Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th March 2019, 11.45:15   #172-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
We have far bigger issues that need addressing before we start thinking about replacing Jennings.
Exactly. Don’t get the Jennings hate, far worse players than him who need shifting out. He is one who actually gives a shit. We would not get better than him, quote me on that if he leaves.
Old 14th March 2019, 11.50:06   #173-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Exactly. Don’t get the Jennings hate, far worse players than him who need shifting out. He is one who actually gives a shit. We would not get better than him, quote me on that if he leaves.

Hate is a bit extreme I don't think anyone hates him I don't I just think their is better out there for next season whatever league we are in.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 14th March 2019, 12.16:34   #174-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Barrow Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Hate is a bit extreme I don't think anyone hates him I don't I just think their is better out there for next season whatever league we are in.
Posted via mobile theme
If we get promoted we could get better I agree.
If we don't I'm not convinced we would. That's more to do with me not being confident that the club could find that player at the right price. The defence (Tuesday night aside) is fine, a new marauding right back would be great but Carrington is fine there in this league.
I'd rather find better midfielders and forward players personally, this is where we have struggled for the last two seasons and is what has ultimately led to our lack of consistency that has cost us the title.
Old 14th March 2019, 12.47:34   #175-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Midfield is the issue. We have our best 2 midfielders our injured at the moment and it shows.
Old 14th March 2019, 12.59:31   #176-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
If we get promoted we could get better I agree.
If we don't I'm not convinced we would. That's more to do with me not being confident that the club could find that player at the right price. The defence (Tuesday night aside) is fine, a new marauding right back would be great but Carrington is fine there in this league.
I'd rather find better midfielders and forward players personally, this is where we have struggled for the last two seasons and is what has ultimately led to our lack of consistency that has cost us the title.

I wasn't expecting replacing Jennings as priority I agree about midfield and upfront but I don't believe Hughes is the man to take us forward either.

But both fullbacks are not good enough imho no pace.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 14th March 2019, 14.24:49   #177-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

We are not good enough this season but we are not far off.
Four or five key players needed over the summer, three midfielders and one RB. Maybe a LB too, if a better one becomes available.

GK

Signing Lainton on is a priority for me with Dibble as back up is good enough.

DEFENCE

LB, I'd keep Jenno (though try and sign better then use Jenno as back up),
RB, we definitely need a better signing here, again keep Roberts as back up.
CB, Pearson, Lawler, Smith, Kennedy and Tharme are perfectly good enough, could argue that we can release one and Loan out Tharme to get him game time (he needs to be getting minutes on the pitch).

MIDFIELD

Needs a complete upgrade, we need hardened midfielders in the mould of Pearson, Lawler and Kennedy to improve the strength of the spine.
This should have been the Continuous Improvement from last season but Ricketts failed then and it is glaringly obvious it hasn't been addressed.
I'd keep Young and Summerfield as back up, then loan out Wright (see Tharme).

UP FRONT

Your not going to like this but I'd stick with what we have initially as the changes to the rest of the team could improve their game.
Oswell and Stockton could come good with improvements made elsewhere, I would say Beavon but he's going to be 35 soon, he has the best work ethic and football brain out of all of our players and if he can go another season I'd use him as the impact sub.
I'd even keep Fondop but loan him out again if he didn't knuckle down.
If however there is the possibility of getting proven goalscorers then they must be brought in.

We have had the best defence for two or three seasons now, last summer should have seen a stronger midfield being put in place, the failure to do that has set us back 12 months and now it will need addressing this coming summer, where we should have been in the position of getting the 15-20 goal a season strikers as the last pieces of the jigsaw.

Equally as important is the set up of a reserve team to give back up players game time to keep them fit and ready to step into the first team when called upon.
It would also be there to develop our own youngsters which we absolutely need to be doing.
Old 14th March 2019, 14.30:00   #178-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I wasn't expecting replacing Jennings as priority I agree about midfield and upfront but I don't believe Hughes is the man to take us forward either.

But both fullbacks are not good enough imho no pace.
Posted via mobile theme
Bit early and harsh to judge BH isn't it?

This isn't his squad of players and he said he wasn't going to change much this season so you shouldn't expect any different.
Personally I've been impressed with him.
Granted on Tuesday he got it badly wrong although I'm not convinced the formation would have made that much difference, I think it was more the players we had out than anything.
Next season will be when we see what he can really do when he can sign his own players and have pre season with the squad and Flynn will also be a huge part of that remember. His contacts book must be like the yellow pages.
Old 14th March 2019, 14.32:49   #179-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisy1 View Post
We are not good enough this season but we are not far off.
Four or five key players needed over the summer, three midfielders and one RB. Maybe a LB too, if a better one becomes available.

GK

Signing Lainton on is a priority for me with Dibble as back up is good enough.

DEFENCE

LB, I'd keep Jenno (though try and sign better then use Jenno as back up),
RB, we definitely need a better signing here, again keep Roberts as back up.
CB, Pearson, Lawler, Smith, Kennedy and Tharme are perfectly good enough, could argue that we can release one and Loan out Tharme to get him game time (he needs to be getting minutes on the pitch).

MIDFIELD

Needs a complete upgrade, we need hardened midfielders in the mould of Pearson, Lawler and Kennedy to improve the strength of the spine.
This should have been the Continuous Improvement from last season but Ricketts failed then and it is glaringly obvious it hasn't been addressed.
I'd keep Young and Summerfield as back up, then loan out Wright (see Tharme).

UP FRONT

Your not going to like this but I'd stick with what we have initially as the changes to the rest of the team could improve their game.
Oswell and Stockton could come good with improvements made elsewhere, I would say Beavon but he's going to be 35 soon, he has the best work ethic and football brain out of all of our players and if he can go another season I'd use him as the impact sub.
I'd even keep Fondop but loan him out again if he didn't knuckle down.
If however there is the possibility of getting proven goalscorers then they must be brought in.

We have had the best defence for two or three seasons now, last summer should have seen a stronger midfield being put in place, the failure to do that has set us back 12 months and now it will need addressing this coming summer, where we should have been in the position of getting the 15-20 goal a season strikers as the last pieces of the jigsaw.

Equally as important is the set up of a reserve team to give back up players game time to keep them fit and ready to step into the first team when called upon.
It would also be there to develop our own youngsters which we absolutely need to be doing.
Kind of tied attacker wise with Oswell and Fondop still having contracts Problem is with our midfield being so poor we don't know if they can do a job or not.

Any funds available needs to be put into two or three quality midfield players who have experience in this league and are not youth team casts off from higher level teams.
Old 14th March 2019, 14.36:11   #180-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Can we really judge Oswell yet? Has he been that bad?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.04:31.