Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th March 2019, 10.38:27   #19-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
On paper, Grant was a sound enough signing. A good age, plenty of league experience but for some reason it hasn’t worked out. I’m surprised we went back for Oswell considering he reportedly turned us down for Morecambe in the summer. But again, his profile suits us ie decent age and has scored goals in the league below.

Stockton was a panic signing. No doubt about that.

Perhaps we need to look a bit deeper as to why our strikers aren’t scoring goals. It’s getting beyond a joke now. It’s no coincidence that our highest earners are our centre backs (I assume).
Agree with Grants initial signing on loan but after seeing him play he should have been sent packing. I think Stockton and Oswell were panic signings.
Old 24th March 2019, 11.01:25   #20-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Living in Australia and feel so despondent and disappointed reading RP and listening to Radio Wales every week.. I have a lot of time for WST but have no confidence whatsoever in the way the actual club is being run or managed. To my mind we seem to make totally outlandish decisions in the running of the club and I have very little confidence in any decisions being made. We appear to have no plan as to the future development of the club, or is we do it's not communicated very well. Do we have a youth policy? Do we have a short or long term plan? I think I bought some sort of shares in the club a few years but have heard nothing from the club for a long time via email. Should I get some sort of communication or am I not a member. The club, appears to me, to be run in a very amateurish way and is letting down the supporters badly. I live 12000 miles away but feel so frustrated nearly every week. The coaching / managerial side of the club once again seems to have very little idea of what is needed for a successful team/ club. Please,can somebody tell me if things might improve in the near future as I see no sign of progress. On a positive note I believe WST are doing a good job, it is the Football board who are not allowing the club to progress.
Old 24th March 2019, 11.26:20   #21-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Agree with Grants initial signing on loan but after seeing him play he should have been sent packing. I think Stockton and Oswell were panic signings.
That's the thing with Grant, he wasn't bought cold. He joins a long line of higher division players hoovering up budget and contributing little.

Other than a good defense and keeper we've got a pile of players who seemingly suit no formation or system of play, yet again.

The revolving door of managers and players goes on.
Old 24th March 2019, 13.39:19   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
For sure, Oswell and Stocktons strike rate has been disappointing, and they haven’t set the world alight.

I’m still one of the fans though who feels that the supply isn’t good, and if we had Bale and Kane up front they wouldn’t get many.

We’ve really suffered with losing Summerfield and Walker. I know they weren’t the greatest creators of chances either but they did make a difference, controlling the midfield, allowing us to retain possession and do more in the final third of the pitch.

In reality though, the way we are set up is too negative, it’s been this way for a few seasons, with strikers who look a bit pants moving on to other clubs and scoring goals due to they way They are set up, and the chances They create.

Something is badly wrong with our coaching and tactics, and I think it was glaringly obvious v Barrow where we did look set up to attack more, but it was alien to the players by that point, and we got caught cold.

Something needs to change with all of that, you have to gun your way out of this league, and we can’t do that.

Going into the last few games, we lack Leaders on the pitch, Pearson is clearly bravely playing through his injury to help out, and we are Still set up ‘not to lose’... and that’s stopped working now.

Meanwhile, as for Gobby Brant, biggest fail we have seen for years here.
Summerfield has never controlled a midfield in the 7 months he has been here,how many times did our midfield get out played by poor opposition but were kept in the game by our six men at the back.
Old 24th March 2019, 13.53:12   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
As each signing was made the vast majority of us were rejoicing - celebrating that we had made the signings.

Grant - highly thought of from a L1 club and only possible because of a fall out with Joey Barton.

Oswell - banging goals in for fun with Stockport.

Stockton - done it all before a mere 2 seasons ago at Tranmere.

They can't all be crap - just like Scott Boden who's now on about 18 goals for Gateshead & Chesterfield.

Oswell & Stockton have hardly had any game time and yet seem to have been written off in favour of a couple of kids with virtually no experience in Mcglashan & Spyrou.
Not forgetting that Stockton saved us at Gateshead a few weeks back.

There's no explanation as to why these players have disappeared off the match day squad.

Agree about Grant though - extremely poor.

Perhaps there is something behind the scenes that turns potential good recruits into basket cases - it's happening far too frequently for my liking to raise suspicions that all is possibly not well. Nobody seems to ever want to have a shot at goal - is it fear of failure that hangs over them ? or none of them want the responsibility of having a go.
Couldnt disagrree with any of that RL. Felt for Oswell a bit .
And in honesty ,the way we setup ,would we be better with Fondop?
Old 24th March 2019, 13.56:53   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
How much are we paying a week for Grant, Oswell and Stockton?
I guarantee you that we are the only Conference club to sign 3 strikers in January and decide by March they are not good enough for the bench even.
Still not scoring either way. Hope the club Board are embarrassed as they should be.
Are we the only Conference side not to score a first half goal in 2019?
You could not make it up.
get a grip....

posting with hindsight is a ridiculously stupid thing to do

all the above 3 came here and barely anybody at all was unhappy (only the persistent moaners may of been unhappy with the signings, but they would be unhappy if we signed ronaldo messi and bale as front 3)
Old 24th March 2019, 17.57:15   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
get a grip....

posting with hindsight is a ridiculously stupid thing to do

all the above 3 came here and barely anybody at all was unhappy (only the persistent moaners may of been unhappy with the signings, but they would be unhappy if we signed ronaldo messi and bale as front 3)
Think you misunderstand me-Oswell and Stockton should be on bench as Rutherford and co. are not scoring.Board must see that they are looking silly for authorising these signings.
Old 24th March 2019, 18.14:15   #26-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Think you misunderstand me-Oswell and Stockton should be on bench as Rutherford and co. are not scoring.Board must see that they are looking silly for authorising these signings.
Totally agree with this. But we play 4-3-3 and when we did switch the formation against Barrow, it showed players were uncomfortable with it. Personally, Oswell and Stockton should be at least making the bench. Otherwise why are they here? Oswell was scoring lots for Stockport, prior to going to Morecambe. Rutherford has good work rate but no end product as others have said on here numerous times.

It is a surprise how much this squad has overachieved this season!
Old 24th March 2019, 18.15:34   #27-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
If we are being brutally honest at the moment none of them are fit to be on the bench.

The issues we have are glaringly obvious but each manager we get in seems reluctant to do anything about it and goes down the same path.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.12:51.