Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th February 2019, 17.51:36   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Redrobinman's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Reproduced with the consent of JCP. For debate.......it’s necessarily a bit lengthy.

We are apparently being stalked by a consortium/individual looking to buy the club. But people are puzzled about their motivation. The consensus being that we are asset free and there is nothing to actually invest in.

Okay lets deal with the first possibility. They are genuine football fans who want to take on the club and move it forward.However we dont have a great heritage in that respect and the fact that the latest White Knights are refusing to reveal their identities already has the alarm bells ringing.

So lets move on and see what is in it for our new “saviours”.

Well firstly you can have the club for free. Thats right, Wrexham AFC is available for zero outlay. There is no debt and the club is profitable.

The club is also owned by the fans who only want the best for it. What are they going to do with the £1m you might pay for the club ? (We stuck a figure of £1m in but its just a guess so use any figure you like)

Why would a Supporters Trust need £1m ?

Correct. They dont need any money at all.

So they will give you your money back to “invest” in the club. Well done. You have picked up a profitable football club for nothing.

What you then do with that cash is up to you. In fact the fans will insist on it. Not doing so would be anti club and we all want the club to do well dont we ?

It gets better. You will also get whatever money is on the clubs account. Danny Ward, tv cash and so on. Must be at least £1m in there. Its all yours.

Fantastic !!

To gain the backing of the crowd you just need to act like a “football man” and witter on about 5 year plans,youth development and utilising the ground 7 days a week. The fans will lap it up. You should also talk about developing the Kop and how tough it is to deal with the Welsh Assembly. That always gets a cheer.

So the Club is doing well financially and is the best run club in the lower leagues. Its looking good.

Ok, so now we have control of the club and its time to start maximising your income.

Firstly you appoint yourself as Chief Exec.This is important.

You need to be in control and you can pay yourself a six figure sum every year for the hassle involved. There is also the fact that if you have to pay someone else to do the job it will cut into the cash that you can cream off.

Obviously you dont want to be there every day so you might appoint a General Manager/Secretary to ensure that people are not robbing you whilst you are robbing the club. An old mate or family member will do this for you for a few quid.

In line with this you need to sack anyone at the club who can count. They wont be needed on this journey.Call it “increasing the playing budget” and folk will clap like seals because this is the act of a “real football man”.

TOP TIP - Dont forget to set yourself up in the clubs pension scheme because you get tax credits on that shit. You probably need some health insurance as well. You are the most important person at the club and need to take care of yourself.

You would also ask the volunteer fans to stay on and work for nothing. That way you can bond with the club whilst saving on wages. They will also provide a handy human shield. Winning !!

Lets move on to the next stage.

Your companies can provide all sorts of services to the club and charge the club accordingly. Financial ,recruitment, legal,catering, concerts and so on. All can drain money out of the club to your benefit.Its all legal and its been done before at Wrexham.

Set up some bogus companies and watch the cash flow in. If you are at both ends of the deal you should be able to ensure that it works out well for you. If you cant organise it then what are you doing here ?

You can also use the club to promote your other interests. Nothing says big dick like owning a football club.

“Be my guest at the match next week. We can chat over lunch.”

You are really doing an amazing job and are now sitting pretty. But you are still missing the big pay day that will ensure Wrexham AFC has a special place in your heart.
You need to underwrite money you havent put in and the effort you havent made.

So what you need to do now is approach Glyndwr with an offer to buy the freehold of the ground. The thing is that you want to build a new Kop and the bank needs more security than you can offer . Ownership of the freehold provides that. What do you think ? Gimme,gimme ,gimme………………….

Glyndwr might need a few bob to agree to this but thats not a problem and you can offset that anyway.

In fact it neednt cost you anything as the club will pick up the tab.Get a mortgage and the bank will bear the risk if things go wrong. It isnt your problem so dont worry about it.

In fact if you are super lucky you may actually get funding for a new Kop anyway and pick up some extra income from Tesco Express or Costa. AMAZING !!!

So now you own the club and ground. You can pay yourself a decent wedge and you have an asset backed investment to keep you warm if that football thing doesnt pay off.

You are also living for free. Your car, your phone and so on are all paid for by the club. When you take your Secretary for a shag fest in the Med then the club will also cover that because you are “looking at players”.

Supporting you will be 5000 fans who are grateful that you have delivered them from the horrors of fan ownership. Honesty,transparency and all those negative things.

But all this “club saving” can be very tiring. You must be worn out. Maybe you have taken the club as far as you can ? Results have been poor and you are being crucified on social media.

Maybe its time to cash in your chips and sell the land you now own to a developer ? Sorry we meant football consortium.

A big cheque,a slice of any development and maybe a nice little consultancy would be appropriate.

Havent you done well ?

We have probably missed a thousand and one dodges but you get the point. If you think we are asset free think again. We are now a highly attractive proposition and need to tread carefully.
Old 10th February 2019, 18.06:14   #2-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Real Name: Me
Twitter: @





Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Because everyone that wants to invest/own a football club is a Hamilton, Gutterman or Moss type.

Scaremongering the impressionable masses.
Old 10th February 2019, 18.10:23   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
moynkeepthefaith's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal welsh red View Post
Because everyone that wants to invest/own a football club is a Hamilton, Gutterman or Moss type.

Scaremongering the impressionable masses.
Well I have to be honest - I got scared enough by Hamilton to say never again.
Old 10th February 2019, 18.25:26   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Well I have to be honest - I got scared enough by Hamilton to say never again.
So what about the chairmen at clubs like Solihull,Eastleigh,Afc flyde and Harrogate who over a couple of years have put in millions,what is the reason for doing so?
Old 10th February 2019, 18.27:53   #5-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Now thats a scaremongering, rumour laden and unsubstantiated detail account of a consortium takeover.

Considering no talks have taken place and JCP isnt the board.
Old 10th February 2019, 18.27:58   #6-0 (permalink)
ABd
Cult Hero
 
ABd's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Are the ‘JCP’ frequently this patronising to their fellow fans?
Old 10th February 2019, 18.28:36   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
moynkeepthefaith's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
So what about the chairmen at clubs like Solihull,Eastleigh,Afc flyde and Harrogate who over a couple of years have put in millions,what is the reason for doing so?
Your point does not alter mine - I simply said my opinion and that will not change. Does not have to apply to others.
Old 10th February 2019, 18.36:55   #8-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
sparky's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Real Name: It's not rocket science
Twitter: @





Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
Are the ‘JCP’ frequently this patronising to their fellow fans?
Aye, sometimes they go one better and call some of them scum.
__________________
There are no tools you can use out there. You've just got to go with what you have in your pants.
Old 10th February 2019, 18.40:01   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Vorporix's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Well I have to be honest - I got scared enough by Hamilton to say never again.
Amen brother - they would have to have shed loads of cash and come up with a plausible reason for wanting the club
Old 10th February 2019, 18.40:20   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Redrobinman's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The JCP view of the ‘Consortium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
So what about the chairmen at clubs like Solihull,Eastleigh,Afc flyde and Harrogate who over a couple of years have put in millions,what is the reason for doing so?
I think the main difference is that we are fan owned the fans aren’t looking to make a profit from a sale of the Club. Let’s just suppose the Trust sold out to a consortium........how would the cash be divvied out to the owners (fans)? Surely they’d be happy to see it reinvested into the Football Club.....

In the case of the Clubs you mention, I would guess that the money invested is by way of loans (I haven’t checked). If they are loans and if they get promoted to the FL there would be significant revenue incoming to the Club. That would make them an attractive asset to purchase from the original ‘sugardaddy’, who would want his original investment and more, returned upon sale. Or he might want to see repayment of his loans at an inopportune time without the Club having the wherewithall to do so.

Or indeed, he may not want sell, and carry on. Who can tell?

Last edited by Redrobinman; 10th February 2019 at 18.43:35..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.30:14.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13