RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   January window signings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113617-january-window-signings.html)

davewilli 17th March 2019 20.47:46

Re: January window signings

[QUOTE=Cornish Taff;2241219]Keats messed up the possible signing of Padraig Amond, now scoring for fun in the F.A.Cup and Div.2.[/QUOTE]

Allegedly, but another player who chose FL.

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 18th March 2019 07.23:34

Flynn wants to bring Massanka back next season on a permanent deal

benwilliams 18th March 2019 07.28:50

[QUOTE=Wrexham_fan_4eva!;2241247]Flynn wants to bring Massanka back next season on a permanent deal[/QUOTE]

Bullsh1t

Ooh aah Paskin 18th March 2019 08.53:06

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2241163]With Maidstone looking likely to go down, I'd try and get Turgott. I know he didn't play well yesterday... was told he had an operation which has since set him back. Still worth a punt if they cant keep him[/QUOTE]

Depending on the league we are in next season I would be happy to take a punt on Turgott, if he is willing.

But only if we are still down here.

ColwynBayGaz 18th March 2019 10.41:33

[QUOTE=Wrexham_fan_4eva!;2241247]Flynn wants to bring Massanka back next season on a permanent deal[/QUOTE]
:hurray::hurray::hurray:

I do love your posts. ____ wants ___ next season, fill in the blank with names people will bite at.

OneLoveWrexham 18th March 2019 17.33:59

#TopBantz

pagl 19th March 2019 07.29:08

[QUOTE=davewilli;2241113]You didn't answer the question, but yes we all would like higher standards but we have to be realistic.

Unless we pay the sort of salaries Salford allegedly do, then what are the chances of us attracting a proven goalscorer at L2 or NL level anywhere near his prime.[/QUOTE]

A forward line of Kosylo, Udoh and Hulme would be well within our budget and probably 30 goals better. I dont buy into this cant afford myth.

There are plenty of players looking to establish themselves and its putting in place a recruitment strategy rather than a random approach.

davewilli 19th March 2019 08.06:10

[QUOTE=pagl;2241398]A forward line of Kosylo, Udoh and Hulme would be well within our budget and probably 30 goals better. I dont buy into this cant afford myth.

There are plenty of players looking to establish themselves and its putting in place a recruitment strategy rather than a random approach.[/QUOTE]

Where did I say we can't afford? It seems well known we are paying decent contracts. Those type of players are well within our budget especially if we had taken a punt on them before they starting to show some consistent form. What I was saying is; if they become available now we will be competing with FL clubs and even if we more than match wages/package will they come to us.

pagl 19th March 2019 08.22:42

[QUOTE=davewilli;2241404]Where did I say we can't afford? It seems well known we are paying decent contracts. Those type of players are well within our budget especially if we had taken a punt on them before they starting to show some consistent form. What I was saying is; if they become available now we will be competing with FL clubs and even if we more than match wages/package will they come to us.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I must have misunderstood -
Unless we pay the sort of salaries Salford allegedly do, then what are the chances of us attracting a proven goalscorer at L2 or NL level anywhere near his prime. :)

For me the key is to establish a strategy and any manager then knows what it is.
Obviously they can work outside it when needed but the principal should be to attract players from ‘smaller’ clubs especially as we have no youth or reserve policy. Maybe you disagree.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.40:33.