RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Akil Wright - almost amazing (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113420-akil-wright-almost-amazing.html)

pagl 11th February 2019 08.32:05

Re: Akil Wright - almost amazing

[QUOTE=Jaded;2230466]Suggesting that a substitution confirms there’ll be no goals in a game DEFINITELY isn’t logical![/QUOTE]

Based on their goal scoring record is though. He got it wrong though :)

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2019 08.55:32

[QUOTE=pjwales;2230427]Heres the guy who posted on the LMThread when Beavon and Rutherford came on
Haha those subs. No goals for us today then, confirmed.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Can't think why

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2019 09.13:32

Its not just his misses on Saturday, he missed a fair few chances in other games too. The only positive is he's these getting chances but sadly he looks unlikely to ever take them.

Aside from his lack of finishing for me too many games pass him by and you forget he's even playing.

pagl 11th February 2019 09.18:26

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2230482]Its not just his misses on Saturday, he missed a fair few chances in other games too. The only positive is he's these getting chances but sadly he looks unlikely to ever take them.

Aside from his lack of finishing for me too many games pass him by and you forget he's even playing.[/QUOTE]

Look at the highlights.

Weak in the tackle, poor positioning and too often the wrong side of the players, woeful finishing.

Has the energy to play box to box but sadly not the ability.

GarryOggy 11th February 2019 11.51:06

Luke Young should have buried the chance he had that resulted in Wright missing moments later.

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 11th February 2019 12.05:32

[QUOTE=ABd;2230243]Can't afford to be working on basics like that at this stage of the season.

As I said in the other thread, play Walker further forward and Summerfield/Carra in Wrights role.[/QUOTE]

If Carra plays anywhere else other than full back we will not make a promotion push.

Wrexy 11th February 2019 12.36:58

Worth putting Akil in front of BBC iplayer to watch Shearer's comments on Harvey Barnes of Leicester on MOTD 2 last night.

KingBuxton_Forever red 11th February 2019 13.11:22

I would have Wright as a squad player but I wouldnt start him. I am not sure what he does, always had him down as holding midfield but he gets played further forward. Poor in front of goal though, so no clue.

I dont really like thread slating a player as much as this. I always think they can be more constructive.

krux 11th February 2019 13.13:29

I quite like Wright. I understand the points about his ability on the ball and composure in front of goal, however for me he is necessary muscle in the middle of the park that helps us compete with brute teams.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.42:36.