RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Akil Wright - almost amazing (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113420-akil-wright-almost-amazing.html)

Lods 10th February 2019 16.36:57

Re: Akil Wright - almost amazing

Usually goals are what seperates the good from the great. Another good example of this is Rutherford. If he got 10 a season he'd have not been in non-league for the majority of his career.

Akil Wright does get in good positions as a late runner from midfield however he loses his head at the crucial moment. I'd hope the composure comes with age but if I was Bryan Hughes I'd have him practicing his finishing as often as possible.

OneLoveWrexham 10th February 2019 16.37:51

[QUOTE=LWR;2230313]I can.

I 'd say your wrong at every junction. Not for the first time like.[/QUOTE]
Argue the points then? ;)

Cress 10th February 2019 17.14:52

Maybe if we play Wright up front and a striker in Wright's position we might start scoring. Just call me the special one :P

pagl 10th February 2019 17.21:20

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2230312]How have we got to two points off the top with such an alleged black hole in midfield? If my Auntie had balls she'd still have a more accurate opinion of Wright than you.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. How many goals has he scored?

Its not the form of Wright that has got us here. I think mine is far more accurate than yours.

Funny_Old_Game 10th February 2019 17.29:47

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2230320]Argue the points then? ;)[/QUOTE]

He clearly can’t.

billybersham 10th February 2019 17.30:14

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2230233]A common view, but not everybody's view is that Akil Wright is not worthy of a place in the side.

Looking back at the time I've watched Wrexham (from 1976) I can't think of a central midfielder who got so many clear cut chances per game. (Scott Green? Brian Hughes?) Wright must average 3/4 chances per game. If he put one away per game he'd be our top scorer and would probably have gone in the transfer window.

What's amazing is I could actually see him going on a scoring run. His fluffs are bad, meaning if his fluffs were slightly less bad, or lucky he actually could score a goal a game!![/QUOTE]

Another midfielder who scored many goals Steve charles

pjwales 10th February 2019 22.19:46

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2230334]He clearly can’t.[/QUOTE]

Heres the guy who posted on the LMThread when Beavon and Rutherford came on
Haha those subs. No goals for us today then, confirmed.

pagl 11th February 2019 06.21:35

[QUOTE=pjwales;2230427]Heres the guy who posted on the LMThread when Beavon and Rutherford came on
Haha those subs. No goals for us today then, confirmed.
[/QUOTE]

Logic based on probability though.
Our last 2 goals have been because Young attacked the back post.
Rutherford came on wide right and he should be doing that.

Jaded 11th February 2019 08.09:42

[QUOTE=pagl;2230449]Logic based on probability though.
Our last 2 goals have been because Young attacked the back post.
Rutherford came on wide right and he should be doing that.[/QUOTE]

Suggesting that a substitution confirms there’ll be no goals in a game DEFINITELY isn’t logical!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.06:12.