Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th March 2019, 19.32:08   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default 35 days

Evening snowflakes, time for a bit of an uplift in confidence needed on her if you ask me.

So, from next Saturday until the end of the season, we’ve got 35 days when our fate will be decided.

Seven league matches, all 1-0 winnable if you ask me.

My key to promotion? Cole Stockton. Just a hunch. He only scores in bursts. Goes from about 2 in 38 to suddenly hitting 10 in 7. He needs a chance. He’s got seven games to make himself a hero and we need goals.

As for the 35 days business, Leyton Orient have ten games in that time. Plenty of twists and turns still to come. Gotta be honest, didn’t think The O’s looked like a team who’ll run away with it last Saturday so it’s all to play for. Everyone plays more often than us. We’ll be the freshest team around and we don’t need play any of our close rivals.

Seven wins gives us the league for sure and I think six probably does too.

Great run in, better than everyone else’s.

Come on boys, a more big push. Do it.

Believe.

We’d have taken this at the start of the season.
Old 16th March 2019, 19.41:44   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Default Re: 35 days

Old 16th March 2019, 19.47:58   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasby Red View Post
Evening snowflakes, time for a bit of an uplift in confidence needed on her if you ask me.

So, from next Saturday until the end of the season, we’ve got 35 days when our fate will be decided.

Seven league matches, all 1-0 winnable if you ask me.

My key to promotion? Cole Stockton. Just a hunch. He only scores in bursts. Goes from about 2 in 38 to suddenly hitting 10 in 7. He needs a chance. He’s got seven games to make himself a hero and we need goals.

As for the 35 days business, Leyton Orient have ten games in that time. Plenty of twists and turns still to come. Gotta be honest, didn’t think The O’s looked like a team who’ll run away with it last Saturday so it’s all to play for. Everyone plays more often than us. We’ll be the freshest team around and we don’t need play any of our close rivals.

Seven wins gives us the league for sure and I think six probably does too.

Great run in, better than everyone else’s.

Come on boys, a more big push. Do it.

Believe.

We’d have taken this at the start of the season.
Admirable positivity & optimism - but ultimately based on nothing and what ifs.
Stockton going on a scoring spree? Being the 'freshest' team?
Well problem with the first one is Stockton wasn't even in the squad today - doesn't indicate that Hughes rates him much. Problem with the second one is we could be the 'freshest' team in the world but it won't help when our players struggle to create chances, struggle to dominate and be clinical, struggle to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, struggle to be positive and creative in possession, struggle to score goals...

So rather than the 'snowflake' jibe you should consider that people are rightly frustrated and fearful based on what they're seeing on a game by game basis...
Old 16th March 2019, 20.01:37   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
Admirable positivity & optimism - but ultimately based on nothing and what ifs.
Stockton going on a scoring spree? Being the 'freshest' team?
Well problem with the first one is Stockton wasn't even in the squad today - doesn't indicate that Hughes rates him much. Problem with the second one is we could be the 'freshest' team in the world but it won't help when our players struggle to create chances, struggle to dominate and be clinical, struggle to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, struggle to be positive and creative in possession, struggle to score goals...

So rather than the 'snowflake' jibe you should consider that people are rightly frustrated and fearful based on what they're seeing on a game by game basis...
It was a joke mate. There seems to be a snarling anger behind many posts on this forum aimed at posters who quite rightly express their very valid opinion and should continue to do so. That’s what a fans forum should be for.
Old 16th March 2019, 20.07:36   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasby Red View Post
It was a joke mate. There seems to be a snarling anger behind many posts on this forum aimed at posters who quite rightly express their very valid opinion and should continue to do so. That’s what a fans forum should be for.
Apologies then, seems 'snowflake' is used so often these days it's hard to know (especially here) if it's used in frustration or jest.
Old 16th March 2019, 20.14:14   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
Apologies then, seems 'snowflake' is used so often these days it's hard to know (especially here) if it's used in frustration or jest.
No problem, the point I’m making is too many people on here are too quick to put down those fans who actually express an option to stimulate a debate without giving any opinion of their own.

I accept you don’t agree with my Cole Stockton/freshest team argument, but what’s your view about the next few weeks?
Old 16th March 2019, 20.43:37   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

we havnt got anyone who can pick a pass or put a CFs ball in the box, Stockton might score goals but not sat in the stand as many have said on here Kane would struggle get a goal, we gota bite the bullet now i think and go with what we got, and with TOLLIT GONE!! we aint got much, but we do have an exceptional defence and fingers crossed Pearson stays fit
Old 16th March 2019, 21.14:56   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Solihull struggled at home to Braintree so anything is possible, Remember negativity breads negativity, I would rather believe than not to Believe but we must all stick together and try to believe together to have a half a chance to make the promised land.
We all know our problems and we all know our strengths but by creating more positivity we may just succeed who knows. By giving too much criticism and promoting too much negativity we will be less certain to achieve anything especially as it is too late in the season to change anything.
Old 16th March 2019, 21.26:07   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Here’s what Warren Gatland said today ...”I’ve got to have that belief and self confidence and if I can portray that onto the players in some small way then hopefully they can believe as well.”

Here’s what Alun Wyn Jones said...”When you have someone who is so confident at the top of the tree, that filters down and it’s hard to ignore.”

Come on the Bryans, we’ve got Hartlepool, Ebbsfleet, Braintree, Barnet, Sutton, Halifax and Harrogate.

There’s no Barcelonas in there.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.07:25.