RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Why can't we play 442 v Barrow & Maidstone (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113594-why-cant-we-play-442-v-barrow-maidstone.html)

Rob Edwards 10th March 2019 19.42:28

Why can't we play 442 v Barrow & Maidstone

Given our ongoing goalscoring difficulties, not scored first half under Yosser etc is there any reason we cannot play 442 v Barrow & Maidstone? Neither are the best defensively but Barrow can score as shown v Orient.
Given Walker is unavailable we could have -
CMs - AW, LY
Wide mid/wingers - McGlashan & Tollitt
Up Front - Beavon, Oswell
Risk is if continue as we are we could end up drawing both matches and out of reckoning for top 3.
Option there for last 20 minutes to bring on Rutherford for one winger and Stockton for Beavon.
Risk also that the first half goal drought will be a monkey on Hughes' back if not resolved quickly.

EnglishRed 10th March 2019 20.02:40

Re: Why can't we play 442 v Barrow & Maidstone

Are the players used to 442?
The risk of changing to a new formation is surely that the players are unfamiliar with their role and we don't win these games.

Is a narrow 1 nil loss away at a decent team a reason to change the system which had worked OK for the previous 5 games?

shimosays 10th March 2019 20.14:26

Or play Beavon instead of Rutherford on the right of the 3 with Oswell up top.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Rob Edwards 10th March 2019 20.33:35

[QUOTE=shimosays;2238893]Or play Beavon instead of Rutherford on the right of the 3 with Oswell up top.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Problem here is that would mean choosing Grant as the 3rd midfielder which would definitely not help our goalscoring deficiencies.

Rob Edwards 10th March 2019 20.36:20

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2238890]Are the players used to 442?
The risk of changing to a new formation is surely that the players are unfamiliar with their role and we don't win these games.

Is a narrow 1 nil loss away at a decent team a reason to change the system which had worked OK for the previous 5 games?[/QUOTE]

We scraped Chesterfield 1-0, have not scored first half since Yosser took over, and we were also playing this formation when we had the 5 defeats in a row in January.

redone 10th March 2019 20.39:57

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2238894]Problem here is that would mean choosing Grant as the 3rd midfielder which would definitely not help our goalscoring deficiencies.[/QUOTE]

Grant and Deverdics, what a let down these pair are!!! supposed to be the attacking options.more life in a tramps vest

shimosays 10th March 2019 20.42:37

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2238894]Problem here is that would mean choosing Grant as the 3rd midfielder which would definitely not help our goalscoring deficiencies.[/QUOTE]

Could play Rutherford there. He did it earlier in the season. Anybody but Grant.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Rob Edwards 10th March 2019 20.52:08

[QUOTE=shimosays;2238900]Could play Rutherford there. He did it earlier in the season. Anybody but Grant.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

True. Just feel especially at home need to at least have a chance of scoring more than one goal The formation and playing of a player who has never scored prolifically on his own up front means we are making things harder than they should be in reality for ourselves.
On the basis that McGlashan is Tollitt's replacement really need to look for a central midfielder which could be then our 5th loanee and still within matchday squad limit.The Walker injury increases the need as for all his effort Wright struggles to pass to his own team a lot of the time.

EnglishRed 10th March 2019 22.11:46

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2238896]We scraped Chesterfield 1-0, have not scored first half since Yosser took over, and we were also playing this formation when we had the 5 defeats in a row in January.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a formation we know.

I just am not sure changing formations is a great idea with 9 games left in the season, unless it's something we do in training.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.10:24.