RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Conclusions from tonight (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113609-conclusions-tonight.html)

Ooh aah Paskin 13th March 2019 11.23:33

Re: Conclusions from tonight

Conclusions from last night?

1) The title is gone. No deluding ourselves, even if we win on Saturday it will still put us a point behind Orient and they will have a TWO game cushion on us. They would need to royally f**k it up for us to finish above them now.

2) We are seriously in danger of losing what appeared to be a nailed on top 3 finish a week or so ago. Fylde, Salford and Eastleigh are closing in. In fact, if teams below us simply win their game(s) in hand we will be in 6th.

3) I will probably get flak for saying this but I think we are in danger of slipping out of the play-offs full stop. We aren't that far ahead of the chasing pack now and they are hitting form as we lose ours. Anyone who says this won't happen needs to come off the meds. It can easily happen.

4) Our midfield is a mess. Walker was the only shining light in it (and he isn't our player). No creativity, no hunger, no aggression.

5) When Pearson is out we are a shade of the team we should be. It is clear the players lose focus when he is out, and isn't there to bollock them. Yes, we got a win at BW and a draw at Gateshead without him but I'm beginning to think this was down to the poor opposition and luck than any real fight.

6) Once again, whatever happens at the end of the season, we will need a complete overhaul in the summer.

CRUMBS 13th March 2019 11.31:01

Trouble is aap , we have a management team in now who have no experience at this level , will they think they can bring in young pros from former Premiere clubs , or realise they need experienced pros at this level , with balls , oh and ability .

NottsRed 13th March 2019 11.34:54

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2239900]Trouble is aap , we have a management team in now who have no experience at this level , will they think they can bring in young pros from former Premiere clubs , or realise they need experienced pros at this level , with balls , oh and ability .[/QUOTE]

Jussi, Flynn, Darlington, Hughes - pretty sure theres another as well

Have we got to many fingers in the pie management wise?

Funny_Old_Game 13th March 2019 11.57:30

[QUOTE=jacthelad;2239839]This. We havent played any good football since hes been around. Yet he seems to get a say in managerial appointments and is seen as some sort of coaching guru. What other club in football does the coach have that kind of power
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Best buds with the board ain’t he. Probably gives them signed stuff from all the ex-players on his coaching courses.

Wiltshire_Red 13th March 2019 12.23:17

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2239895]Saturday will be the key. If we get the same again if Pearson is injured then we we will rapidly drop out of the play off places.

Im hoping that last night will be a wake up call and we are frantically on the phone today to try and get a loan midfielder in who can do the basics i.e pass the ball and move it forward.

Other conclusion from last night is that any chance of the automatic place is gone.[/QUOTE]

If we don’t win (and win convincingly) on Saturday then definitely time to start worrying, as Maidstone have been struggling for a few months. One bad display and result can happen, but another against a relegation team at home would be disastrous

noisy1 13th March 2019 13.02:24

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2239896]Conclusions from last night?

1) The title is gone. No deluding ourselves, even if we win on Saturday it will still put us a point behind Orient and they will have a TWO game cushion on us. They would need to royally f**k it up for us to finish above them now.

2) We are seriously in danger of losing what appeared to be a nailed on top 3 finish a week or so ago. Fylde, Salford and Eastleigh are closing in. In fact, if teams below us simply win their game(s) in hand we will be in 6th.

3) I will probably get flak for saying this but I think we are in danger of slipping out of the play-offs full stop. We aren't that far ahead of the chasing pack now and they are hitting form as we lose ours. Anyone who says this won't happen needs to come off the meds. It can easily happen.

4) Our midfield is a mess. Walker was the only shining light in it (and he isn't our player). No creativity, no hunger, no aggression.

5) When Pearson is out we are a shade of the team we should be. It is clear the players lose focus when he is out, and isn't there to bollock them. Yes, we got a win at BW and a draw at Gateshead without him but I'm beginning to think this was down to the poor opposition and luck than any real fight.

6) Once again, whatever happens at the end of the season, we will need a complete overhaul in the summer.[/QUOTE]

Agree with you on this.

The last two games have been a reality check, against LO we had a few anonymous players and last night, everyone went AWOL. Not good enough.
Until I saw how we played last Saturday, I was relatively confident of a top three spot and felt we would have earned that.
Since Saturday, I fear that the slide down the table has begun, a feeling intensified by the loss of Walker and the performance last night.

Yet another major rebuild is required over the summer, how can we expect Continuous Improvement when we are always ripping it up and starting again?
We have had a solid defence for the last two or three seasons, the next step should have been to strengthen midfield, we all saw that, so why have so many failed to do this?

Our support has been amazing but fans are fickle and unless the squad gets a major kick up the arse to instill a large amount of passion and pride, more drab performances like the last two will see many fans turning their back on the club.

pagl 13th March 2019 13.25:26

[QUOTE=noisy1;2239940]Our support has been amazing but fans are fickle and unless the squad gets a major kick up the arse to instill a large amount of passion and pride, more drab performances like the last two will see many fans turning their back on the club.[/QUOTE]

I am at despair stage for this season. Last night was a huge kick and I cannot see BH turning it round for Saturday with players that are available.
Sorry but Gashman will never make a footballer whilst he has 2 feet that cannot stand him up. Grant is shite and so are Oswell and Stockton.

If we don’t make the play offs then I can’t see me trying to get to all home games next season. Spencer’s holier than though and controlling attitude has led me to question my priorities and I will pick games based on league form and opposition. Why should I back someone who is more important than the club.

Lesjonno 13th March 2019 14.14:04

The conclusion is we need someone to win the Eurobillions lottery and buy most of Man City’s players. Failing that, that bloke who turned water into wine to manage us.

billybersham 13th March 2019 14.17:45

[QUOTE=Lesjonno;2239951]The conclusion is we need someone to win the Eurobillions lottery and buy most of Man City’s players. Failing that, that bloke who turned water into wine to manage us.[/QUOTE]

No point turning to a lottery winner our top men would not speak to them.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.15:30.