RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Akil Wright - almost amazing (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113420-akil-wright-almost-amazing.html)

John Neals Dynasty 10th February 2019 13.50:45

Re: Akil Wright - almost amazing

Whilst he couldn't hit a barn door with the misses being harder than scoring, he deserves credit for managing to miss. Fans were actually laughing at his misses.

But something must've of been said too him at halftime to push further forwards because he got in more scoring positions than any of our forwards have done in half a dozen games, maybe the first simple miss made him anxious infront of goal.

But it's his play overall that's poor, he can't make simple passes, can't beat a defender, and worse can't tackle without falling on his arse, he gives possession away numerous times although he isn't the only one guilty of it.

I can't get my head around why Oswell wasn't even in the squad if fit yesterday's game was a chance to sharpen up, have we paid and wasted more money on a dud?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

OneLoveWrexham 10th February 2019 15.24:30

Technically the worst player in the club, you can’t teach that.

Can’t read a game, you can’t teach that.

Can’t finish, you can teach that but not whilst under pressure in a game scenario.

Weak as piss, he can strengthen up but hasn’t got a aggressive bone in his body.

No one can argue these points but as the op says he is nearly amazing and destined for greatness so what do I know.

pagl 10th February 2019 15.46:33

If your auntie had balls she would be your uncle.
If Wright could shoot, pass, tackle he would be a midfielder.

Corner Flag 10th February 2019 15.48:57

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2230237]Hopefully Yozza can work on his finishing![/QUOTE]

You can't polish a turd unfortunately. Wright tries had but if the skill is not there I doubt it ever will now but heh what do I know .

Colomiers Phoenix 10th February 2019 16.07:27

didn' need much polishing back in August, he won NL player of the month

OneLoveWrexham 10th February 2019 16.17:31

[QUOTE=Colomiers Phoenix;2230303]didn' need much polishing back in August, he won NL player of the month[/QUOTE]
The most bizarre player of the month I have seen at this level

Congy Red 10th February 2019 16.55:17

[QUOTE=pagl;2230294]If your auntie had balls she would be your uncle.
If Wright could shoot, pass, tackle he would be a midfielder.[/QUOTE]

How have we got to two points off the top with such an alleged black hole in midfield? If my Auntie had balls she'd still have a more accurate opinion of Wright than you.

LWR 10th February 2019 16.58:21

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2230288]Technically the worst player in the club, you can’t teach that.

Can’t read a game, you can’t teach that.

Can’t finish, you can teach that but not whilst under pressure in a game scenario.

Weak as piss, he can strengthen up but hasn’t got a aggressive bone in his body.

[B]No one can argue these points[/B] but as the op says he is nearly amazing and destined for greatness so what do I know.[/QUOTE]

I can.

I 'd say your wrong at every junction. Not for the first time like.

woodoser 10th February 2019 17.08:36

[QUOTE=ABd;2230243]Can't afford to be working on basics like that at this stage of the season.

As I said in the other thread, play Walker further forward and Summerfield/Carra in Wrights role.[/QUOTE]

Good point, however,young pushes us forward and was my man of the match Saturday. I’m not a fan of a defensive midfielder because it becomes 5 playing at the back with walker to deep resulting in us moving the ball forward to slowly (my worry about walker was when he was more forward when he first arrived he was always taken off after 60 minutes.)

Midfield
young
centre mid summerfield & walker ( Rutherford for walker )
tollitt

Attack Oswell & Beavon (at home) he’s crap away from home

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.12:22.