RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Defibrillator at Maesgwyn (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113431-defibrillator-maesgwyn.html)

redvanman 12th February 2019 19.35:17

Defibrillator at Maesgwyn

There is now a defibrillator mounted on the outside wall of Maesgwyn Hall.
I would think that it is the nearest to the Cae Ras.
Let's hope it is never needed.[U][/U]

RED2309 12th February 2019 19.47:25

Re: Defibrillator at Maesgwyn

Is their not one in the First Aid room in the MRS concourse.

If not shouldn't there be?

gazooks74 12th February 2019 20.26:28

medical team always carry one situated behind the dugouts. expect the medics room in MRS will have one aswell.

Birdy 13th February 2019 03.47:31

Off topic surely

oojibooji 13th February 2019 16.19:16

[QUOTE=Birdy;2230955]Off topic surely[/QUOTE]

Off topic?

Surely the more people that know where they are located on match day the better.

Inside Left 13th February 2019 21.05:30

This should be 'all topics '

andy buckley 14th February 2019 19.03:52

[QUOTE=oojibooji;2231119]Off topic?

Surely the more people that know where they are located on match day the better.[/QUOTE]

Let me think I spot someone having a heart attack do I dial 999 or check Red Passion for an appropriate thread

RED2309 14th February 2019 19.22:43

[QUOTE=gazooks74;2230883]medical team always carry one situated behind the dugouts. expect the medics room in MRS will have one aswell.[/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.wrexham.com/news/offa-community-councils-three-new-defibrillators-installed-163705.html]Offa Community Council's three new defibrillators installed - Wrexham.com[/url]

Three have been installed in Offa Ward funded by the community council.

RED2309 14th February 2019 19.23:27

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2231401]Let me think I spot someone having a heart attack do I dial 999 or check Red Passion for an appropriate thread[/QUOTE]

With current ambulance response times ...........................better check RP!

pagl 15th February 2019 03.57:52

[QUOTE=RED2309;2231411]With current ambulance response times ...........................better check RP![/QUOTE]

Its not just the response time its the wait at the Maelor after that. Could be there all day before being seen.

Jaded 15th February 2019 07.39:39

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2231401]Let me think I spot someone having a heart attack do I dial 999 or check Red Passion for an appropriate thread[/QUOTE]

Maybe some people have a good enough memory to remember key points of a thread once they’ve read it?

Birdy 15th February 2019 08.10:27

Surely the more people that know where they are located on match day the better.[/QUOTE]

So someone is having a heart attack watching the match a fat lot of good a defibrilltor will be in the maesgywn its too far away.

Iesty 15th February 2019 09.00:27

always handy to know:

[url]https://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/LocalServices/?s=DefibrillatorLocations[/url]

we also have one at the WSP office in Wrexham Technology park if anyone is passing ;)

andy buckley 15th February 2019 18.00:20

[QUOTE=Jaded;2231450]Maybe some people have a good enough memory to remember key points of a thread once they’ve read it?[/QUOTE]

Depends if it rambles onto over 10 pages of the same old shit really :)

Welsh hat 15th February 2019 20.11:18

No one needs to rember the location of a defibrillator they are all registered with the ambulance trust
If you think someone is having a heart attack you need to ring 999 they will ask you questions and if they agree they will tell you the location of the nearest defibrillator most are locked and alarmed in cabinets, they will then give you the code to open the cabinet to take it.
That way they will make sure the pads are replaced and ready for the next requirement.

RHYLRED 16th February 2019 16.08:07

No good in Measgwyn, its need s to be Rhyl this minute!

RED2309 16th February 2019 20.04:17

[quote=rhylred;2232211]no good in measgwyn, its need s to be rhyl this minute![/quote]:):):):):)

redvanman 17th February 2019 07.21:10

[QUOTE=Welsh hat;2231637]No one needs to rember the location of a defibrillator they are all registered with the ambulance trust
If you think someone is having a heart attack you need to ring 999 they will ask you questions and if they agree they will tell you the location of the nearest defibrillator most are locked and alarmed in cabinets, they will then give you the code to open the cabinet to take it.
That way they will make sure the pads are replaced and ready for the next requirement.[/QUOTE]

Not true!
Not all defibrillator are available 24/7 as they are locked in buildings.
Others are mobile like the one on Chris Deburger's van.
Last summer it took nearly 5 minuets for the operator to get me through to the ambulance service!

Maccie 17th February 2019 08.01:15

Match day first aiders have 2 defibs inside the ground, team docs & paramedic have a defib as well, the PAD at Maesgwyn would be unlikely to be required.
WAST have the location and access codes for every PAD in Wales.
If you consider someone to be in distress (yes, I know that’s most of us) within the stadium, call the stewards immediately. If outside the stadium call 999 immediately and follow the directions given by the call taker until an ambulance arrives, simple. Quick action can save a life. Thanks

dixienormous 17th February 2019 08.12:37

[QUOTE=Birdy;2230955]Off topic surely[/QUOTE]

Very much the most important topic lad.

Birdy 17th February 2019 08.43:51

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2232555]Very much the most important topic lad.[/QUOTE]

Nah that would be the 20+ goal a season striker we need lad.

T R 17th February 2019 17.38:37

[QUOTE=Welsh hat;2231637]No one needs to rember the location of a defibrillator they are all registered with the ambulance trust
That way they will make sure the pads are replaced and ready for the next requirement.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect, this is only true for DeFibs supplied and maintained by the Ambulance Service. Those that have been purchased privately for clubs and organisations might not be on the list.

davewilli 17th February 2019 19.19:22

[QUOTE=T R;2232702]Incorrect, this is only true for DeFibs supplied and maintained by the Ambulance Service. Those that have been purchased privately for clubs and organisations might not be on the list.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is 100% right, I believe they also keep records of every defib/locatiin they are notified of.
I work for the fire service and when we carry out inspections at commercial premises, we have been asked to ask the question and notify the ambulance service so they can update records of where defibs are located.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.35:44.