've got a great chance of finally getting out of this league. There really isn't another team better than us.

pagl 10th February 2019 09.21:14

[QUOTE=davewilli;2230165]Pagl, I think you have mis-understood the thread, there are plenty of other threads to raise gripes or concerns. People cringe at #weareoneteam, but we need to be together now, what has gone has gone, we have a great opportunity, many didn't expect so we need to give it our all.

No one 'tutted' more than me, first half yesterday but the atmosphere was flat, the 64 from D&R making more noise. Credit to the grass roots kids they got some singing going and the team clicked and lifted the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

I was commenting on what Moyn had said. I understand the point and the positivity will come from results. This is now what matters the most.

Opinions have been divided and its been a week we all want to forget really.
First half atmosphere was as flat as the performance and mood in the stands.

Here is hoping the results now create this positivity. After all none of us want failure regardless of our opinions.

John Neals Dynasty 10th February 2019 10.58:10

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2230153]Great post - one question - where is Greasby mate :)[/QUOTE]

It's on the Wirral

Alan Attack 10th February 2019 11.23:47

With only 5 games left at home and 9 away, we really do need to sort ourselves out on the road. I suspect we’ll need to win half of our away games and most of the home games.

Home - Chesterfield, Maidstone, Braintree, Sutton, Harrogate

Away - H&W, Gateshead, Leyton Orient, Hartlepools, Ebbsfleet, Barnet, Halifax, Boreham Wood

Brinster 10th February 2019 11.37:48

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2230244]With only 5 games left at home and 9 away, we really do need to sort ourselves out on the road. I suspect we’ll need to win half of our away games and most of the home games.

Home - Chesterfield, Maidstone, Braintree, Sutton, Harrogate

Away - H&W, Gateshead, Leyton Orient, Hartlepools, Ebbsfleet, Barnet, Halifax, Boreham Wood[/QUOTE]

Alan, we also have Barrow at home making the split 6 home, 8 away.

fluffysheepsupporter 10th February 2019 11.49:50

Three pages of positivity . Wow! Probably because Foggy hasn't posted yet.

Hightown Brymbo Red 10th February 2019 11.50:56

90 points plus should win the league..So at least 31 points needed 10 wins and 1 draw out of 14 Tough but possible. And if we dont we still have the lottery of the play offs

Ugolini 10th February 2019 12.06:24

Well said. Time to rally around!

Ugolini 10th February 2019 12.10:01

:):):)

benwilliams 10th February 2019 12.43:50

I still think its highly unlikely we'll go up but agree with the OP why not be positive and get fully behind the lads and strap ourselves in for the last 14 games!

Inside Left 10th February 2019 12.51:26

i think this team could well take Wrexham up this season. The league is crammed with awful teams containing players who are not worth full time contracts.
Yesterday I was bored with what was on offer but it is possible that this team will at least make the playoffs.
Is that being positive enough ?

krux 10th February 2019 12.56:04

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2230253]90 points plus should win the league..So at least 31 points needed 10 wins and 1 draw out of 14 Tough but possible. And if we dont we still have the lottery of the play offs[/QUOTE]

I dont think we can win 10 games but we might win 8, and if we dint lose many of the ones we don't win, we could still have shout

Wirral Red 10th February 2019 15.07:08

Well done Greasby Red , in the unlikely event we don't go up as champions I'll arrange a bus to the play off final going West Kirby , Hoylake , Meols then picking you up in Greasby.

Cymro 10th February 2019 16.16:09

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2230253]90 points plus should win the league..So at least 31 points needed 10 wins and 1 draw out of 14 Tough but possible. And if we dont we still have the lottery of the play offs[/QUOTE]
Be more positive. If our target is difficult, how hard is it for the twenty-one teams behind us :)?

davewilli 10th February 2019 16.22:03

[QUOTE=pagl;2230184]I was commenting on what Moyn had said. I understand the point and the positivity will come from results. This is now what matters the most.

Opinions have been divided and its been a week we all want to forget really.
First half atmosphere was as flat as the performance and mood in the stands.

Here is hoping the results now create this positivity. After all none of us want failure regardless of our opinions.[/QUOTE]

True mate, we all want better and desperate for some success.

moynkeepthefaith 10th February 2019 17.08:44

Think you have both missed my point which is simply- yes support the team of course but do not let on pitch performance permenantly divert attention from the issues raised this week.
Btw the improvement yesterday had nothing to do with the crowd imo and everything to do with 2 willing workers replacing 2 pedestrians.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.57:17.