Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th March 2019, 21.31:40   #64-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Default Re: Conclusions from tonight

I am glad I didnt feel fit enough to go last night , as my blood pressure wasnt at risk|!!
It obviously it was really crap and whatever the reasons , be it the wind /conditions ,absence of leaders at the back ,or the club cat having the diarrhea I still find it depressing that people think its dead funny to start kicking the first thing they can get a good laugh out of !
Time to see if the 2 Bri's can make a real difference after that shambles .
Thats all I am going to say , not twenty posts a day on the same sort of theme ad nauseum
Old 13th March 2019, 21.33:11   #65-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
We may scape into the playoffs. If we do I hope we don't go a goal down as we never score from this situation. You never know we may fluke the playoff games and win them with our normal default win of 1-0. Being realistic, we will probably lose the first play off game 1-0. If and when we do it is yet again at the end of the season another heavy pruning of the majority of the current dross we have. Re build again. Will we ever get back into the league. I hope Orient and the moneybags ( get them out of the way as money generally always talks) go up this season, as what is coming down into our league hopefully should not be a threat next season.
Notts County are a bigger club than we are - and will probably bounce back pretty quickly once they sort out their current off-field problems
Old 13th March 2019, 21.40:35   #66-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffy View Post
I am glad I didnt feel fit enough to go last night , as my blood pressure wasnt at risk|!!
It obviously it was really crap and whatever the reasons , be it the wind /conditions ,absence of leaders at the back ,or the club cat having the diarrhea I still find it depressing that people think its dead funny to start kicking the first thing they can get a good laugh out of !
Time to see if the 2 Bri's can make a real difference after that shambles .
Thats all I am going to say , not twenty posts a day on the same sort of theme ad nauseum
Spoilsport!

Nothing to do with the wind etc

Lack of leaders in key areas, lack of ability in general, and maybe the change to a more attacking formation threw a couple of the players too

I am trying to work out why I wasn’t feeling the urge to rant at any of the players during the game, like I occasionally do....and in hindsight it’s cos (this just my own view) I can’t say the lads weren’t trying. Even Roberts who has had a right pasting in the last 24 hours on here, he didn’t Hide, he Was trying. The effort was there from them all. We were.....just Shit.

So you didn’t miss what I would class as a lazy or disinterested performance from the players, just an inept one.

Cheers.
Old 13th March 2019, 21.52:34   #67-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Really need a model here like the Swansea pre Americans one - outside investment but still a strong 30/40% fan ownership. The length of time we have been in Conference has shown that the Club board has failed on the pitch. The Barrow debacle was blatant amateurism and one mistake too far after the Andy Davies and Gary Mills shambolics.Club board have even alienated brilliant club men like Richard Ulrich and Paul Smith this season.
If we do not even achieve play offs this season Spencer needs to step aside and FOR ONCE we need to try to attract investors. They have had their chance to take us up and unfortunately failed miserably. Our gates and away support show the potential of the club with now the best time to try plan B. Surely no dedicated Wrexham fan can argue with that.
Not all investors are property developers. Staying with something which is not working is not the way to achieve promotion to the Football League.

Last edited by Rob Edwards; 13th March 2019 at 21.54:37..
Old 13th March 2019, 23.03:16   #68-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Really need a model here like the Swansea pre Americans one - outside investment but still a strong 30/40% fan ownership. The length of time we have been in Conference has shown that the Club board has failed on the pitch. The Barrow debacle was blatant amateurism and one mistake too far after the Andy Davies and Gary Mills shambolics.Club board have even alienated brilliant club men like Richard Ulrich and Paul Smith this season.
If we do not even achieve play offs this season Spencer needs to step aside and FOR ONCE we need to try to attract investors. They have had their chance to take us up and unfortunately failed miserably. Our gates and away support show the potential of the club with now the best time to try plan B. Surely no dedicated Wrexham fan can argue with that.
Not all investors are property developers. Staying with something which is not working is not the way to achieve promotion to the Football League.
Playing devils advocate here......who in their right mind INVESTS in football clubs.It's a sure fire way to lose money.

It's for people with money to burn who would do it purely for the kudos that goes with it.

Know anyone who fits the bill ? Thought not.We've got what we've got.

Talk of investors is frankly akin to Theresa Mays' deal getting through parliament
Old 13th March 2019, 23.55:47   #69-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Over 95% of clubs have investors-but I am not talking about a 100% investment anyway. Other clubs manage it - the likes of Accrington in L1 with much lower gates than us.
Are you saying there is not a single person/company in North Wales who would like the kudos of investing in us?
You have listened too much over the years to the board spin doctors.

Last edited by Rob Edwards; 14th March 2019 at 00.00:22..
Old 14th March 2019, 00.46:17   #70-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Playing devils advocate here......who in their right mind INVESTS in football clubs.It's a sure fire way to lose money.

It's for people with money to burn who would do it purely for the kudos that goes with it.

Know anyone who fits the bill ? Thought not.We've got what we've got.

Talk of investors is frankly akin to Theresa Mays' deal getting through parliament
Totally brainwashed by the spin.
Other than fan owned clubs then most other clubs have boards that put money into their clubs. The ones that struggle are the ones with very little investment.
Old 14th March 2019, 05.53:31   #71-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolly dagger View Post
I'm sure you'll be missed.
And what if 10% of fans feel the same way, would you be pleased to see them turn their backs on the club?

It doesn't take many who decide to stay away each week to make a massive difference to the budget.

400 fans X £17 a ticket X 23 home games = £156400
Old 14th March 2019, 06.06:06   #72-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolly dagger View Post
I'm sure you'll be missed.
Hmm. You think its a kind of I’m not there this week give me a call if your missing me. I dont give a fk. If we fail to reach the play offs this time then it really is down to the fk up by the WAFC board in January.

I ask myself do I want to be part of something week in and week out that is controlled by Spencer Harris and his games. The answer is no and I will pick and choose the better fixtures or go if were playing well like the other bandwaggoners.

The whole managerial affair has left a sour taste for me and also shown that the WST were not prepared to act on it or back RU publicly in anyway.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.19:27.