Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th February 2019, 16.45:55   #91-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
I haven't said calling fans scum is fine, have I?

Make no bones about it, this club was saved by a handful of supporters. Think what you like about them, but flippantly ignore what they have to say at your peril.
No nor did I imply you had, yet you called for people to show them respect yet they don't show that respect either.

If I ignored what they say I wouldn't be on this thread.

Just because they were instrumental in saving the club over 13 years ago does not make what they say now as gospel.

I used to listen to Lyndsay and had much time for what he said, sadly now he seems so bitter and twisted he spends much of his time on FB patronising other Wrexham fans and pi$$ taking with his constant stream of sarcasm.

Also, what do JCP actually know about this really? They just put together a scenario of what might happen, for balance there are many other outcomes that aren't all bad.
Old 11th February 2019, 17.12:24   #92-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
Still happy with my assessment. Are you still happy with Moss’s legacy?
I am not quite sure what your trying to say. Where have I said I am happy with Moss or his legacy? You just make things up.

I can work out now from your ever increasing comments that you are part of the old school distrust gang and very defensive over any comments made towards the trust, board and any member thereof.

Your typical and part of the problem of why this club cannot move forward.

As soon as you are shown for the irony of your posts you shutdown, you have no opinion and just stalk the posts of others. What a numpty.
Old 11th February 2019, 17.30:40   #93-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Take away the still lingering paranoia that still exists with some and look at other clubs up and down the country, majority privately owned and majority have sound ownership as far as we know. Majority of clubs are not owned by supporters trust and are doing just fine. This picture that some paint of private ownership = doom isn't the reality in the main.

Its narrow minded attitudes that try to shut down conversation's about this instantly, lump all people that may want to buy or own a football club as good for nothing crooks etc that will hold the club back.

No one is saying sell to the first sweet talking crook that comes along either, or saying if Hamilton rocked back up anyone would give him the time of day. I mean that's just absurd. Just as absurd as being so paranoid and narrow minded to the idea of alternatives forms of ownership.

Under fan ownership we've hardly been ripping through the leagues have we?

Judge it on the field and its pretty poor and damning.
At what point does this count with some fans?
Particularly at the level we find ourselves, I wonder what's in it for anyone who wishes to contribute to the Success or lack of at Wrexham.
Most clubs are running at a significant loss week on week and have to be bailed out by benevolent owners. all well and good until the benevolent bit disappears. The club is owned and has a value in most cases relevant to the sum the owner has "Invested" There is little or no return apart from the kudos of promotion or cup heroics. A new owner then has to buy the club and it's debts. It works for some but fails others.
On that basis, I see no reason why a wealthy person or Consortium would not work with the existing Fans to further develop the club. by gifting their spare £200k or £300K for a place on the Executive.

Last edited by Quay Red; 11th February 2019 at 17.32:48..
Old 11th February 2019, 17.35:26   #94-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
He wasn't the first to mention it, but was asked about it.

Was the leak that they existed from the mysterious consortium wherever they are, or from closer to the club?
No idea but (and I'm not sticking up for the Board) is there any kind of rumour/evidence to even suggest it was closer to home?
My gripe is that half baked rumours pop up and these then cause a lot of toxicity turning fans against fans.
Last week being a classic with this consortium rumour and then the Joey rumour about being told to go by a board member.
The task in hand is difficult enough as it is without the effort of some to almost deliberately destabilise the fan base.
Sometimes it pays to step back from the keyboard and let the full story emerge in my opinion.
Old 11th February 2019, 18.00:11   #95-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: The Kop...I wish!

People's ability to read may not be in question. But their ability to comprehend what is actually written most definitely should be.
This isn't scare mongering, but more a cautionary tale, made up of events that have actually happened at Wrexham during the last two regimes.

Nobody (not that I have read) is saying that outside investment is a bad thing and should be rejected at all costs. However, "Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."
Old 11th February 2019, 18.18:36   #96-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

The club is not up for sale thankfully, we would be mad to consider losing a controlling interest in the club, if someone wants to invest without taking full control then fine but until that time comes its all just hot air and has been going on since the fans took over the running of the club.
Old 11th February 2019, 18.20:54   #97-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda23 View Post
The club is not up for sale thankfully, we would be mad to consider losing a controlling interest in the club, if someone wants to invest without taking full control then fine but until that time comes its all just hot air and has been going on since the fans took over the running of the club.
Why would someone put money in without control?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th February 2019, 18.21:48   #98-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Can’t imagine why anyone would invest for a minority share. Would be very generous.
Old 11th February 2019, 18.25:35   #99-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Why would someone put money in without control?
Posted via mobile theme
Good PR or a genuine love for the club?

It could be a win/win for an individual or organisation. The potential for the upsides of being linked to a successful football club, without the numerous downsides and hassle of actually owning it.

The guy at Chester is putting in £1 million but not asking for ownership of the club in return.
Old 11th February 2019, 18.42:16   #100-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I am not quite sure what your trying to say. Where have I said I am happy with Moss or his legacy? You just make things up.

I can work out now from your ever increasing comments that you are part of the old school distrust gang and very defensive over any comments made towards the trust, board and any member thereof.

Your typical and part of the problem of why this club cannot move forward.

As soon as you are shown for the irony of your posts you shutdown, you have no opinion and just stalk the posts of others. What a numpty.

The total extent of your debate on this subject has been to dismiss the JCP’s post as paranoia, and anyone who agrees with their point of view as being paranoid.
Sorry, let’s give you credit for resorting to personal insults against someone who disagrees with your views.

If you read back through this thread you will notice that I have responded to numerous posters, indeed debated with them, or attempted to. My spelling has also improved as a result, thanks to Baggar.
At no point have I said that we should dismiss any approach out of hand, but neither should we underestimate the depths to which some people are prepared to stoop (and have stooped) to make money at the Clubs expense. That is the thrust of the JCP message......reminding people of what’s been done to us in the past.

If you want to add to the debate by suggesting to those of us with paranoia how we might be able to spot the difference between a ‘White Knight’ bidder and a ‘Black Knave’, that would be helpful.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.31:11.