RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ratings v Orient (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113591-ratings-v-orient.html)

benwilliams 9th March 2019 18.18:10

Ratings v Orient

Lainton 7 - unlucky with the deflection for the goal and almost reached it, otherwise very assured
Kennedy 6 - solid enough defensively but not a right back and offered no attacking threat. With Carra injured Robert's must start
Jennings 7 - we looked most dangerous down the left particularly 1st half when he linked up well with Tollitt
Pearson 7 - another assured display, not sure who was at fault for the goal as 3 or 4 could have cleared it but solid otherwise
Lawlor 7 - see Pearson
Wright 5 - definitely a player there but being pushed further back unsurprisingly affected his performance. Best as an attacking mid with a Walker behind him, not great today
Walker N/A but missed when he went off v early
Young 6 - usual high energy performance without the creativity today, another who looks less incisive against the better teams but will be a key player for the run in
Tollitt 7 - very bright especially first half, only one who could really make anything happen and was positive when he got on the ball. Wrong decision to sub him in my view but maybe it was to save him for Tuesday. Has a big part to play in his final 3 games
Beavon 7 - good tussle with Turley and he unsettled the Orient defence. If he had a good number 9 he could play off then he would be even better. Another unlucky to be taken off but again age/fitness may be a factor
Rutherford 5 - literally didn't hear the commentators mention his name in an anonymous 1st half. Slightly more involved 2nd but his lack of quality was shown up against a good side. Again will be useful against lesser teams but he wouldn't even get on Orient or Salford's bench

Subs

Grant 4 - dear oh dear, Steven Leslie mark 2, Mr anonymous, makes the side worse wherever he plays
Oswell 5 - not on long but looks so lightweight and plays too deep for someone meant to be a prolific goalscorer. A mistake of a signing I fear
Stockton 6 - again not on long but got involved and had a fierce shot saved, probably not what we need longer term but maybe worth a start with beavon?

EnglishRed 9th March 2019 18.30:17

Re: Ratings v Orient

Not worth posting my own as you've pretty much summer up my thoughts. Fair scores.

redone 9th March 2019 18.41:43

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2238652]Lainton 7 - unlucky with the deflection for the goal and almost reached it, otherwise very assured
Kennedy 6 - solid enough defensively but not a right back and offered no attacking threat. With Carra injured Robert's must start
Jennings 7 - we looked most dangerous down the left particularly 1st half when he linked up well with Tollitt
Pearson 7 - another assured display, not sure who was at fault for the goal as 3 or 4 could have cleared it but solid otherwise
Lawlor 7 - see Pearson
Wright 5 - definitely a player there but being pushed further back unsurprisingly affected his performance. Best as an attacking mid with a Walker behind him, not great today
Walker N/A but missed when he went off v early
Young 6 - usual high energy performance without the creativity today, another who looks less incisive against the better teams but will be a key player for the run in
Tollitt 7 - very bright especially first half, only one who could really make anything happen and was positive when he got on the ball. Wrong decision to sub him in my view but maybe it was to save him for Tuesday. Has a big part to play in his final 3 games
Beavon 7 - good tussle with Turley and he unsettled the Orient defence. If he had a good number 9 he could play off then he would be even better. Another unlucky to be taken off but again age/fitness may be a factor
Rutherford 5 - literally didn't hear the commentators mention his name in an anonymous 1st half. Slightly more involved 2nd but his lack of quality was shown up against a good side. Again will be useful against lesser teams but he wouldn't even get on Orient or Salford's bench

Subs

Grant 4 - dear oh dear, Steven Leslie mark 2, Mr anonymous, makes the side worse wherever he plays
Oswell 5 - not on long but looks so lightweight and plays too deep for someone meant to be a prolific goalscorer. A mistake of a signing I fear
Stockton 6 - again not on long but got involved and had a fierce shot saved, probably not what we need longer term but maybe worth a start with beavon?[/QUOTE]

v good summing up agree with you

ruthinred 9th March 2019 18.48:51

Thought Stockton livened things up to be fair

Holroyd deserves a start in this woeful attacking unit

dagg 9th March 2019 19.34:35

Referee 4, Bit of a homer, NOT blaming him for the defeat.

Readred 9th March 2019 22.24:43

Only thing I’d change is downgrading Grant to a 2. Literally cannot remember a single positive thing he did today. Been awful from the second he signed on the dotted line.

pagl 10th March 2019 07.31:32

So many less than 7 in the biggest game under new management.
Be a few in NL north come next season. We must have better.

EnglishRed 10th March 2019 10.23:19

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2238665]Thought Stockton livened things up to be fair

Holroyd deserves a start in this woeful attacking unit[/QUOTE]

Rutherford deserves to be dropped after that performance. Its a pity Holroyd wasn't on the bench.

I like Beavon a lot and he played well yesterday but with him as the focal point there is almost zero goal threat. Particularly if Rutherford is also playing.

Bigmike 10th March 2019 10.36:29

losing walker was very significant in my opinion.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.05:24.