Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th March 2019, 05.05:37   #28-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Gimi Toure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Barrow being a Welsh man might also help seal the deal in bringing him closer to his roots.
I just get the feeling we dont continue to look at the best options.
Pools got straight in there for a Heed player yet were looking at unfit loanees.!!!!!
Old 8th March 2019, 06.34:04   #29-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Some people don't seem to be able to remember more than about a month. Until Christmas the consensus seemed to be he was one of our better players and was worthy of an extended deal. A dip in form and he's shit or at best bang average.
Crazy isnt it
Same with Manny, our best player and he hasnt even had a dip in form. Hes just got unlucky with a bad injury and people on here saying needs to be released at the end of the season.
Utter, utter madness
Old 8th March 2019, 07.21:25   #30-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Just waiting for someone to say those immortal words "They don't want to go up cos they can't afford it"
someone once told me , with a straight face, that the council won't let us go up as the town cannot afford the infrastructure to support the bigger crowds getting promoted would bring.
Old 8th March 2019, 07.58:54   #31-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Some people don't seem to be able to remember more than about a month. Until Christmas the consensus seemed to be he was one of our better players and was worthy of an extended deal. A dip in form and he's shit or at best bang average.
It wasn't a dip in form he was playing incredibly badly and his delivery was utterly woeful. Since hes been out of the squad we've been playing so much better.
Old 8th March 2019, 09.35:28   #32-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Barrow being a Welsh man might also help seal the deal in bringing him closer to his roots.
Do we need a left back currently. The form Jenno is in then at this time surely he would be only be used as cover.
Old 8th March 2019, 09.48:00   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
It wasn't a dip in form he was playing incredibly badly and his delivery was utterly woeful. Since hes been out of the squad we've been playing so much better.
I disagree and hope he is back fit very soon. Young and Wright have stepped up recently And Walker has been relatively consistent since he came in but Summerfield has been our best midfielder so far this season and the squad needs him.

Which players played well in January? I remember one of his last games, Summerfield was getting a bit if stick but he was the one in midfield wanting the ball and trying to make things happen so I dont really get this "he goes missing". Yes his form dipped but hey it happens, he was probably due a rest, but at that stage it was difficult to think of him not being a shoe in.

Long may Walker, Wright and Young continue to do well but 10 games at least to go, with Walker on 9 yellows and a probable need to freshen things up in any or to change games, the sooner he is fit the better.

Last edited by davewilli; 8th March 2019 at 09.49:16..
Old 8th March 2019, 10.01:40   #34-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I disagree and hope he is back fit very soon. Young and Wright have stepped up recently And Walker has been relatively consistent since he came in but Summerfield has been our best midfielder so far this season and the squad needs him.

Which players played well in January? I remember one of his last games, Summerfield was getting a bit if stick but he was the one in midfield wanting the ball and trying to make things happen so I dont really get this "he goes missing". Yes his form dipped but hey it happens, he was probably due a rest, but at that stage it was difficult to think of him not being a shoe in.

Long may Walker, Wright and Young continue to do well but 10 games at least to go, with Walker on 9 yellows and a probable need to freshen things up in any or to change games, the sooner he is fit the better.
Its obvious from Januarys form there were clearly problems and for me 5 mediocre signings plus the loss of form by Summerfield certainly contributed a lot to this. I means 5 games and not a goal scored

I said it at the time but Grant offers nothing better, Stockton is unfit and doesn't have the work rate, Tollitt was left out, Oswell the same and likewise Kennedy.

The current starting 11 has certainly improved performances even though goals are hard to come by and players from the bench are helping close out games. Tough test Saturday but lets hope for more of the same.
Old 8th March 2019, 10.18:47   #35-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
This year has been progression in what has been extremely strange circumstances even for us!!
Not wanting to go up is different to not making the right decisions to give us a chance.

Signing the right players in the right positions is vital.
Bringing in Lawlor has shown this and also that proven NL players from other teams is something we need to be looking at.
I would be getting Barrow from Gateshead now, loan deal with an option to buy at end of season. They need the cash now and we could pay his wages in 1 go.
He would improve our midfield.
I agree with this. Not only are you strengthening yourself, but your weakening you oppontent.

Just think of the knock effect someone signing Rowe from Fylde would have. Whilst thinking of Fylde. I also think Croasdale and Byrne are quality players.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.26:00.