Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th March 2019, 08.06:10   #71-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: January window signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
A forward line of Kosylo, Udoh and Hulme would be well within our budget and probably 30 goals better. I dont buy into this cant afford myth.

There are plenty of players looking to establish themselves and its putting in place a recruitment strategy rather than a random approach.
Where did I say we can't afford? It seems well known we are paying decent contracts. Those type of players are well within our budget especially if we had taken a punt on them before they starting to show some consistent form. What I was saying is; if they become available now we will be competing with FL clubs and even if we more than match wages/package will they come to us.

Last edited by davewilli; 19th March 2019 at 08.08:12..
Old 19th March 2019, 08.22:42   #72-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Where did I say we can't afford? It seems well known we are paying decent contracts. Those type of players are well within our budget especially if we had taken a punt on them before they starting to show some consistent form. What I was saying is; if they become available now we will be competing with FL clubs and even if we more than match wages/package will they come to us.
Ok. I must have misunderstood -
Unless we pay the sort of salaries Salford allegedly do, then what are the chances of us attracting a proven goalscorer at L2 or NL level anywhere near his prime.

For me the key is to establish a strategy and any manager then knows what it is.
Obviously they can work outside it when needed but the principal should be to attract players from ‘smaller’ clubs especially as we have no youth or reserve policy. Maybe you disagree.
Old 19th March 2019, 12.40:38   #73-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Ok. I must have misunderstood -
Unless we pay the sort of salaries Salford allegedly do, then what are the chances of us attracting a proven goalscorer at L2 or NL level anywhere near his prime.

For me the key is to establish a strategy and any manager then knows what it is.
Obviously they can work outside it when needed but the principal should be to attract players from ‘smaller’ clubs especially as we have no youth or reserve policy. Maybe you disagree.
I think we agree on the strategy, but most fans want that elusive 20 goal striker like yesterday not in 9-12 months time.
Other than MFT & Wright (who were straight into the first team squad anyway) we haven't brought in these type of players, maybe Oswell who was showing great promise this time last year in NL North.
Old 20th March 2019, 07.47:14   #74-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

I still think it comes back to sorting the midfield out. As we saw Boden couldn't score with us yet in another squad hes scoring for fun.

Two quality midfield signings who can create and chip in with some goals.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.28:14.