Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th March 2019, 12.44:45   #1-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: on a seat
Twitter: @

Default flynn

now that everyone has stopped having an orgasm about flynn the messiah is back,except me. i am not a fan of flynns.so how much of an imbut is he having on the team, hes not on the touchline with the other three clueless ones, but sitting in the stands. we have not performed since he came on board. the money were paying him could and should have been used to pay a decent strikers wages, flynn can t score but a striker can and thats whats needed. the board are wasting the money the club has. we ll make the playoffs just but only for one round then its back to the two year plan and not enough money to bring in decent players. we should have got a decent manager in by now and been out of this league four years ago, the board are penny pinching cheap option every time
Old 14th March 2019, 12.53:03   #2-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Default Re: flynn

dear me.
Old 14th March 2019, 12.56:40   #3-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Someone grab Sparky and hold him back..
Old 14th March 2019, 13.18:37   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

We need to give them time to sort things out

We will either scrape through the playoffs - unlikely, as goals will be an issues, or
Be in the same league next year - high degree of probability

Thus the summer is when they need to have targeted signings, get them in early, give us fans something to get behind and start to address the issues that happen every season
Old 14th March 2019, 13.28:14   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonplny View Post
We need to give them time to sort things out

We will either scrape through the playoffs - unlikely, as goals will be an issues, or
Be in the same league next year - high degree of probability

Thus the summer is when they need to have targeted signings, get them in early, give us fans something to get behind and start to address the issues that happen every season
It’s the same old excuses over and over, at first it was the wst will make mistakes. The last 7 years have been mistake after mistake, this league was there for the taking in January we should of blown the whole money we had received and gone all out.
Old 14th March 2019, 13.30:16   #6-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Nobody can change the mentality of this group. They’ve been brainwashed into no risk football
Old 14th March 2019, 13.33:10   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS - Im a Stander

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sleeping giant dies View Post
now that everyone has stopped having an orgasm about flynn the messiah is back,except me. i am not a fan of flynns.so how much of an imbut is he having on the team, hes not on the touchline with the other three clueless ones, but sitting in the stands. we have not performed since he came on board. the money were paying him could and should have been used to pay a decent strikers wages, flynn can t score but a striker can and thats whats needed. the board are wasting the money the club has. we ll make the playoffs just but only for one round then its back to the two year plan and not enough money to bring in decent players. we should have got a decent manager in by now and been out of this league four years ago, the board are penny pinching cheap option every time
Flynn’s appointment is integral to the long term plan of moving the football club forward. Bryan Hughes needed an experienced assistant and I don’t think the board could of got in anyone better. Regarding the issue that the money should have been spent on a striker, I can’t understand why we couldn’t do both, but I think getting some decent midfielders might be money better spent.
Old 14th March 2019, 14.34:58   #8-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outertowner View Post
Flynn’s appointment is integral to the long term plan of moving the football club forward. Bryan Hughes needed an experienced assistant and I don’t think the board could of got in anyone better. Regarding the issue that the money should have been spent on a striker, I can’t understand why we couldn’t do both, but I think getting some decent midfielders might be money better spent.
Agree on the decent midfielders bit.

I think with Flynn, Hughes, Jussi & Darlington we have to many Chefs in the kitchen.
Old 14th March 2019, 14.37:49   #9-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Nobody can change the mentality of this group. They’ve been brainwashed into no risk football

In my opinion, Tuesday was not the time to change things......

The management took a huge risk on Tuesday evening, going to a new more attacking formation, which you said before kick off was “more like it”.
I’m not restating this as a criticism of you, but it strikes me that going gung ho at this stage of the season was not what was needed.......

We had got where we were by being defensively minded. It has worked, even if it isn’t pretty.
I agree that you can’t change that defensive mentality overnight, so why did Hughes try?

If you couple that new set up with the fact that Roberts was coming back from injury, had McGlashen in front of him who’s game he doesn’t know yet, (and who by all accounts was very poor on the night), rather than Rutherford who’s he does. And vice versa of course. Those singling out Roberts for criticism elsewhere on this forum, is somewhat unfair in my view.
Also, Pearson, our leader and stand out defender was out injured too. Another reason not to change formation and mentality at a crucial stage of the season.

So Management should take the flack, moreso than the players, in my view.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.03:12.