Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th March 2019, 08.57:08   #91-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Maidstone (H) Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Appalling game. Anti-football. Absolute dull fest.
We won but were very lucky to. A better opposition would have beaten us.
Now Tollitt has gone our sole attacking threat has gone. Someone is going to have to produce some form from somewhere or I cannot see us scoring.
We seem to have slumped back into the Dean Keates era of dreadful put you to sleep football.

Personally I didn't think Deverdics did much wrong, you can't expect a player who has barely played in months to come in and set the world on fire, never going to happen.
More of a concern is our new hide and seek champion, Akil Wright. Barely touched the ball second half. He just disappears and Young is having to do too much.
I've seen enough, Wright should be released in the summer. Enough of this indulging players who aren't up to it.

Its clear BH doesn't really rate any of our attacking players bar Tollitt. Hence him picking a new front 3 every game almost. I suspect most if not all will be gone in the summer, maybe even Oswell.
This is a result of the boards managerial cock up in January, the repercussions of that have not all come out yet. Its going to cost even more money to sort out now as we have a new manager with an entire squad of players that he hasn't signed. I'm not sure which genius allowed GB to make signings knowing he wanted out.

I don't give us much hope in the play offs. We're so limp attacking wise and barely create any chances.
Pretty much sums it up.
Old 18th March 2019, 09.01:59   #92-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Now Tollitt has gone our sole attacking threat has gone. Someone is going to have to produce some form from somewhere or I cannot see us scoring.
We seem to have slumped back into the Dean Keates era of dreadful put you to sleep football.

Personally I didn't think Deverdics did much wrong, you can't expect a player who has barely played in months to come in and set the world on fire, never going to happen.
More of a concern is our new hide and seek champion, Akil Wright. Barely touched the ball second half. He just disappears and Young is having to do too much.
I've seen enough, Wright should be released in the summer. Enough of this indulging players who aren't up to it.

Its clear BH doesn't really rate any of our attacking players bar Tollitt. Hence him picking a new front 3 every game almost. I suspect most if not all will be gone in the summer, maybe even Oswell.
This is a result of the boards managerial cock up in January, the repercussions of that have not all come out yet. Its going to cost even more money to sort out now as we have a new manager with an entire squad of players that he hasn't signed. I'm not sure which genius allowed GB to make signings knowing he wanted out.

I don't give us much hope in the play offs. We're so limp attacking wise and barely create any chances.
Got a smile from me.

I dont rate Wright, he can get away with it as part of a midfield 3 where he can run about about, but he cant be played in a 2.
Old 18th March 2019, 09.28:00   #93-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:

^^^^
This.... It more or less sums up the same as I said a few posts back.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 18th March 2019, 09.37:17   #94-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: When I can get there

to win we need to score one more than the others - just 1

best player has now gone, maidstone had worst GD - we should have been thumping them 4 or 5-0

Fingers crossed we can still make play-offs
Old 18th March 2019, 09.46:13   #95-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Another thing that pissed me off on Saturday was the teams lack of desire to get more goals. We go one nil up and they just sit on that lead with absolutely no real effort to kill them off. They had a few half chances and again better teams would probably score at least one.
Another reason I predict we'll bomb in the play offs.

Tollitts goal was class and hammers home how much we'll miss him.
Old 18th March 2019, 10.30:00   #96-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

We really miss Walker, he is the only player we have on the books who can play between the lines and spot a pass (doesn't always come off) but him missing is huge.

Kennedy, as good a player as he is he simply is not a RB, so can we please stop playing him there. His delivery is poor, his decision making (in an attacking sense) is also poor. To reiterate I think he is a really good CB, but not at RB.

Grant, what is going on there? Most has already been said, but he has been a real disappointment for me.

As for the goals, I just don't know - what will make us more potent? We seem to have tried all the variations, I'm at a loss personally as to what we can do with 7 games to go that will suddenly make us a 2+ goals a game team.
Old 18th March 2019, 14.09:24   #97-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKSE View Post

As for the goals, I just don't know - what will make us more potent? We seem to have tried all the variations, I'm at a loss personally as to what we can do with 7 games to go that will suddenly make us a 2+ goals a game team.
Hope the opposition score at least one own goal?
Old 18th March 2019, 14.51:09   #98-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Hope the opposition score at least one own goal?
It's a viable option! I mean what more can we do? We have tried Beavon out wide, Beavon up top - Holroyd has played plenty over the last 18 months and his strengths/weaknesses are know, seemingly the last 3 managers haven't fancied him much. Grant doesn't offer enough in the front 3, Ruthers has great workrate but doesn't produce goals/assists as much as needed. Oswell/Stockton haven't given much in terms of goal threat. Pyke was massively inconsistent, Fondop was shipped out.

I think it is really difficult to blame management as clearly lots of different variations have been attempted, but nothing seems to work consistently.
Old 18th March 2019, 14.57:41   #99-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKSE View Post
It's a viable option! I mean what more can we do? We have tried Beavon out wide, Beavon up top - Holroyd has played plenty over the last 18 months and his strengths/weaknesses are know, seemingly the last 3 managers haven't fancied him much. Grant doesn't offer enough in the front 3, Ruthers has great workrate but doesn't produce goals/assists as much as needed. Oswell/Stockton haven't given much in terms of goal threat. Pyke was massively inconsistent, Fondop was shipped out.

I think it is really difficult to blame management as clearly lots of different variations have been attempted, but nothing seems to work consistently.
Great assist from Ruthers on Saturday. And from the maidstone keeper with his dodgy positioning.

Lovely finish though.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.57:37.