Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th March 2019, 16.10:21   #19-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: flynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Personally i would have maintained the 4-3-3 system and used Rutherford as the third midfielder with the brief to use his energy to get around the pitch harrying and harassing opponents. Ricketts used him there a few times and I thought he was pretty effective and gave us energy in the centre of the park. We then had 3 from four of Tollit, Beavon, Oswell and McGleashan up top although personally i think Holroyd deserves a chance in the front three seeing as he scored 14 goals last season.

Other options for the third midfield slot were Deverdicks and Kennedy, the latter choice meaning Tharme slotted in an centre back.

The point is he was't forced to play 4-4-2 he had three options of maintaining the team shame and system. 4-3-3 got us to the top of the league before the Orient game, the players have been playing it all season and are well drilled. The change to 4-4-2 presumably had only Monday to practice team shape as Sunday would have been a day off.

Yozzer got it horribly wrong and showed his naivety. You simply can't wing games in the National League with only two in centre midfield, they aren't good enough players to cover all of the disciplines required.
That massively excuses the players for their inept clueless performances. Formations aside if as PD rightly says you can't even get the basics right you could have a team set up by Ferguson Mourhino and Pep and you'd still lose.
Plus why didn't one of the senior players out there get hold of a few of them and take control. If Keates in his pomp would have been out there I'm pretty sure he would have.
Hopefully was just a one off, a bad day that's not repeated again this season...

P.s. Re Deverdics - I think we all agree he isn't good enough, has done nothing since he signed and when given chances he failed to take them. It speaks volumes he didn't even make the bench.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 14th March 2019 at 16.12:36..
Old 14th March 2019, 16.15:36   #20-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd

Many players have arrived, most of them have gone...so have the managers.

We find ourselves in the same position over and over again.

The only constant has been Darlington. Are his tactics holding us back?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 14th March 2019, 17.01:24   #21-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Someone grab Sparky and hold him back..
I don't feel anger, just pity.
Old 14th March 2019, 17.17:32   #22-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sleeping giant dies View Post
now that everyone has stopped having an orgasm about flynn the messiah is back,except me. i am not a fan of flynns.so how much of an imbut is he having on the team, hes not on the touchline with the other three clueless ones, but sitting in the stands. we have not performed since he came on board. the money were paying him could and should have been used to pay a decent strikers wages, flynn can t score but a striker can and thats whats needed. the board are wasting the money the club has. we ll make the playoffs just but only for one round then its back to the two year plan and not enough money to bring in decent players. we should have got a decent manager in by now and been out of this league four years ago, the board are penny pinching cheap option every time
I very much doubt the combination of Hughes and Flynn is a cheap option and the employment of Flynn removes the need for a Director of Football.

Money was available for Ricketts and Barrow (when he took over) and targets had been identified including an attempt to get Rowe here (allegedly).

As for Tuesday night yes the tactics backfired but the performance of the players compounded the failure and lack of ball retention meant we kept putting ourselves back under pressure throughout the game.

Barrow despite this being their third game in a week showed more energy and determination than us although the space we gave them made it easy.

We cannot with whats available at present replace Walker in midfield and I fear this will ost us further points.
Old 14th March 2019, 17.19:14   #23-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex Red View Post
Many players have arrived, most of them have gone...so have the managers.

We find ourselves in the same position over and over again.

The only constant has been Darlington. Are his tactics holding us back?
Posted via mobile theme
My understanding is that its his preferred 433 option and he doesnt like 442.
Its his TNS days but they could have played any formation and still win the league.

Is 433 a WAFC board mandate? Dont know.
This formation is OK but you need a good front 3 and thats something we dont have. 442 at this point would be better but not Young and Wright.
Old 14th March 2019, 18.34:03   #24-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sleeping giant dies View Post
now that everyone has stopped having an orgasm about flynn the messiah is back,except me. i am not a fan of flynns.so how much of an imbut is he having on the team, hes not on the touchline with the other three clueless ones, but sitting in the stands. we have not performed since he came on board. the money were paying him could and should have been used to pay a decent strikers wages, flynn can t score but a striker can and thats whats needed. the board are wasting the money the club has. we ll make the playoffs just but only for one round then its back to the two year plan and not enough money to bring in decent players. we should have got a decent manager in by now and been out of this league four years ago, the board are penny pinching cheap option every time
In this thread, someone who knows nothing about football, complains about someone who knows a lot about football not being able to instantly turn a team of mediocre players brought in by a snakeoil salesman into championship winners.
Old 14th March 2019, 19.20:48   #25-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

There will be much debate on Flynn but this shouldn't be taken out of context after Tuesday's performance.

I think the wider picture here is as a club the board have gambled massively with Hughes which they then tried to dampen down the critics with Flynn. It's a worry to me personally that bar Hughes the rest of the entire back room staff are part time.

Darlington as we no is a Friday and game day, while Jussi and Flynn are both contracted for two days. Flynn still has a major role at Norwich and if they get promoted who knows what he will do.

Flynn is highly unlikely to be on the grass coaching so is Hughes a manager, coach or both? Jussi may coach but under Ricketts was given the job of set pieces and Dan Nolan is around in the interim but here is a guy with no real coaching qualifications and overseen the worst youth team performance for a number of years and a dwindling center of excellence where players are leaving freely to other clubs due to poor training and games programs.

The question shouldn't be solely on Flynn but the entire management team.
Old 14th March 2019, 19.22:39   #26-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

I thought Jussi had no contract and was expenses only?
Old 14th March 2019, 19.29:14   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

As others have said it sounds like the perfect storm and the proverbial bad day at the office. If we lose on Saturday I may reconsider but I think we just have to write it off and not have every player staff and board member burnt at the stake.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.56:35.