Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th March 2019, 00.01:59   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Why can't we play 442 v Barrow & Maidstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Yeah it's a formation we know.

I just am not sure changing formations is a great idea with 9 games left in the season, unless it's something we do in training.
Might be a risk we need to take if we want to go up. We were so inept attacking wise v Orient we are at risk of struggling to score against lesser teams. The passengers, Rutherford and Grant need to be kept out of the team too.
Play a formation which will create more chances and play actual goalscorers we have a good chance of the playoffs. Otherwise I am not sure.
Old 11th March 2019, 06.55:23   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Not sure the main problem is the formation - but the personnel.

We are struggling to find 3 midfielders of quality never mind 4.

Might be worth swopping things around up front.

Start with Tollitt, Oswell and Stockton.

For all his qualities Beavon is not a goalscorer - but that's what we need - Stockton at least did it for Tranmere 2 seasons ago and with a run of games might come good - perhaps Beavon would be more suited as an impact sub from the bench with his hard running.
Old 11th March 2019, 07.13:41   #12-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Grant, Ruthers and Beavon in the team will cost us dearly.
Its already been shown and proven.
Old 11th March 2019, 07.29:52   #13-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

With what we have got, I’d look at putting beavon outwide instead of Ruthers. Grant would come in like for like for Akil Wright and id play oswell down the middle. When toillet goes either the new loanee or Holroyd will have to come in to replace him.
Old 11th March 2019, 09.28:24   #14-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:

I just am not sure changing formations is a great idea with 9 games left in the season, unless it's something we do in training.
Been said in the past but we never seem to have a Plan B. You would hope any manager would be looking at something like this as a contingency. It is something we do need to do for next season though as we can't continue with the current set up and lack of goals if we want to go up.
Old 11th March 2019, 10.06:34   #15-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

It's a very sensible point you make, and logic says it would be the last thing you should do. However, most fans I know have been saying most of the season that we need to change our attack a,s game after game, we have one striker isolated up front. It's hugely frustrating and the temptation is strong to get 2 front men and play with wingers to provide service.

If it fails, well it fails, but I'm not convinced we will go up by constantly clinging on in games and hoping to nick 1-0.
Old 11th March 2019, 13.35:11   #16-0 (permalink)
WR1
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
With what we have got, I’d look at putting beavon outwide instead of Ruthers. Grant would come in like for like for Akil Wright and id play oswell down the middle. When toillet goes either the new loanee or Holroyd will have to come in to replace him.
Sorry to say but been really disappointed with Grant - based on his contributions he should be nowhere near the team or even on the bench.
Old 11th March 2019, 13.42:20   #17-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:

I agree, we have to go with what we know and hope its enough.
Old 11th March 2019, 13.47:53   #18-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I agree, we have to go with what we know and hope its enough.
The goal scoring issues we have had for a couple of seasons due to the defensive way we are set up and the players we have got on board to play that way. Too late to change really for this season must maybe have a plan B off the bench.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.42:51.