RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   35 days (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113635-35-days.html)

Greasby Red 16th March 2019 19.32:08

35 days

Evening snowflakes, time for a bit of an uplift in confidence needed on her if you ask me.

So, from next Saturday until the end of the season, we’ve got 35 days when our fate will be decided.

Seven league matches, all 1-0 winnable if you ask me.

My key to promotion? Cole Stockton. Just a hunch. He only scores in bursts. Goes from about 2 in 38 to suddenly hitting 10 in 7. He needs a chance. He’s got seven games to make himself a hero and we need goals.

As for the 35 days business, Leyton Orient have ten games in that time. Plenty of twists and turns still to come. Gotta be honest, didn’t think The O’s looked like a team who’ll run away with it last Saturday so it’s all to play for. Everyone plays more often than us. We’ll be the freshest team around and we don’t need play any of our close rivals.

Seven wins gives us the league for sure and I think six probably does too.

Great run in, better than everyone else’s.

Come on boys, a more big push. Do it.

Believe.

We’d have taken this at the start of the season.

TaidTom 16th March 2019 19.41:44

Re: 35 days

:hiding::hiding:

TomWFC 16th March 2019 19.47:58

[QUOTE=Greasby Red;2240957]Evening snowflakes, time for a bit of an uplift in confidence needed on her if you ask me.

So, from next Saturday until the end of the season, we’ve got 35 days when our fate will be decided.

Seven league matches, all 1-0 winnable if you ask me.

My key to promotion? Cole Stockton. Just a hunch. He only scores in bursts. Goes from about 2 in 38 to suddenly hitting 10 in 7. He needs a chance. He’s got seven games to make himself a hero and we need goals.

As for the 35 days business, Leyton Orient have ten games in that time. Plenty of twists and turns still to come. Gotta be honest, didn’t think The O’s looked like a team who’ll run away with it last Saturday so it’s all to play for. Everyone plays more often than us. We’ll be the freshest team around and we don’t need play any of our close rivals.

Seven wins gives us the league for sure and I think six probably does too.

Great run in, better than everyone else’s.

Come on boys, a more big push. Do it.

Believe.

We’d have taken this at the start of the season.[/QUOTE]

Admirable positivity & optimism - but ultimately based on nothing and what ifs.
Stockton going on a scoring spree? Being the 'freshest' team?
Well problem with the first one is Stockton wasn't even in the squad today - doesn't indicate that Hughes rates him much. Problem with the second one is we could be the 'freshest' team in the world but it won't help when our players struggle to create chances, struggle to dominate and be clinical, struggle to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, struggle to be positive and creative in possession, struggle to score goals...

So rather than the 'snowflake' jibe you should consider that people are rightly frustrated and fearful based on what they're seeing on a game by game basis...

Greasby Red 16th March 2019 20.01:37

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2240964]Admirable positivity & optimism - but ultimately based on nothing and what ifs.
Stockton going on a scoring spree? Being the 'freshest' team?
Well problem with the first one is Stockton wasn't even in the squad today - doesn't indicate that Hughes rates him much. Problem with the second one is we could be the 'freshest' team in the world but it won't help when our players struggle to create chances, struggle to dominate and be clinical, struggle to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, struggle to be positive and creative in possession, struggle to score goals...

So rather than the 'snowflake' jibe you should consider that people are rightly frustrated and fearful based on what they're seeing on a game by game basis...[/QUOTE]

It was a joke mate. There seems to be a snarling anger behind many posts on this forum aimed at posters who quite rightly express their very valid opinion and should continue to do so. That’s what a fans forum should be for.

TomWFC 16th March 2019 20.07:36

[QUOTE=Greasby Red;2240968]It was a joke mate. There seems to be a snarling anger behind many posts on this forum aimed at posters who quite rightly express their very valid opinion and should continue to do so. That’s what a fans forum should be for.[/QUOTE]

Apologies then, seems 'snowflake' is used so often these days it's hard to know (especially here) if it's used in frustration or jest.

Greasby Red 16th March 2019 20.14:14

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2240972]Apologies then, seems 'snowflake' is used so often these days it's hard to know (especially here) if it's used in frustration or jest.[/QUOTE]

No problem, the point I’m making is too many people on here are too quick to put down those fans who actually express an option to stimulate a debate without giving any opinion of their own.

I accept you don’t agree with my Cole Stockton/freshest team argument, but what’s your view about the next few weeks?

redone 16th March 2019 20.43:37

we havnt got anyone who can pick a pass or put a CFs ball in the box, Stockton might score goals but not sat in the stand as many have said on here Kane would struggle get a goal, we gota bite the bullet now i think and go with what we got, and with TOLLIT GONE!! we aint got much, but we do have an exceptional defence and fingers crossed Pearson stays fit

pawn star 16th March 2019 21.14:56

Solihull struggled at home to Braintree so anything is possible, Remember negativity breads negativity, I would rather believe than not to Believe but we must all stick together and try to believe together to have a half a chance to make the promised land.
We all know our problems and we all know our strengths but by creating more positivity we may just succeed who knows. By giving too much criticism and promoting too much negativity we will be less certain to achieve anything especially as it is too late in the season to change anything.

Greasby Red 16th March 2019 21.26:07

Here’s what Warren Gatland said today ...”I’ve got to have that belief and self confidence and if I can portray that onto the players in some small way then hopefully they can believe as well.”

Here’s what Alun Wyn Jones said...”When you have someone who is so confident at the top of the tree, that filters down and it’s hard to ignore.”

Come on the Bryans, we’ve got Hartlepool, Ebbsfleet, Braintree, Barnet, Sutton, Halifax and Harrogate.

There’s no Barcelonas in there.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.00:14.