RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexham AFC agm (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113614-wrexham-afc-agm.html)

wafc1926 13th March 2019 12.40:58

Wrexham AFC agm

The minutes of the November WST board meeting quoted Wrexham AFC Financial Director Mark Williams suggesting the Club agm would be held in the first week of January. This event never happened and we are now in the middle of March. Anyone have information regarding a revised date?

Phils-an-alki 13th March 2019 13.11:38

Re: Wrexham AFC agm

I'm guessing Wrexham AFC Financial Director Mark Williams may be best person to ask.

billybersham 13th March 2019 13.15:11

I noticed the wst programme shop has now closed,is it relocating or shut for good?

RED2309 13th March 2019 14.45:00

[QUOTE=billybersham;2239930]I noticed the wst programme shop has now closed,is it relocating or shut for good?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it just to sell MRS tickets and this is now done in the MRS foyer?

WrexhamO 13th March 2019 14.54:02

[QUOTE=billybersham;2239930]I noticed the wst programme shop has now closed,is it relocating or shut for good?[/QUOTE]

WST Board Meeting Minutes 30th Jan 2019:

"The board thanked Wayne of the Turf for providing the Trust shop in his premises but he now required the space for other uses and so we will have to consider where else to locate the shop."

Also:

"The Club AGM should be ready to be announced soon"

wafc1926 13th March 2019 15.02:26

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2239949]WST Board Meeting Minutes 30th Jan 2019:

"The board thanked Wayne of the Turf for providing the Trust shop in his premises but he now required the space for other uses and so we will have to consider where else to locate the shop."

Also:

"The Club AGM should be ready to be announced soon"[/QUOTE]

Thank you Mr O.

Inside Left 13th March 2019 18.29:38

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2239950]Thank you Mr O.[/QUOTE]

And thanks to Wayne for the use of his Turf annex.
WST used it for a while and after a brief period returned. Oh and thanks to all who have served there over the years ! :)

wafc1926 16th March 2019 07.04:18

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2239949]WST Board Meeting Minutes 30th Jan 2019:

"The Club AGM should be ready to be announced soon"[/QUOTE]

You probably know more than me on these matters so :-
1 Is there a period of notice the Club must give for an agm?
2 When do the 2018 accounts have to be filed with Companies House?
3 Can the accounts be filed prior to Members' approval at an agm?

Thanks again.

Screwe Alexander 16th March 2019 09.34:38

[email]Mark.Williams@wst.org.uk[/email]
[email]Treasurer@wst.org.uk[/email]

Why not try emailing them directly?

wafc1926 16th March 2019 09.59:37

[QUOTE=Screwe Alexander;2240653][email]Mark.Williams@wst.org.uk[/email]
[email]Treasurer@wst.org.uk[/email]

Why not try emailing them directly?[/QUOTE]

With respect , it is the Club's duty to notify Members regarding important events like this not the other way round. This is a discussion board and I am raising what I believe is a legitimate point of view.

FieldtownRed 16th March 2019 10.06:43

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2240658]With respect , it is the Club's duty to notify Members regarding important events like this not the other way round. This is a discussion board and I am raising what I believe is a legitimate point of view.[/QUOTE]

Surely they will notify us when it is going to happen - as they usually do. They don’t usually wait for members to ask before announcing it.

If you’re wondering why they haven’t announced it, as per the previous post, why not contact them directly?

Haruki 28th March 2019 11.05:08

The football club's accounts are due to be filed with company house on 31st March so i presume from that members don't get to see them first.

For information these accounts cover the year up to 30th June 2018. Danny Ward joined Leicester July 2018 so don't expect to see that revenue in this set of accounts but we will see the transfer of Neil Taylor. From memory, in that period we also received smaller fees for the early loans of Curtis Tilt and John Rooney and we paid fees for Kevin Roberts and Nicky Deverdicks

Phils-an-alki 28th March 2019 11.34:16

[QUOTE=Haruki;2243684]The football club's accounts are due to be filed with company house on 31st March so i presume from that members don't get to see them first.

For information these accounts cover the year up to 30th June 2018. Danny Ward joined Leicester July 2018 so don't expect to see that revenue in this set of accounts but we will see the transfer of Neil Taylor. From memory, in that period we also received smaller fees for the early loans of Curtis Tilt and John Rooney and [B]we paid fees for Kevin Roberts and Nicky Deverdicks[/B][/QUOTE]

:jaw-drop:

Nibs 28th March 2019 11.39:17

Finance director should be about the only guy who’s happy at Wrexham. Obviously has a lot of weight to influence strategies...

wafc1926 28th March 2019 11.59:09

[QUOTE=Haruki;2243684]The football club's accounts are due to be filed with company house on 31st March so i presume from that members don't get to see them first.

[/QUOTE]

Would be very unhappy if accounts are filed without being approved by WST Members and Wrexham AFC Owners.

Haruki 28th March 2019 12.21:17

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2243697]Would be very unhappy if accounts are filed without being approved by WST Members and Wrexham AFC Owners.[/QUOTE]

Given the time frame it is either that or they will be filed late. Not sure which is the greater sin to be honest but either way it is not good protocol in my opinion.

I have also noticed that WST assets Limited is also due to be filed on 31st March. Last years accounts for that company were filed on 29th March, I don't remember seeing a copy of them, were they circulated to members and I missed it perhaps? The company is wholy owned by the WST so should be treated as per the football club.

Quay Red 28th March 2019 12.57:45

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2243697]Would be very unhappy if accounts are filed without being approved by WST Members and Wrexham AFC Owners.[/QUOTE]

Why would you be unhappy?
The filed accounts would lack the detail that Mark presents at the AGM and our accountants would have already approved them.
Members are free to question the accounts during the AGM.
There does appear to be a delay in organising the meeting but I believe it's due to Mark having work commitments that sees him out of the country. (Not 100% sure on this)

WrexhamO 28th March 2019 14.25:05

WST Board Meeting 28/11/18:

"MW arrived at 20:45- the audited accounts were with McClintocks. He hoped to hold the FC AGM in the first week of January."

cpr7 28th March 2019 19.34:32

[URL="https://www.wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/5392-financial-statements-for-year-ending-30th-june-2018"]https://www.wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/5392-financial-statements-for-year-ending-30th-june-2018[/URL]

krux 28th March 2019 19.57:45

108k loss should help the corporation tax liability this year.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

draigwrecsam 28th March 2019 19.58:03

April 11th

The Only Way Is Up 29th March 2019 06.29:47

WST is owned by its members, but the AGM under discussion is Wrexham AFCs and not the Trust's.

Trust members should approve the WST accounts at its AGM, but do not have to approve Wrexham AFC's accounts.

Trust members are not individual shareholders of Wrexham AFC.

Willywill 29th March 2019 08.47:09

I am sure that this makes it crystal clear, for some. I thought that the club was owned by a co operative known as WST and that shares from the previous regime were just history. If I was retired, and had all day to try and understand this, I might just achieve that. As it is, I will smile sweetly, and just attend games.

Diggle 29th March 2019 09.25:52

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2243813]WST is owned by its members, but the AGM under discussion is Wrexham AFCs and not the Trust's.

Trust members should approve the WST accounts at its AGM, but do not have to approve Wrexham AFC's accounts.

Trust members are not individual shareholders of Wrexham AFC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, t seems like very important information.

I wasn't aware of this, which may put me in a minority but I wonder how many Trust members are also unaware and naively assume that membership of WST means they have financial involvement with Wrexham F.C.

Quay Red 29th March 2019 10.05:13

[QUOTE=Diggle;2243831]Thanks for this, t seems like very important information.

I wasn't aware of this, which may put me in a minority but I wonder how many Trust members are also unaware and naively assume that membership of WST means they have financial involvement with Wrexham F.C.[/QUOTE]

Mixed messages coming through here.
Originally, supporters were only members of the Trust.
I think it was 3 years ago that all became members of the football club automatically.
Part of this move was to ensure that members felt they belonged to the Football club rather than just the trust.
We have all got an interest in the football club as the trust owns the club.

wafc1926 29th March 2019 14.54:00

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2243813]WST is owned by its members, but the AGM under discussion is Wrexham AFCs and not the Trust's.

Is this just your personal interpretation or the official line?

Inside Left 29th March 2019 16.10:05

So there is little point in attending the club AGM.

Quay Red 29th March 2019 16.25:38

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2243908]So there is little point in attending the club AGM.[/QUOTE]

See post #25.
Trust members are Football club members.
The ID cards issued are from the football club.

Inside Left 29th March 2019 18.53:19

thanks> I thought something had changed.

The Only Way Is Up 29th March 2019 20.13:21

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2243847]Mixed messages coming through here.
Originally, supporters were only members of the Trust.
I think it was 3 years ago that all became members of the football club automatically.
Part of this move was to ensure that members felt they belonged to the Football club rather than just the trust.
We have all got an interest in the football club as the trust owns the club.[/QUOTE]

I feel that this information doesn't clarify the situation regarding the original comment that was made by one poster, which was:

[I]Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926
Would be very unhappy if accounts are filed without being approved by WST Members and Wrexham AFC Owners.[/I]

It is normal practice with any business or similar organisation for that organisation's Treasurer (or Finance Director) to approve the accounts which had earlier been prepared by the appointed Accountant(s). It is not customary for shareholders or members to be the ones that approve the accounts. It is normal for the notice of an AGM to include an agenda and also a copy of those approved accounts, in order that the accounts may be discussed at the AGM.

Members of the Trust are each allocated a £1 share in the Trust. They have no shares in the football club. They may be called members of the club, but that doesn't bestow upon them any voting rights, any more than being a member of your local pub gives you a right to vote on accounting procedures.

Attending the Football Club's AGM allows "members" to be present to hear the Directors' summary of the year gone by, and to offer opinions and to ask questions when invited to do so.

Membership of the Club is intended to bring the supporters that are also members of the Trust as close as possible to the club, and to participate in events such as helping to choose the kit from amongst a selection.

As I stated in a previous post, the Club is owned by the Trust (not by the Club members) and the Trust is owned by the Trust Members. There is therefore a link between the club and the Trust, but it doesn't extend to club members having shareholder privileges in the club.

Both the Trust and the Club will have separate AGMs and separate sets of accounts as they are separate entities.

I hope that helps some here.

aussiejackoinsaudi 29th March 2019 20.28:35

Weren't shares offered in the club a few years ago? 100 or 200 pounds a share was the cost. Am I dreaming this or did it happen?

krux 29th March 2019 20.52:02

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2243962]Weren't shares offered in the club a few years ago? 100 or 200 pounds a share was the cost. Am I dreaming this or did it happen?[/QUOTE]

The community share scheme? What happened to that?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

The Only Way Is Up 30th March 2019 05.01:53

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2243962]Weren't shares offered in the club a few years ago? 100 or 200 pounds a share was the cost. Am I dreaming this or did it happen?[/QUOTE]

The Community Shares scheme enabled members of the WST to buy shares in the Trust, but not in the Football Club.

The shares that were purchased in the Trust did not change the Trust principle of "One member, one share."

More information here: [url=http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/membership1/community-shares/wst-community-share-offer-faq]WST Community Shares[/url]

and here: [url=http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/membership1/community-shares/wst-community-share-offer-launch-presentation]WST Community Shares[/url]

wafc1926 30th March 2019 09.41:45

I am a little confused by the list of Directors who served during the year. Only two names are listed , those being Gavin Jones and Mark Williams. Is this a mistake or have I missed something?

wafc1926 30th March 2019 09.46:47

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2243957]I feel that this information doesn't clarify the situation regarding the original comment that was made by one poster, which was:

[I]Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926
Would be very unhappy if accounts are filed without being approved by WST Members and Wrexham AFC Owners.[/I]

It is normal practice with any business or similar organisation for that organisation's Treasurer (or Finance Director) to approve the accounts which had earlier been prepared by the appointed Accountant(s). It is not customary for shareholders or members to be the ones that approve the accounts. It is normal for the notice of an AGM to include an agenda and also a copy of those approved accounts, in order that the accounts may be discussed at the AGM.

Members of the Trust are each allocated a £1 share in the Trust. They have no shares in the football club. They may be called members of the club, but that doesn't bestow upon them any voting rights, any more than being a member of your local pub gives you a right to vote on accounting procedures.

Attending the Football Club's AGM allows "members" to be present to hear the Directors' summary of the year gone by, and to offer opinions and to ask questions when invited to do so.

Membership of the Club is intended to bring the supporters that are also members of the Trust as close as possible to the club, and to participate in events such as helping to choose the kit from amongst a selection.

As I stated in a previous post, the Club is owned by the Trust (not by the Club members) and the Trust is owned by the Trust Members. There is therefore a link between the club and the Trust, but it doesn't extend to club members having shareholder privileges in the club.

Both the Trust and the Club will have separate AGMs and separate sets of accounts as they are separate entities.

I hope that helps some here.[/QUOTE]

Just picked up on this post and thanks for your contribution. Are you posting on behalf of the Club or WST?

The Only Way Is Up 30th March 2019 09.57:07

According to Companies House, the Club had two serving directors during its accounting year to 30th June 2018, those being as stated above.

Do not confuse directors of the WST and directors of Wrexham AFC Ltd.

I post as a member of the Trust, on behalf of myself only, having read the WAFC and the WST websites for information about the matters discussed, as well the information that is freely available from Companies House.

wafc1926 30th March 2019 10.08:49

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2244030]According to Companies House, the Club had two serving directors during its accounting year to 30th June 2018, those being as stated above.

Do not confuse directors of the WST and directors of Wrexham AFC Ltd.[/QUOTE]
Thank you once again.I have a Match Programme in front of me dated February 24th 2018 in front of me listing the following Wrexham AFC Directors:-
Spencer Harris
Gavin Jones
John Mills
Mark Williams
Phil Salmon

Is this information wrong or is the information in the Financial Package incorrect?
I think you'll also find that the WST board does not have Directors , but Chairman , Vice Chairman , Secretary , Treasurer, and Members.

Quay Red 30th March 2019 10.11:25

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2244037]Thank you once again.I have a Match Programme in front of me dated February 24th 2018 in front of me listing the following Wrexham AFC Directors:-
Spencer Harris
Gavin Jones
John Mills
Mark Williams
Phil Salmon

Is this information wrong or is the information in the Financial Package incorrect?
I think you'll also find that the WST board does not have Directors , but Chairman , Vice Chairman , Secretary , Treasurer, and Members.[/QUOTE]

Whilst there are more Directors on the list you have posted, I'm not sure that all need to be listed on the declaration for Companies House.

aussiejackoinsaudi 30th March 2019 10.25:44

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2243998]The Community Shares scheme enabled members of the WST to buy shares in the Trust, but not in the Football Club.

The shares that were purchased in the Trust did not change the Trust principle of "One member, one share."

More information here: [url=http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/membership1/community-shares/wst-community-share-offer-faq]WST Community Shares[/url]

and here: [url=http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/membership1/community-shares/wst-community-share-offer-launch-presentation]WST Community Shares[/url][/QUOTE]

So if you own community shares are you a member of the WST?

The Only Way Is Up 30th March 2019 11.51:49

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2244044]So if you own community shares are you a member of the WST?[/QUOTE]

Yes- on the basis that only members of the WST could invest in them

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.14:17.