Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th March 2019, 18.49:50   #100-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end
Twitter: @

Talking Re: If we don’t go up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Its been the problem for years. Lets hope BH doesnt settle for Spencers billy bullshit.
Loads of people at Kellogg's didn't ...
Old 10th March 2019, 19.03:12   #101-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
The money is in the bank. No good shelling out silly money for a striker when our problems lie deeper (Midfield) The players we were after weren't available in January or were out of our reach, financially.
Hughes and Flynn will do what they can with what we've got and may be able to add another player to see us through. Sadly most teams and players at this level are inconsistent which is why it's so difficult to put a good winning run together. We are no different to any of the top teams in this respect but we do need to play more on the front foot and create chances.

If you want to find someone to invest? in the club, have a word with Foxy. he's got a long list of potential "investors".
There is no way our midfield is in a worse state than our strikeforce. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I might need to trawl the history books to see if we have EVER had a season like this where our top scorer has 5 goals and it’s mid March. It’s never happened in the time I’ve been watching Wrexham.
Old 10th March 2019, 19.31:58   #102-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: If we don’t go up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress View Post
Create chances, create goals. Everyone wants these famed 20 goal a season strikers. Before we splash the cash on one, we need players capable of creating 3-5 chances per game. I think we would then find we have a 20 goal a season striker already. Our strikers very rarely get many chances. They are mostly always scramble goals, half chances. Very rarely do they get a clear cut chance to score. Put it on a plate and they will score.
A 10 goal a season striker would be good......come to think of it even a 7 or 8 goal striker would feel like a luxury at the moment.
Old 10th March 2019, 21.27:03   #103-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress View Post
Create chances, create goals. Everyone wants these famed 20 goal a season strikers. Before we splash the cash on one, we need players capable of creating 3-5 chances per game. I think we would then find we have a 20 goal a season striker already. Our strikers very rarely get many chances. They are mostly always scramble goals, half chances. Very rarely do they get a clear cut chance to score. Put it on a plate and they will score.

I agree look at Boden this season.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th March 2019, 09.49:01   #104-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I agree look at Boden this season.
Posted via mobile theme
That is beyond my utter comprehension. What confuses me more is that when he has played against us he hasn't looked very good either.

Clearly me watching him is a curse.
Old 11th March 2019, 09.59:05   #105-0 (permalink)
-

Boden is useless but can stand in a position and score goals if the ball happens to land on his head/foot.
Old 11th March 2019, 10.39:01   #106-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rncfc View Post
Boden is useless but can stand in a position and score goals if the ball happens to land on his head/foot.
i think 15 goals is too great a number for this to be true unless there is some unbelievable creativity around him.
Old 11th March 2019, 11.11:50   #107-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
i think 15 goals is too great a number for this to be true unless there is some unbelievable creativity around him.
I saw it with my own eyes when he was with us. Totally average in most components of the game, but positioning was decent in fairness to him. Much happier with the strikers we have now, although Amond will almost certainly be off in the summer now he's been called up by Ireland.
Old 11th March 2019, 11.13:18   #108-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post

The thing with Boden as with all our forwards they play a few games then they are dropped no continuity upfront same this season, Pyke, Fondop still our leading scorer has an early season scoring regular does not score for a few dropped, Beavon a constant feature his goals as rare as Steak barely warmed through, our leading scorer last season Holroyd played regular now he gets cameo appearances off the bench.

We sign Oswell and Stockton they are sat on the bench getting 10 or 20 mins.

Strikers need regular games and are best in a pair we all know strikers if they don't score for awhile lose confidence continually in and out of a side won't help, take Oswell scored lots in a league below us goes to a struggling league 2 club Morecambe doesn't score hardly gets a game and Barrow thinks he will here then doesn't play him.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.14:13.