RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   January window signings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113617-january-window-signings.html)

CosmicCol 14th March 2019 12.07:12

January window signings

Just wondering if there was any evidence of January signings making a any meaningful difference to any team at our level? ....

Recent experiences ie deverdicks, Oswell etc seem to me to be purchased under stress and expectation but not improving quality at all.

Could be me being misinformed but I wonder what others views are

redavid 14th March 2019 12.11:44

Re: January window signings

[QUOTE=CosmicCol;2240208]Just wondering if there was any evidence of January signings making a any meaningful difference to any team at our level? ....

Recent experiences ie deverdicks, Oswell etc seem to me to be purchased under stress and expectation but not improving quality at all.

Could be me being misinformed but I wonder what others views are[/QUOTE]

What ive seen of Oswell , Stockton , they are no better than Fondop , at least he got stuck in , even if he is green , is He still top scorer ?

marathonplny 14th March 2019 12.15:10

On the face of it no improvement at all

It’s a difficult window to get players in. Good players are playing regularly, so you have to bid high and have a willing seller.
Those available are either looking to get fit and match practice, or are struggling at their current club.

René Higuita 14th March 2019 12.25:47

[QUOTE=CosmicCol;2240208]Just wondering if there was any evidence of January signings making a any meaningful difference to any team at our level? ....

look at the Orient they signed Simpson who tore us apart.

Solihull they signed Blissett who's scoring for fun. Our two main promotion rivals both recruited in January. Yet again we didn't. :31:

pagl 14th March 2019 12.35:52

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2240215]look at the Orient they signed Simpson who tore us apart.

Solihull they signed Blissett who's scoring for fun. Our two main promotion rivals both recruited in January. Yet again we didn't. :31:[/QUOTE]

Green for Salford

onelegged harry 14th March 2019 12.37:06

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2240215]look at the Orient they signed Simpson who tore us apart.

Solihull they signed Blissett who's scoring for fun. Our two main promotion rivals both recruited in January. Yet again we didn't. :31:[/QUOTE]

Because we are not capable of either not scouting or willing to pay the going rate
for a quality player.I suppose that is what we get by giving control to those who
have no expierence on running a football team.

pagl 14th March 2019 12.54:49

Even bin dippers got Asante.

pagl 14th March 2019 12.58:56

[QUOTE=onelegged harry;2240223]Because we are not capable of either not scouting or willing to pay the going rate
for a quality player.I suppose that is what we get by giving control to those who
have no expierence on running a football team.[/QUOTE]

They don't have to run the team they just have to be clear about what the club want to achieve and then make sure it happens.

Quality over quantity - so we should never has signed 5 players if the board had provided this mandate.

Players to strengthen the starting 11 - so again Stockton would probably not have been signed as well as Oswell and Tollitt.

NottsRed 14th March 2019 13.28:11

I think Solihull have signed well and have pushed on, on the back of that to having a chance of promotion.

Salford well they have deep pockets so they can go after who they want.

Think we again have signed poorly and if we did have 200K to spend id like to see the receipts for what we spent it on.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.54:58.