RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   International Women’s day at Chesterfield game (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113441-international-women%92s-day-chesterfield-game.html)

Rob 14th February 2019 10.15:12

International Women’s day at Chesterfield game

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/news-international-womans-day-events-v-chesterfield[/url]

Good to see this move: Wrexham AFC will also be supporting International Women’s day at the game against Chesterfield taking place on March 2nd 2019.

International Women’s day is held annually on 8th March and this years theme is 'the future is exciting. Let's build a gender-balanced world’.

At Wrexham AFC we are proud to promote inclusivity and it is great to see our games watched by an ever increasing number of female supporters.

To mark the occasion the teams will be led by our junior girls players, there will be a special article in the programme about Wrexham AFC Ladies team and Poet and spoken word artist Evrah Rose will be reading some of her poetry including a bespoke piece which has been written especially for the day about Wrexham AFC.

Evrah is an injustice driven poet and spoken word performer hailing from Wrexham and has received much acclaim recently with her no nonsense thought provoking poetry.

Wrexham AFC are delighted Evrah, who regularly attended games growing up, will be joining us for the day and we are looking forward to hearing some of her excellent work. Here: [url]www.evrahrosepoetry.co.uk[/url]

:hurray:

Ooh aah Paskin 14th February 2019 10.25:29

Re: International Women’s day at Chesterfield game

Looking forward to it.

wxm exile 14th February 2019 11.07:29

Pride n Passion
Had a reply from the lady herself Evrah.
Wish I could be there to see it.
You go girl makes us proud of this fine Town
this fine Team this fine country.
Cymru am Byth

fezbob 14th February 2019 11.20:54

Before anyone says it, International Men's Day is on the 19th of November.

GarryOggy 14th February 2019 11.50:29

[QUOTE=fezbob;2231263]Before anyone says it, International Men's Day is on the 19th of November.[/QUOTE]

When is philsanalki day?

Jebudo 14th February 2019 12.09:03

Mmmm might bring the missus, I usually make her stay at home to get me tea ready by the time I get back

Funny_Old_Game 14th February 2019 12.13:07

Presumably the match will kick off 15 mins late.

Jebudo 14th February 2019 12.14:45

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2231283]Presumably the match will kick off 15 mins late.[/QUOTE]

and you'll have to go for a p1ss in pairs at half time

moldroadred 14th February 2019 12.18:26

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2231247]Looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

Yes me too, Evrah Rose, Wrexham’s answer to Laurie Ogden :)

krux 14th February 2019 12.24:47

its a shame we are not playing Boreham Wood.

techender 14th February 2019 12.42:37

[QUOTE=fezbob;2231263]Before anyone says it, International Men's Day is on the 19th of November.[/QUOTE]

When's gender neutral day?

Vorporix 14th February 2019 12.46:30

Excellent initiative....

The birds who organised this deserve a pat on the bottom ;)

fezbob 14th February 2019 12.47:44

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2231294]Excellent initiative....

The birds who organised this deserve a pat on the bottom ;)[/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/3876705/original/?width=360&version=3876705[/IMG]

Vorporix 14th February 2019 12.50:01

[QUOTE=fezbob;2231295][IMG]https://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/3876705/original/?width=360&version=3876705[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Ha ha - one of my favourite episodes :hurray:

Red Light 14th February 2019 12.58:17

Thought this was already remembering friends and family day with a minutes silence pre kick off - having been displaced from last Saturday to accommodate the kids clubs in the Tech End event ?

Remembering the good old days - you when just turned up to watch a football match without a need for any other reason with perhaps the Fron Male Voice Choir or a Silver band pitchside pre match and half time - now wouldn't that be good ?

Ooh aah Paskin 14th February 2019 13.05:11

Surely its January 1st to March 7th, and march 9th to 31st December?

:D

Ooh aah Paskin 14th February 2019 13.05:36

[QUOTE=techender;2231292]When's gender neutral day?[/QUOTE]

29th February.

Corner Flag 14th February 2019 13.05:41

[QUOTE=Red Light;2231299]Thought this was already remembering friends and family day with a minutes silence pre kick off - having been displaced from last Saturday to accommodate the kids clubs in the Tech End event ?

Remembering the good old days - you when just turned up to watch a football match without a need for any other reason with perhaps the Fron Male Voice Choir or a Silver band pitchside pre match and half time - now wouldn't that be good ?[/QUOTE]

The good old normal days long gone now I fear .

Ooh aah Paskin 14th February 2019 13.06:44

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2231297]Ha ha - one of my favourite episodes :hurray:[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is an episode of Father Ted I haven't loved!

Vorporix 14th February 2019 13.15:13

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2231309]I don't think there is an episode of Father Ted I haven't loved![/QUOTE]

I have them all saved and still watch them regularly - superb comedy writing...and acting

louisleftboot 14th February 2019 14.08:22

[QUOTE=Red Light;2231299]Thought this was already remembering friends and family day with a minutes silence pre kick off - having been displaced from last Saturday to accommodate the kids clubs in the Tech End event ?

Remembering the good old days - you when just turned up to watch a football match without a need for any other reason with perhaps the Fron Male Voice Choir or a Silver band pitchside pre match and half time - now wouldn't that be good ?[/QUOTE]

:oldgit:

Who's actually that keen to get to the ground early enough to watch poets, brass bands and choirs anyway?

ABd 14th February 2019 14.19:39

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2231322]:oldgit:

Who's actually that keen to get to the ground early enough to watch poets, brass bands and choirs anyway?[/QUOTE]

If it was an injustice driven brass band, I’d be there.

dixienormous 14th February 2019 14.25:08

A what day?

fezbob 14th February 2019 14.43:26

[QUOTE=ABd;2231323]If it was an injustice driven brass band, I’d be there.[/QUOTE]

How about a new injustice driven cheerleader troop? Bring back the Passionettes imho.

Corner Flag 14th February 2019 15.05:50

[QUOTE=ABd;2231323]If it was an injustice driven brass band, I’d be there.[/QUOTE]

What on earth would that be then ?

percy vere 14th February 2019 15.21:11

[QUOTE=Rob;2231244][url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/news-international-womans-day-events-v-chesterfield[/url]

Good to see this move: Wrexham AFC will also be supporting International Women’s day at the game against Chesterfield taking place on March 2nd 2019.

International Women’s day is held annually on 8th March and this years theme is 'the future is exciting. Let's build a gender-balanced world’.

At Wrexham AFC we are proud to promote inclusivity and it is great to see our games watched by an ever increasing number of female supporters.

To mark the occasion the teams will be led by our junior girls players, there will be a special article in the programme about Wrexham AFC Ladies team and Poet and spoken word artist Evrah Rose will be reading some of her poetry including a bespoke piece which has been written especially for the day about Wrexham AFC.

Evrah is an injustice driven poet and spoken word performer hailing from Wrexham and has received much acclaim recently with her no nonsense thought provoking poetry.

Wrexham AFC are delighted Evrah, who regularly attended games growing up, will be joining us for the day and we are looking forward to hearing some of her excellent work. Here: [url]www.evrahrosepoetry.co.uk[/url]

:hurray:[/QUOTE]

Pity it wasn’t the Dover game:)

ABd 14th February 2019 15.25:34

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2231328]What on earth would that be then ?[/QUOTE]

Like a normal brass band, but with Mahmoud Abbas on bass trombone.

Corner Flag 14th February 2019 16.33:10

[QUOTE=ABd;2231332]Like a normal brass band, but with Mahmoud Abbas on bass trombone.[/QUOTE]

I see so thats why the Israel flag was up last week then ? :D

SE19 Exile 14th February 2019 16.59:46

[QUOTE=fezbob;2231295][IMG]https://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/3876705/original/?width=360&version=3876705[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Careful now.

Inside Left 14th February 2019 17.48:15

So this will be celebrated with the club in the Football League :)

LePog 14th February 2019 18.08:46

Can we bring Mike Newell back for the day to give his opinion on female officials during half time?

Birdy 15th February 2019 08.20:45

Its all bollocks isn't it. Remember when a match was just that and we didn't need to attach a label to it to make us look all politically correct and try and make us look 'inclusive'. Don't worry about the fact it took years to get the racists banned in the paddock!

Willywill 15th February 2019 08.22:34

As my wife is presently going through “the change”, every day is International Women’s Day in our house!

Corner Flag 15th February 2019 08.24:50

[QUOTE=Birdy;2231460]Its all bollocks isn't it. Remember when a match was just that and we didn't need to attach a label to it to make us look all politically correct and try and make us look 'inclusive'. Don't worry about the fact it took years to get the racists banned in the paddock![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there is too much left wing claptrap around in this area . Let's just get on watching football .

southcoastexpress 15th February 2019 08.40:28

Is she going to include an inclusivity poem about including boys in netball teams?��

louisleftboot 15th February 2019 09.51:32

[QUOTE=southcoastexpress;2231470]Is she going to include an inclusivity poem about including boys in netball teams?��[/QUOTE]

:huh2:

moldroadred 15th February 2019 09.57:39

[QUOTE=southcoastexpress;2231470]Is she going to include an inclusivity poem about including boys in netball teams?��[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2231498]:huh2:[/QUOTE]

:D

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47213640[/url]

Corner Flag 15th February 2019 11.42:28

When I was in school I know that lots of lads would have loved to get into the girls netball team in more ways than one !!! :D

Corner Flag 15th February 2019 11.48:23

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2231283]Presumably the match will kick off 15 mins late.[/QUOTE]

I think I will make sure I am late arriving for this match , political claptrap. Usually fully support minority groups efforts but this is a step too far .

louisleftboot 15th February 2019 11.53:08

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2231521]I think I will make sure I am late arriving for this match , political claptrap. Usually fully support minority groups efforts but this is a step too far .[/QUOTE]

You don't support that well known minority group known as women?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.08:36.