RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   International Women’s day at Chesterfield game (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113441-international-women%92s-day-chesterfield-game.html)

Ooh aah Paskin 14th February 2019 13.06:44

Re: International Women’s day at Chesterfield game

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2231297]Ha ha - one of my favourite episodes :hurray:[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is an episode of Father Ted I haven't loved!

Vorporix 14th February 2019 13.15:13

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2231309]I don't think there is an episode of Father Ted I haven't loved![/QUOTE]

I have them all saved and still watch them regularly - superb comedy writing...and acting

louisleftboot 14th February 2019 14.08:22

[QUOTE=Red Light;2231299]Thought this was already remembering friends and family day with a minutes silence pre kick off - having been displaced from last Saturday to accommodate the kids clubs in the Tech End event ?

Remembering the good old days - you when just turned up to watch a football match without a need for any other reason with perhaps the Fron Male Voice Choir or a Silver band pitchside pre match and half time - now wouldn't that be good ?[/QUOTE]

:oldgit:

Who's actually that keen to get to the ground early enough to watch poets, brass bands and choirs anyway?

ABd 14th February 2019 14.19:39

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2231322]:oldgit:

Who's actually that keen to get to the ground early enough to watch poets, brass bands and choirs anyway?[/QUOTE]

If it was an injustice driven brass band, I’d be there.

dixienormous 14th February 2019 14.25:08

A what day?

fezbob 14th February 2019 14.43:26

[QUOTE=ABd;2231323]If it was an injustice driven brass band, I’d be there.[/QUOTE]

How about a new injustice driven cheerleader troop? Bring back the Passionettes imho.

Corner Flag 14th February 2019 15.05:50

[QUOTE=ABd;2231323]If it was an injustice driven brass band, I’d be there.[/QUOTE]

What on earth would that be then ?

percy vere 14th February 2019 15.21:11

[QUOTE=Rob;2231244][url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/news-international-womans-day-events-v-chesterfield[/url]

Good to see this move: Wrexham AFC will also be supporting International Women’s day at the game against Chesterfield taking place on March 2nd 2019.

International Women’s day is held annually on 8th March and this years theme is 'the future is exciting. Let's build a gender-balanced world’.

At Wrexham AFC we are proud to promote inclusivity and it is great to see our games watched by an ever increasing number of female supporters.

To mark the occasion the teams will be led by our junior girls players, there will be a special article in the programme about Wrexham AFC Ladies team and Poet and spoken word artist Evrah Rose will be reading some of her poetry including a bespoke piece which has been written especially for the day about Wrexham AFC.

Evrah is an injustice driven poet and spoken word performer hailing from Wrexham and has received much acclaim recently with her no nonsense thought provoking poetry.

Wrexham AFC are delighted Evrah, who regularly attended games growing up, will be joining us for the day and we are looking forward to hearing some of her excellent work. Here: [url]www.evrahrosepoetry.co.uk[/url]

:hurray:[/QUOTE]

Pity it wasn’t the Dover game:)

ABd 14th February 2019 15.25:34

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2231328]What on earth would that be then ?[/QUOTE]

Like a normal brass band, but with Mahmoud Abbas on bass trombone.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.46:36.