Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th March 2019, 09.29:27   #28-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings v Orient

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Grants problem is he never actually looks fit and his lack of pace shows to be even worse in a team with no pace if that makes sense.

But let's be honest he was no worse Saturday than Wright Rutherford and Young and he has the excuse of lacking match fitness after being out for weeks.

Unless Flynn or Hughes know of any good midfielders they can get in on loan or even another winger to replace Tollit and play the new lad instead of run around contributing little Rutherford. And have somebody like Stockton alongside Beavon then nothing will change, so as I don't see any of that happening it won't change at all this season, let's hope the Hughes new manager bubble hasn't burst.

Anyone else wonder how little Brian Flynn could see over that barrier Saturday.
Posted via mobile theme
Agreed with you about Grant, for me he's been the biggest let down of the season, my Fleetwood supporting mate was raving about him when I asked what he was like, he's obviously been a good player but he looks shot now, I keep hoping he'll 'come good' and show us what he's capable of but it doesnt look like that'll ever happen. If Walkers injury is bad I'd go for Kemy Augustein, think he's a free agent still, do a Beavon with him and just play him for 60-70 mins if he isnt match fit. Ha yeh I thought the same with Flynn and the barrier too!
Old 11th March 2019, 09.47:26   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebudo View Post
Agreed with you about Grant, for me he's been the biggest let down of the season, my Fleetwood supporting mate was raving about him when I asked what he was like, he's obviously been a good player but he looks shot now, I keep hoping he'll 'come good' and show us what he's capable of but it doesnt look like that'll ever happen. If Walkers injury is bad I'd go for Kemy Augustein, think he's a free agent still, do a Beavon with him and just play him for 60-70 mins if he isnt match fit. Ha yeh I thought the same with Flynn and the barrier too!
It's a strange one with Grant as when you see his higlights video on you tube i can understand your Fleetwood supporting mate raving about him as he looks the biz. Dont know what it is but like every other forward player we sign he started off looking pretty decent before going downhill fast. Just got to hope the two Brians can sort it coz something isn't right.
Old 11th March 2019, 09.50:17   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
It's a strange one with Grant as when you see his higlights video on you tube i can understand your Fleetwood supporting mate raving about him as he looks the biz. Dont know what it is but like every other forward player we sign he started off looking pretty decent before going downhill fast. Just got to hope the two Brians can sort it coz something isn't right.
It’s the Wrexham effect, takes a half decent attacking player and destroys them piece by piece.
Old 11th March 2019, 09.55:38   #31-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Said it for a while now this club ruins any striker that comes here. All the evidence is there. We've had too many now for it to be put down to just poor recruitment.

Saying that, actually playing the ones you sign instead of the ones that aren't scoring might be a good place to start.
Old 11th March 2019, 10.01:44   #32-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Only thing with this striker arguement, is how is the club ruining these strikers specifically? I mean its not even the same manager half the time.
Old 11th March 2019, 10.21:23   #33-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Only thing with this striker arguement, is how is the club ruining these strikers specifically? I mean its not even the same manager half the time.
Being on our 3rd manager of the season won't have helped.
Style of play.
I know he's untouchable and bombproof to many but isn't this issue something Darlington should have helped to address by now?
So coaching is on the list as well.

Even Boden who was average at best here and who I don't rate at all has got 15 this season. When he was here he didn't look like getting 15 goals in 5 seasons let alone one.

I refrain from putting any blame BH way as this isn't his squad. There'll be big changes in the summer promotion or not is my prediction.
Old 11th March 2019, 11.25:17   #34-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

I think a lot of the reason is down to tactics laid down by Darlington myself as he is the constant member of the coaching set up since we forgot how to rarely score more than one goal, he is a defensive minded coach & credit where it's due has made us very hard to score against but at a cost to being more adventurous going forward.

But having said that we have not had a half decent midfield since Keates Harris & Fowler.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 11th March 2019 at 11.27:24..
Old 11th March 2019, 11.54:38   #35-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I think a lot of the reason is down to tactics laid down by Darlington myself as he is the constant member of the coaching set up since we forgot how to rarely score more than one goal, he is a defensive minded coach & credit where it's due has made us very hard to score against but at a cost to being more adventurous going forward.

But having said that we have not had a half decent midfield since Keates Harris & Fowler.
Posted via mobile theme
Don't get the criticism of Darlington.
The coaches, whoever they are, only follow the instructions of the manager.
It may be that Rickets and Barrow have set the basis for the way we are playing at present and BH is unlikely to change things with the players he has inherited.
I am however impressed with the way that Bryan has gone about his business and has up to now, silenced the critics.

I wholeheartedly agree with the comments about the midfield.

Last edited by Quay Red; 11th March 2019 at 11.56:08..
Old 11th March 2019, 12.02:12   #36-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Don't get the criticism of Darlington.
The coaches, whoever they are, only follow the instructions of the manager.
It may be that Rickets and Barrow have set the basis for the way we are playing at present and BH is unlikely to change things with the players he has inherited.
I am however impressed with the way that Bryan has gone about his business and has up to now, silenced the critics.

I wholeheartedly agree with the comments about the midfield.

I'm not criticising Darlington just trying to work out why since he rejoined under Keates we have forgot how to score under 3 managers, I praise Darlington for our strong defence but with us sitting deep even at home we are defending deep at a cost of being more adventurous in the final 3rd it's a bit Mourinho style parking the bus home and away, but as I said we have not had a decent midfield since Keates and Harris and the forwards are taking the flack because we create little going forward, I think we are badly missing Summerfield at the moment.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.22:53.