RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Why can't we play 442 v Barrow & Maidstone (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113594-why-cant-we-play-442-v-barrow-maidstone.html)

Redpensioner 11th March 2019 13.11:29

Re: Why can't we play 442 v Barrow & Maidstone

Come on, trying to make excuses for full time footballer's that can't revert to a 442 situation you can set up kids to play that way. If Bevan had someone with him to take more of the workload off him he might ,just might get to the six yard box ?

krux 11th March 2019 13.27:00

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2239022]Come on, trying to make excuses for full time footballer's that can't revert to a 442 situation you can set up kids to play that way. If Bevan had someone with him to take more of the workload off him he might ,just might get to the six yard box ?[/QUOTE]

You have a point, but I'm not sure you can switch to a well drilled, top of the table 442 formation at the flick of a switch.

LeBon 11th March 2019 13.30:55

I quite like 4-3-3 as a formation. It can keep you solid in midfield whilst still getting 3 players forward. But to work well you need the right players and we don't have those.

You need a goal threat from each of the front 3. At least two need to be strikers who can play out wide, rather than more traditional wingers - the sort of player you'd put upfront in a 4-4-2. Ideally they would also be the kind of players who can make goals out of nothing. And best of all, they would be able to interchange across the front 3 during the course of the game. Bit of pace doesn't hurt either.

Of our current players, arguably only Tollitt fits it at all (he is a goal threat and can make things happen on his own) and he isn't really a striker. Whereas in 2011/12, when we played the system best, Speight, Wright, Pogba and Morrell were all strikers who could play wide (the latter less so, but he could do a job).

So we have players upfront who seem more to be bodies to keep us solid, rather than make anything happen. Rutherford, for example, would seem likely to be more effective as a wide player in a 4-4-2. Grant doesn't fit in at all. Stockton and Oswell just seem like traditional strikers.

NottsRed 11th March 2019 14.23:25

[QUOTE=LeBon;2239026]I quite like 4-3-3 as a formation. It can keep you solid in midfield whilst still getting 3 players forward. But to work well you need the right players and we don't have those.

You need a goal threat from each of the front 3. At least two need to be strikers who can play out wide, rather than more traditional wingers - the sort of player you'd put upfront in a 4-4-2. Ideally they would also be the kind of players who can make goals out of nothing. And best of all, they would be able to interchange across the front 3 during the course of the game. Bit of pace doesn't hurt either.

Of our current players, arguably only Tollitt fits it at all (he is a goal threat and can make things happen on his own) and he isn't really a striker. Whereas in 2011/12, when we played the system best, Speight, Wright, Pogba and Morrell were all strikers who could play wide (the latter less so, but he could do a job).

So we have players upfront who seem more to be bodies to keep us solid, rather than make anything happen. Rutherford, for example, would seem likely to be more effective as a wide player in a 4-4-2. Grant doesn't fit in at all. Stockton and Oswell just seem like traditional strikers.[/QUOTE]

We need Dom Vose and Wes York back!!!!! Crazy to say but at the time they weren’t good enough but I gladly bring them back now to get us those extra goals.

RED2309 11th March 2019 15.53:22

Brad Walker is now injured and will be out for 2-3 weeks. Carra and Summers are still not ready to return either.

Who plays in midfield tomorrow?

Could we bring Roberts back in at RB and play Kennedy as defensive mid?

Prodigal Dragon 11th March 2019 17.48:14

[QUOTE=RED2309;2239043]Brad Walker is now injured and will be out for 2-3 weeks. Carra and Summers are still not ready to return either.

Who plays in midfield tomorrow?

Could we bring Roberts back in at RB and play Kennedy as defensive mid?[/QUOTE]

That would be my option:

Tollitt and Wright wide; Kennedy and Young in the middle; Oswell and Stockton upfront.

krux 11th March 2019 17.56:42

Roberts has got to play. For his weaknesses, he is, after all, a right back.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

davewilli 11th March 2019 18.11:12

[QUOTE=krux;2239064]Roberts has got to play. For his weaknesses, he is, after all, a right back.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Roberts if fit should play, we usually win games, only losing 3 with him starting with JL SP & JJ and not many have been draws.

billybersham 11th March 2019 18.45:04

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2239061]That would be my option:

Tollitt and Wright wide; Kennedy and Young in the middle; Oswell and Stockton upfront.[/QUOTE]

Wright wide,he found himslef in that postion a couple of times against Chesterfield and did not have a clue what to do.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.35:50.