Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th March 2019, 12.02:44   #118-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Jermaine McGlashan - Signed on loan until end of season

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Naturally the alternative view to yours is that you see fit to 'diss' the board/wst at every opportunity as opposed to others myself included who do not.
I am certainly not aware that I have used 'abuse' at any stage to anyone on this forum and would defend anyones right to a view. If there is any abuse on this thread its referring to others as 'crayon eaters'.
What a load of bollocks. Where have I dissed the WST?
My point with the WST is they should define strategy and they dont. Is that fair or do you think they have decent strategies in place?

The club and board should then action a strategy with a plan but they dont and they bumble along with Mr Secret at the head. Again is this unfair.

You seem to be totally infatuated with them being right and cant see the constructive criticism woods for the trees.
Old 8th March 2019, 12.32:06   #119-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
So you don't think that we have been and still are restrictive in our thinking then? Interesting debate point.

Lets take the original old argument here as a baseline.
7 years or more I made a huge point that the spine of the team was so important at any level of football and that we should concentrate on getting this right and then fill in around that. Quality over quantity and spend the budget wisely. However this was shot down in flames with the usual suspects saying in AM/BB/KW/GM etc. we trust, they are the experts they know what players they want.

Look at dross we endured from GK right through the spine to CF. (apart of the 98 point team ha ha).

Then look at what DK did to address the CB problem and also with Penn in midfield and suddenly key/core players start to make a difference.

So here we sit top of the pile and in January with money burning a hole in our pocket what did we do in terms of quality - go on please tell me what this quality has brought to the team.

I just think we should be looking for constant improvement, looking at better players with other clubs who we can 'steal' as we can in most cases pay them more. Does this make these views wrong?
I think everyone who follows football knows that the spine of the team is a crucial element, and needs to be where the strength is.

Are you suggesting that the Managers you refer to didn’t understand that concept except for Dean Keates? Maybe their respective opinions on the players they brought in to the spine of the team was that they would improve it?

Like it or not, whoever the Club appoint as Manager has to be trusted, at least at the start, and their choice of players is just that....their choice.
We can all have opinions on individual players, but as everyone keeps saying, they are opinions, and how could anyone expect a Manager to value any fans opinions over their own?
Why, for instance would your opinion be more valuable than the guy who might sit next to you on matchday? Or indeed the Manager?

As for the additions to the team in January, I don’t believe that we have done anything more than improve our strength in depth towards the pointy end of the season and my opinion on that is that it has been a good move.......thus far, as results are showing.
The addition of McGlashen will hopefully add to that.........but it’s only my opinion, combined with hope.😏

In reference to your final paragraph above, of course your views aren’t wrong, though I’m not sure on what you base the assertion that we can pay more for the players we might steal.
Old 8th March 2019, 13.04:04   #120-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
In reference to your final paragraph above, of course your views aren’t wrong, though I’m not sure on what you base the assertion that we can pay more for the players we might steal.
Budget
If you compare ours to say Southport, Alty, Bin dippers, Macc when they were here etc. then we must be able to pay more.
Loan players just fit into the wage structure anyway with a %age agreed.

If we take my suggestion to raid the Heed then they are desperate to save cash and we could have looked at Barow and even Rigg on loan. Maybe we have! But history tells me otherwise. Its not in our strategy is it?

I feel its an area we fail to capitalise on and where other teams do much better than us. Think of Tilt, Penn, possibly Rooney, Rutherford to an extent, Lawlor.
All examples of much better players, more consistent performances and should be key to the starting 11.

Next season we need to build around a CM pairing regardless of the league were in. So where do we get them
Old 8th March 2019, 13.33:39   #121-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Budget
If you compare ours to say Southport, Alty, Bin dippers, Macc when they were here etc. then we must be able to pay more.
Loan players just fit into the wage structure anyway with a %age agreed.

If we take my suggestion to raid the Heed then they are desperate to save cash and we could have looked at Barow and even Rigg on loan. Maybe we have! But history tells me otherwise. Its not in our strategy is it?

I feel its an area we fail to capitalise on and where other teams do much better than us. Think of Tilt, Penn, possibly Rooney, Rutherford to an extent, Lawlor.
All examples of much better players, more consistent performances and should be key to the starting 11.

Next season we need to build around a CM pairing regardless of the league were in. So where do we get them
I haven’t done any research into our playing budget Vs other Clubs, can’t be a*sed, though I guess you have?

I am surehowever, that all Clubs are circulated on a regular basis by other Clubs with a list of available players, either on loan or for transfer. I would guess that Gateshead have done this in view of their predicament.
As for next season, we will have to trust the judgement of Hughes and, hopefully Flynn, to tap into their extensive (in Flynns case certainly) contacts/player lists.
That job will be easier if we are a L2 side, obviously.
Old 8th March 2019, 14.23:03   #122-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
Blue...…...........………………..er No I mean Red.

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen Swallow?
African or European?
Old 8th March 2019, 15.09:52   #123-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
African or European?
But of course African swallows are non migratory anyway . . .
Old 8th March 2019, 16.08:08   #124-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Back to our new player. I noticed that Jermaine played for Aldershot when they were in L2so asked my mate for his opinion. He said that JM was a good player for Shots but has a (deserved) reputation as a serial diver! He also added that he thought JM was better as a second half impact player. He is obviously a few years older now but let's hope we get to see him play a bit in the next 10 days. With over 250 L2 appearances and not an obvious goalscorer looks more a replacement for Rutherford than Tollitt.
Old 8th March 2019, 17.20:16   #125-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
All players need time to settle in they don't all hit the ground running especially when not match fit as in the case of Oswell and I agree he needs games he won't get fit on the bench, he needs a goal for confidence like all goal scorers score one and sometimes they can't stop, take Lukaku at United he couldn't score this season now look at him.

As to the new signing he will need probably 6 games to get matchfit then the season is nearly over, but we aint going to get players in who are matchfit unless a youngster playing for a club with a reserve side.
Posted via mobile theme
I thought he had played over 20 games already this season? He can't be that unfit.
Old 8th March 2019, 17.52:09   #126-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
I thought he had played over 20 games already this season? He can't be that unfit.
I think someone said he was unfit. Although I have seen no reference to it anywhere else!? Just guesswork I dare say
Welcome to Wrexham Jermaine .

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.34:03.