Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th February 2019, 17.34:23   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Havant & W ratings

Just got home, stressful rollercoaster of a game but massive 3 points and unbelievable results elsewhere.

Here are my ratings, really tough one to rate and definitely the proverbial game of 2 halves!

Lainton 6 - I believe he made a crucial save at the end which I couldn't make out but looked a bit shakier than normal and his kicking was poor
Carrington 7 - good solid game, left 1 on 1 against their attackers a couple of times but coped well
Jennings 9 - not a fan usually but had the game of his life, was everywhere and topped it off with a goal. Limited normally but he works hard and you could see in the celebrations it means a lot to him. Well done
Pearson 7 - great header for the equaliser which almost knocked him out! There were a few hairy moments at the back which is why I not rating him higher
Lawlor 7 - good as usual but defence looked shaky at times when havant broke quickly
Young 8 - never stopped running and working 1st and 2nd half, made the midfield tick
Wright 6 - I like Akil and delighted he got the goal but he was rubbish first half! First 20 minutes of 2nd half he was amazing then dropped off again so the 6 is an average of the great and the not so great!
Walker 6 - not terrible just looks a bit sluggish and didn't influence the game as he did under Ricketts
Rutherford 6 - typical Ruthers game lots of hard work little end product
Oswell 6 - was going to be a 5 but I believe he got an assist so that sneaks him up. I just think he's too lightweight for a big lad, looked to have an open goal opportunity first half and he struck it with the ferocity of a 90 year old. Needs to get a lot better
Tollitt 6 - a bit like akil, he had a funny game where he was frustratingly poor for long periods but was on fire during the period we scored 3. Could be a real player if he can find consistency

Subs

Holroyd 5 - worse than oswell and just too lightweight to play as a target man alone up top. Deservedly on the bench based on this cameo
Kennedy - not on long enough to rate

Yozzer 8 - dire first half but whatever he and his team said at half time did the trick and we looked more threatening in attack in the first 20 mins of the second half than we did all season. 100% record so far so literally can't do any better than that!

A happy but exhausted Wrexham fan tonight, very much still work in progress but in a crazy league we might just do this.
Old 16th February 2019, 18.15:31   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Havant & W ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Just got home, stressful rollercoaster of a game but massive 3 points and unbelievable results elsewhere.

Here are my ratings, really tough one to rate and definitely the proverbial game of 2 halves!

Lainton 6 - I believe he made a crucial save at the end which I couldn't make out but looked a bit shakier than normal and his kicking was poor
Carrington 7 - good solid game, left 1 on 1 against their attackers a couple of times but coped well
Jennings 9 - not a fan usually but had the game of his life, was everywhere and topped it off with a goal. Limited normally but he works hard and you could see in the celebrations it means a lot to him. Well done
Pearson 7 - great header for the equaliser which almost knocked him out! There were a few hairy moments at the back which is why I not rating him higher
Lawlor 7 - good as usual but defence looked shaky at times when havant broke quickly
Young 8 - never stopped running and working 1st and 2nd half, made the midfield tick
Wright 6 - I like Akil and delighted he got the goal but he was rubbish first half! First 20 minutes of 2nd half he was amazing then dropped off again so the 6 is an average of the great and the not so great!
Walker 6 - not terrible just looks a bit sluggish and didn't influence the game as he did under Ricketts
Oswell 6 - was going to be a 5 but I believe he got an assist so that sneaks him up. I just think he's too lightweight for a big lad, looked to have an open goal opportunity first half and he struck it with the ferocity of a 90 year old. Needs to get a lot better
Tollitt 6 - a bit like akil, he had a funny game where he was frustratingly poor for long periods but was on fire during the period we scored 3. Could be a real player if he can find consistency

Subs

Holroyd 5 - worse than oswell and just too lightweight to play as a target man alone up top. Deservedly on the bench based on this cameo

Yozzer 8 - dire first half but whatever he and his team said at half time did the trick and we looked more threatening in attack in the first 20 mins of the second half than we did all season. 100% record so far so literally can't do any better than that!

A happy but exhausted Wrexham fan tonight, very much still work in progress but in a crazy league we might just do this.
Jesus you got home quick
Old 16th February 2019, 18.18:56   #3-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Haha I live in Sussex I'd be going some to get back to Wrexham in that time!!
Old 16th February 2019, 20.21:32   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Launton save st end was a worldie
Old 17th February 2019, 09.28:12   #5-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post

Subs

Didn't see it as a game of 2 halves myself. We were nearly always the better team for the first 3 quarters and our movement, passing and pace was encouraging. Disappointing to be going in at half time to a "won" penalty that the ref was all too keen to give.
We started well but unfortunately were too hesitant and poor in getting shots on goal, made some decent chances that just didn't go our way. Thought this set us up for a renewed and profitable second period when we ripped H & W apart.
However the "Wrexham way" of taking it easy after we'd "won" the game nearly cost us.
I'd rate most players an 8 with Walker, Wright and Oswell 7's.
Don't think BH would have had to say much at half time but there may well have been encouragement and the odd tweak at half time.
Old 17th February 2019, 20.46:28   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Didn't see it as a game of 2 halves myself. We were nearly always the better team for the first 3 quarters and our movement, passing and pace was encouraging. Disappointing to be going in at half time to a "won" penalty that the ref was all too keen to give.
We started well but unfortunately were too hesitant and poor in getting shots on goal, made some decent chances that just didn't go our way. Thought this set us up for a renewed and profitable second period when we ripped H & W apart.
However the "Wrexham way" of taking it easy after we'd "won" the game nearly cost us.
I'd rate most players an 8 with Walker, Wright and Oswell 7's.
Don't think BH would have had to say much at half time but there may well have been encouragement and the odd tweak at half time.
Me neither was very confident at half time that we would go on and win it.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.31:36.