Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th March 2019, 11.00:49   #172-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Orient reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
I rarely put up a reaction to a game, as you win some and lose some so no use going overboard, but will today. Very little skill from either team but the blustery conditions didn't help anyone. Orient looked tidy but offered little. We looked organised and hard to break down. Both teams played a hard game with 100% effort but Orient had 1 or 2 tidy players on the ball. The left back who moved to right back was excellent and destined for better things. Defence solid so no problem there. Midfield worked hard but little creativity, but no surprise there. Felt for Beavon as he fought hard and won his battles just a pity no support. Looked better with 2 up top for them last 10 minutes and is an option I would go for in the last games. Is it doom and gloom? No. A possible 27 points up for grabs and I think 20 will do it for us as everyone is dropping points. Was an old fashioned fight were only points were important and even though we lost I quite enjoyed the game. Now I wait for the flak. Oh and a word on ref. Was very good and took into consideration what was at stake by not flashing cards around. Yes made the odd little mistake but they all do.
No flak needed - it’s your opinion and your entitled to it. After the disappointment of the impact of the result I can’t disagree with your analysis. We went with a game plan for a point which we face almost every home game and it nearly worked. I will be there for the rest of the season and in the playoffs if required with everything crossed. As I keep saying the current management team will be miracle workers if this pays off. They don’t have the sows ear some suggest but we are clearly struggling up front so let’s just get behind the team for 9 games then see.
Old 10th March 2019, 11.14:26   #173-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
No flak needed - it’s your opinion and your entitled to it. After the disappointment of the impact of the result I can’t disagree with your analysis. We went with a game plan for a point which we face almost every home game and it nearly worked. I will be there for the rest of the season and in the playoffs if required with everything crossed. As I keep saying the current management team will be miracle workers if this pays off. They don’t have the sows ear some suggest but we are clearly struggling up front so let’s just get behind the team for 9 games then see.
If were struggling up front then it would seem to me that changes should be made. Doing the same thing over is madness.
Oswell is our player and it would make sense to use him as much as possible this season. Even if this helped off-load him at the end.
Go with a front 2 and 4 in the middle.

The worry now is Walker and Summerfield and it might leave us weak in the middle.

We can dress it up with were still 2nd and still in with a chance but the odds are now stacking against us and it all points to Januarys failures.
Old 10th March 2019, 11.49:04   #174-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

think we play the horseshoe formation or it seems like that ha
Old 10th March 2019, 12.01:26   #175-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Orient have got a very difficult run in. Imperative we get 6 points in the upcoming home games.
Old 10th March 2019, 12.30:06   #176-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Cheer up people, we lost to a lucky deflection. We didnt play that well, Leyton probably edged it but then they’re are a decent team and the conditions werent great for either side.

Chins up, we still have a good chance of winning the league and if not that then promotion through the playoffs. We’re 7/4 at the bookies for promotion. Big push and dont give up, can’t believe the defeatist attitude in some of you.
Old 10th March 2019, 14.17:29   #177-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent

I have a funny feeling we've still got one game left against Orient this season. There are still plenty of games left and nothing has been decided. All the top teams are inconsistent, they will both win and loose games before the end of April.
Old 10th March 2019, 14.29:52   #178-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
My view for what it's worth is same old same, the manager changes but the the team and performances don't.

A draw would of been a fair result as it looked more like a midtable game both sides look far from good enough to up and that's how bad the standard in this league is.

Wrexham had most of the possession first half with not one shot at goal fans blaming Grant he was no better or worse than the rest, the midfield and forward line is abysmal.

Wright despite his recent goals not good enough Tollit weak as p**s, Rutherford a runaround passenger Beavon kicked to pieces on his own upfront terrible tactics relying on our defence all season, untill the midfield is sorted and we play 2 strikers upfront, add some pace and a couple of decent wingers who can actually beat a defender and cross the ball then nothing will change, I don't see us finishing in the top 3 relying on winning 1-0 everygame
Posted via mobile theme
10 lines of absolute truth. Cut it out and pin it up on the dressing room wall.
Old 10th March 2019, 15.55:42   #179-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

It must be so easy for an opposition manager to set up against Wrexham knowing they have only one speedy attacker
Old 10th March 2019, 15.59:53   #180-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

I think we were the better side in terms of work rate and winning the second balls for the first 60 minutes. We also had most of the territory up to that point. After that, Orient flicked a switch and had a good 10 minute spell and managed to capitalise with a lucky goal. These are the fine margins.

We are lob sided, no threat from the right hand side. The other forwards don’t make the right runs or get close enough to Beavon, who again won more than his fair share of headers against taller centre halves. We have been a 1-0 team all season and I can’t see much changing! I think it’s going right to the wire. Worst case scenario should be a home play off match (fancy beating anyone at home) then a one off game at Wembley!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.34:57.