RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Squad (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113517-squad.html)

Red_Jackoisback 24th February 2019 09.04:36

Squad

So yesterday we had these players out.....

Lainton
Roberts
Pearso
Smith
Summerfield
Beavon
Grant

Quality players - assuming Smith is out for the rest of the season we have got at least 4 players here who would improve the starting 12.

Hope they are all fit for next weekend.

What a squad.

Red Light 24th February 2019 09.18:22

Re: Squad

Thing is now, we don't have to rush key players back - strength in depth - very quick and professional approach to the news that Lainton was out - keeper cover sorted straight away.

We now have good cover for the important run in all over the field - not so sure if some of our title rivals have similar strength.

billy 24th February 2019 14.05:56

we have to give credit to the board for backing the manager bringing in a player who is not likely to play a game. dont think lainton we be missing next saturday

LWR 24th February 2019 14.10:32

And yet people wonder where the Ward money went.

Not cheap having that many players. Also shows there’s a trade off between quality and quantity. If you pour all your resources into one player and they get injured. Your stuffed.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

EnglishRed 24th February 2019 14.22:50

We've got quality throughout the side without having any superstars (apart from Pearson) I think that's where we are more like Solihull and Eastleigh than Salford, Orient and Fylde.

Still a bit concerned over our goal scoring but at least Hughes seems to be addressing that with how he has us playing.

A few weeks ago I was convinced we'd blown it again. Now I'm feeling confident again!

jackoboy17 24th February 2019 16.52:13

Apart from roberts id be starting all of those named so any points we collect without them must be seen as a positive

pagl 24th February 2019 17.47:35

[QUOTE=LWR;2235405]And yet people wonder where the Ward money went.

Not cheap having that many players. Also shows there’s a trade off between quality and quantity. If you pour all your resources into one player and they get injured. Your stuffed.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Be surprised in any of the Ward money is spent.
We had £200k plus from cup.

Red_Jackoisback 24th February 2019 17.52:30

[QUOTE=pagl;2235447]Be surprised in any of the Ward money is spent.
We had £200k plus from cup.[/QUOTE]

And gates have been excellent too so far.

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 24th February 2019 19.23:31

Summerfield not injured, just can’t get in squad since regaining full fitness

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.48:35.