RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Akil Wright - almost amazing (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113420-akil-wright-almost-amazing.html)

Congy Red 10th February 2019 12.09:13

Akil Wright - almost amazing

A common view, but not everybody's view is that Akil Wright is not worthy of a place in the side.

Looking back at the time I've watched Wrexham (from 1976) I can't think of a central midfielder who got so many clear cut chances per game. (Scott Green? Brian Hughes?) Wright must average 3/4 chances per game. If he put one away per game he'd be our top scorer and would probably have gone in the transfer window.

What's amazing is I could actually see him going on a scoring run. His fluffs are bad, meaning if his fluffs were slightly less bad, or lucky he actually could score a goal a game!!

Alan Attack 10th February 2019 12.14:10

Re: Akil Wright - almost amazing

Hopefully Yozza can work on his finishing!

ABd 10th February 2019 12.18:01

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2230237]Hopefully Yozza can work on his finishing![/QUOTE]

Can't afford to be working on basics like that at this stage of the season.

As I said in the other thread, play Walker further forward and Summerfield/Carra in Wrights role.

Gaz Wxm 10th February 2019 12.44:08

to be fair to him he gets in the positions where he has the opportunity to have a go which is better than the rest of the midfield. He rushes and snatches at the ball though just needs to take a breath and think about it....which may come with maturity

LWR 10th February 2019 12.49:29

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2230249][B]to be fair to him he gets in the positions where he has the opportunity to have a go which is better than the rest of the midfield.[/B] He rushes and snatches at the ball though just needs to take a breath and think about it....which may come with maturity[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I think alot of it is a confidence thing. If he got a couple he would be off.

pagl 10th February 2019 12.49:40

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2230233]A common view, but not everybody's view is that Akil Wright is not worthy of a place in the side.

Looking back at the time I've watched Wrexham (from 1976) I can't think of a central midfielder who got so many clear cut chances per game. (Scott Green? Brian Hughes?) Wright must average 3/4 chances per game. If he put one away per game he'd be our top scorer and would probably have gone in the transfer window.

What's amazing is I could actually see him going on a scoring run. His fluffs are bad, meaning if his fluffs were slightly less bad, or lucky he actually could score a goal a game!![/QUOTE]

Quite funny.
He couldn't hit a barn door. Unless he puts in the practice it will not change.

Funny_Old_Game 10th February 2019 13.25:35

He canít shoot and he canít head the ball. He has a 50p head. His goal against Salford just looked weird.

dixienormous 10th February 2019 13.28:34

He's one of the worst players I've ever seen in front of goal.

Outertowner 10th February 2019 13.50:01

He simply lacks composure in front of goal. There were a few misses yesterday but the open goal miss was criminal. He had time, the ball dropped for him good enough but he completely fluffed it.
Could be a confidence thing and if he gets the luck to get him a few goals it may calm him down in front of goal.

John Neals Dynasty 10th February 2019 13.50:45

Whilst he couldn't hit a barn door with the misses being harder than scoring, he deserves credit for managing to miss. Fans were actually laughing at his misses.

But something must've of been said too him at halftime to push further forwards because he got in more scoring positions than any of our forwards have done in half a dozen games, maybe the first simple miss made him anxious infront of goal.

But it's his play overall that's poor, he can't make simple passes, can't beat a defender, and worse can't tackle without falling on his arse, he gives possession away numerous times although he isn't the only one guilty of it.

I can't get my head around why Oswell wasn't even in the squad if fit yesterday's game was a chance to sharpen up, have we paid and wasted more money on a dud?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

OneLoveWrexham 10th February 2019 15.24:30

Technically the worst player in the club, you can’t teach that.

Can’t read a game, you can’t teach that.

Can’t finish, you can teach that but not whilst under pressure in a game scenario.

Weak as piss, he can strengthen up but hasn’t got a aggressive bone in his body.

No one can argue these points but as the op says he is nearly amazing and destined for greatness so what do I know.

pagl 10th February 2019 15.46:33

If your auntie had balls she would be your uncle.
If Wright could shoot, pass, tackle he would be a midfielder.

Corner Flag 10th February 2019 15.48:57

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2230237]Hopefully Yozza can work on his finishing![/QUOTE]

You can't polish a turd unfortunately. Wright tries had but if the skill is not there I doubt it ever will now but heh what do I know .

Colomiers Phoenix 10th February 2019 16.07:27

didn' need much polishing back in August, he won NL player of the month

OneLoveWrexham 10th February 2019 16.17:31

[QUOTE=Colomiers Phoenix;2230303]didn' need much polishing back in August, he won NL player of the month[/QUOTE]
The most bizarre player of the month I have seen at this level

Congy Red 10th February 2019 16.55:17

[QUOTE=pagl;2230294]If your auntie had balls she would be your uncle.
If Wright could shoot, pass, tackle he would be a midfielder.[/QUOTE]

How have we got to two points off the top with such an alleged black hole in midfield? If my Auntie had balls she'd still have a more accurate opinion of Wright than you.

LWR 10th February 2019 16.58:21

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2230288]Technically the worst player in the club, you canít teach that.

Canít read a game, you canít teach that.

Canít finish, you can teach that but not whilst under pressure in a game scenario.

Weak as piss, he can strengthen up but hasnít got a aggressive bone in his body.

[B]No one can argue these points[/B] but as the op says he is nearly amazing and destined for greatness so what do I know.[/QUOTE]

I can.

I 'd say your wrong at every junction. Not for the first time like.

woodoser 10th February 2019 17.08:36

[QUOTE=ABd;2230243]Can't afford to be working on basics like that at this stage of the season.

As I said in the other thread, play Walker further forward and Summerfield/Carra in Wrights role.[/QUOTE]

Good point, however,young pushes us forward and was my man of the match Saturday. Iím not a fan of a defensive midfielder because it becomes 5 playing at the back with walker to deep resulting in us moving the ball forward to slowly (my worry about walker was when he was more forward when he first arrived he was always taken off after 60 minutes.)

Midfield
young
centre mid summerfield & walker ( Rutherford for walker )
tollitt

Attack Oswell & Beavon (at home) heís crap away from home

Lods 10th February 2019 17.36:57

Usually goals are what seperates the good from the great. Another good example of this is Rutherford. If he got 10 a season he'd have not been in non-league for the majority of his career.

Akil Wright does get in good positions as a late runner from midfield however he loses his head at the crucial moment. I'd hope the composure comes with age but if I was Bryan Hughes I'd have him practicing his finishing as often as possible.

OneLoveWrexham 10th February 2019 17.37:51

[QUOTE=LWR;2230313]I can.

I 'd say your wrong at every junction. Not for the first time like.[/QUOTE]
Argue the points then? ;)

Cress 10th February 2019 18.14:52

Maybe if we play Wright up front and a striker in Wright's position we might start scoring. Just call me the special one :P

pagl 10th February 2019 18.21:20

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2230312]How have we got to two points off the top with such an alleged black hole in midfield? If my Auntie had balls she'd still have a more accurate opinion of Wright than you.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. How many goals has he scored?

Its not the form of Wright that has got us here. I think mine is far more accurate than yours.

Funny_Old_Game 10th February 2019 18.29:47

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2230320]Argue the points then? ;)[/QUOTE]

He clearly canít.

billybersham 10th February 2019 18.30:14

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2230233]A common view, but not everybody's view is that Akil Wright is not worthy of a place in the side.

What's amazing is I could actually see him going on a scoring run. His fluffs are bad, meaning if his fluffs were slightly less bad, or lucky he actually could score a goal a game!![/QUOTE]

Another midfielder who scored many goals Steve charles

pjwales 10th February 2019 23.19:46

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2230334]He clearly can’t.[/QUOTE]

Heres the guy who posted on the LMThread when Beavon and Rutherford came on
Haha those subs. No goals for us today then, confirmed.

pagl 11th February 2019 07.21:35

[QUOTE=pjwales;2230427]Heres the guy who posted on the LMThread when Beavon and Rutherford came on
Haha those subs. No goals for us today then, confirmed.
[/QUOTE]

Logic based on probability though.
Our last 2 goals have been because Young attacked the back post.
Rutherford came on wide right and he should be doing that.

Jaded 11th February 2019 09.09:42

[QUOTE=pagl;2230449]Logic based on probability though.
Our last 2 goals have been because Young attacked the back post.
Rutherford came on wide right and he should be doing that.[/QUOTE]

Suggesting that a substitution confirms thereíll be no goals in a game DEFINITELY isnít logical!

pagl 11th February 2019 09.32:05

[QUOTE=Jaded;2230466]Suggesting that a substitution confirms thereíll be no goals in a game DEFINITELY isnít logical![/QUOTE]

Based on their goal scoring record is though. He got it wrong though :)

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2019 09.55:32

[QUOTE=pjwales;2230427]Heres the guy who posted on the LMThread when Beavon and Rutherford came on
Haha those subs. No goals for us today then, confirmed.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Can't think why

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2019 10.13:32

Its not just his misses on Saturday, he missed a fair few chances in other games too. The only positive is he's these getting chances but sadly he looks unlikely to ever take them.

Aside from his lack of finishing for me too many games pass him by and you forget he's even playing.

pagl 11th February 2019 10.18:26

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2230482]Its not just his misses on Saturday, he missed a fair few chances in other games too. The only positive is he's these getting chances but sadly he looks unlikely to ever take them.

Aside from his lack of finishing for me too many games pass him by and you forget he's even playing.[/QUOTE]

Look at the highlights.

Weak in the tackle, poor positioning and too often the wrong side of the players, woeful finishing.

Has the energy to play box to box but sadly not the ability.

GarryOggy 11th February 2019 12.51:06

Luke Young should have buried the chance he had that resulted in Wright missing moments later.

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 11th February 2019 13.05:32

[QUOTE=ABd;2230243]Can't afford to be working on basics like that at this stage of the season.

As I said in the other thread, play Walker further forward and Summerfield/Carra in Wrights role.[/QUOTE]

If Carra plays anywhere else other than full back we will not make a promotion push.

Wrexy 11th February 2019 13.36:58

Worth putting Akil in front of BBC iplayer to watch Shearer's comments on Harvey Barnes of Leicester on MOTD 2 last night.

KingBuxton_Forever red 11th February 2019 14.11:22

I would have Wright as a squad player but I wouldnt start him. I am not sure what he does, always had him down as holding midfield but he gets played further forward. Poor in front of goal though, so no clue.

I dont really like thread slating a player as much as this. I always think they can be more constructive.

krux 11th February 2019 14.13:29

I quite like Wright. I understand the points about his ability on the ball and composure in front of goal, however for me he is necessary muscle in the middle of the park that helps us compete with brute teams.

Corner Flag 11th February 2019 14.16:23

[QUOTE=krux;2230568]I quite like Wright. I understand the points about his ability on the ball and composure in front of goal, however for me he is necessary muscle in the middle of the park that helps us compete with brute teams.[/QUOTE]

Didnt you see him play on Saturday ? my mum could have beaten him as nearly every oppostion player did

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2019 14.17:58

[QUOTE=krux;2230568]I quite like Wright. I understand the points about his ability on the ball and composure in front of goal, however for me he is necessary muscle in the middle of the park that helps us compete with brute teams.[/QUOTE]

Ability on the ball is quite important for a footballer.

Muscle? Much of the game passes him by so that's irrelevant.

krux 11th February 2019 14.23:42

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2230570]Ability on the ball is quite important for a footballer.

Muscle? Much of the game passes him by so that's irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

Thats what Brad Walker and Luke Young are there for.

If we can bring in an Akil Wright who can play then fair enough, but I think a Walker-Wright-Young midfield, would be better than a Walker-Carrington-Young, say, midfield.

bowler 11th February 2019 14.27:39

This is ridiculous Wright. Is not the man to drive us forward in midfield and the original poster doesn't know football or is blind to the obvious not good enough lacks football knowledge and hopefully Brian who was brilliant by the way will sideline him and get Summerfield back who does at least go forward and not sideways or back.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.22:07.