Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th March 2019, 22.10:54   #154-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Well look at the clubs who deemed him not good enough before joining us Forest Green Cheltenham to name 2
Posted via mobile theme
Cheltenham in league 2? Fgr.with the biggest budget in the league? If we were in that position I would call Jennings position into question. But we ain't.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th March 2019, 22.16:56   #155-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Cheltenham in league 2? Fgr.with the biggest budget in the league? If we were in that position I would call Jennings position into question. But we ain't.
Posted via mobile theme

The problem with him is he barely has more then 2 or 3 good to average games on the bounce, I accept this is my opinion and others will differ but I think we could find better.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th March 2019, 23.31:15   #156-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Barrow Reaction

Quote:
The problem with him is he barely has more then 2 or 3 good to average games on the bounce, I accept this is my opinion and others will differ but I think we could find better.
Posted via mobile theme
Agree. Said for sometime that both Fullbacks are sub standard and part of our attacking problem. Neither is quick enough or skilful enough in my opinion.
They are both inherently defensive minded and lack pace.
Old 14th March 2019, 03.30:59   #157-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Agree. Said for sometime that both Fullbacks are sub standard and part of our attacking problem. Neither is quick enough or skilful enough in my opinion.
They are both inherently defensive minded and lack pace.
Totally. Its 2 positions where we should be looking around at other local teams and checking up and coming players. Younger, fitter, quicker.
Having 2 solid CBs in the spine of the team and ideally 2 decent CM would bring on these type of players. Although I think Roberts was seen as one of these types to be fair. Not sure who is coming through from COE in these positions either but seems we should be looking at this as well.

Its called planning so doubtful anything is happening
Old 14th March 2019, 07.23:10   #158-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Well I wasn’t there and it sounded terrible so absolutely if you pa Do to watch that in atrocious weather then vent all you want.

However, some of the stuff I’m reading is so OTT it’s laughable. An alien reading this would assume we were 20 points adrift at the bottom of the league. Until a narrow defeat v a good team these guys were flying and we were almost unanimously of the view we would win the league.

The last 2 results have been bitterly disappointing but we are making an end of season collapse a self fulfilling prophecy by being so down on the players.

The key things for Saturday:

- back to 433
- make sure we at least work harder and fight harder than them
- ideally get Pearson back. If not someone has to grow the balls to lead from the front
- try and loan a Walker replacement
- play Wright in an advanced midfield position
- start Stockton
Old 14th March 2019, 07.38:19   #159-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Ben, the thread is called Barrow reaction not season 2018/19 reaction because of a pathetic performance. How can it be OTT as it reflects the game as does the ratings thread.

However the bigger problem may yet unfold unless we address it like you suggest.
Old 14th March 2019, 08.07:17   #160-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Posted via mobile theme
My opinion, too. However, to his credit, he has controlled his temper. But we need better.
Old 14th March 2019, 08.45:10   #161-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Well I wasn’t there and it sounded terrible so absolutely if you pa Do to watch that in atrocious weather then vent all you want.

However, some of the stuff I’m reading is so OTT it’s laughable. An alien reading this would assume we were 20 points adrift at the bottom of the league. Until a narrow defeat v a good team these guys were flying and we were almost unanimously of the view we would win the league.

The last 2 results have been bitterly disappointing but we are making an end of season collapse a self fulfilling prophecy by being so down on the players.

The key things for Saturday:

- back to 433
- make sure we at least work harder and fight harder than them
- ideally get Pearson back. If not someone has to grow the balls to lead from the front
- try and loan a Walker replacement
- play Wright in an advanced midfield position
- start Stockton
I can assure you that the reaction is totally commensurate with the performance.
You had to see it to believe it.
It’s going to take a lot to come back psychologically from such depths and I doubt we will regain the impetus to challenge for the top three.
Old 14th March 2019, 08.55:57   #162-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Posted via mobile theme
The thing I Ike about Jennings is that he is aways trying to make stuff happen. Ok, he will.give the ball away by the corner flag and struggle to get back, bur a lot of our attacking play goes through him.

If he was not blame for at least one of the goals on Tuesday he might have pipped Ruthers as my man of the match!
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.55:23.