RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Akil Wright - almost amazing (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113420-akil-wright-almost-amazing.html)

Prodigal Dragon 12th February 2019 13.54:55

Re: Akil Wright - almost amazing

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2230797]It just gets worse.

"Lost in his natural position yet he wouldn't be out wide"

Genius![/QUOTE]

If BH decides to play him wide right, we'll be able to judge him better; plus we'll see if I can possibly match your IQ!;)

KingBuxton_Forever red 12th February 2019 14.08:41

Why dont we just play out wingers out wide.

WhiteKSE 12th February 2019 14.30:42

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2230796]LOL - oh my sides. He's been keeping that in his locker since he arrived here then.[/QUOTE]

He certainly isn't a winger, but several times this season Wright has picked the ball up deep and driven up the field beating a player. He is capable of it for sure.

louisleftboot 12th February 2019 14.52:05

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2230782]If there's one thing he can do, it's to drive forward and skin a player. He played well on the wing on loan at Barrow apparently.[/QUOTE]

:huh2::huh2:

Phils-an-alki 12th February 2019 14.52:25

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2230807]Why dont we just play out wingers out wide.[/QUOTE]

It'll never catch on.
Much better to put a player there out of position, because we've had great success of doing this previously.

ABd 12th February 2019 15.04:12

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2230815]It'll never catch on.
Much better to put a player there out of position, because we've had great success of doing this previously.[/QUOTE]

Wrexham out-of-position XI:

Carrington

Rutherford Walker Roberts Deverdics

Wright Lawlor Holroyd Beavon

Jennings Pearson

Phils-an-alki 12th February 2019 15.07:24

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2230805]If BH decides to play him wide right, we'll be able to judge him better; plus we'll see if I can possibly match your IQ!;)[/QUOTE]

I think you may need a nanna nap PD, you're coming out with some real head scratchers today.

Should BH play him wide right in a 442 then I don't see how we are able to "judge him better" seeing as he's a CM and he'd be playing out of position.

As for matching my IQ, well for me it doesn't need much thinking or logic on this subject to know that playing players out of position rarely works. The last 10 years or so must have passed you by.

Add to that I've watched Akil play for a few seasons now and never have I or anyone around me at games said "Wright needs to be played wide to fulfil his potential" or "Why is Keates/Ricketts/Barrow playing Wright out of position in CM".

P.s. Those three managers never once did as you propose either, so they must have an IQ similar to mine.

Phils-an-alki 12th February 2019 15.11:47

[QUOTE=ABd;2230817]Wrexham out-of-position XI:

Carrington

Rutherford Walker Roberts Deverdics

Wright Lawlor Holroyd Beavon

Jennings Pearson[/QUOTE]

GK - Rutherford

RB - Beavon
CB - Grant
CB - Deverdics
LB - Fondop

RM - Akil Ronaldo
CM - Carrington
CM - Lainton
LM - Lawlor

CF - Pearson
CF - Dibble

Funny_Old_Game 12th February 2019 15.19:26

Looks like one of PD’s famous mental lineups. He’s known for thinking players can play anywhere.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.11:11.