Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th March 2019, 19.49:23   #31-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

I am pretty confident the combined wage of Oswell and the loan for Stockton would get us a forward who could run and was fit.
Old 24th March 2019, 19.51:01   #32-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
NottsRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccie View Post
Tend to agree with everything talked about on here, the current feeling of dispondency is awful.
But, just for the record, when we signed Oswell, I was informed he needs a groin op in the summer, & the best we could hope for this season may be one in three games if lucky, so it’s no wonder we’ve not seen much of the guy. Clearly a signing for next season not this, make of that what you will, I for one was quite shocked.
Not heard that before about him needing a groin op but you know what its the Wrexham way buying an unfit striker when we are crying out for someone who can hit the ground running.

If this is true its fliping redicoulus situation to have put ourselves in and spent money on.
Old 24th March 2019, 20.42:53   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Lets Av A Riot's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Horace
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Think you misunderstand me-Oswell and Stockton should be on bench as Rutherford and co. are not scoring.Board must see that they are looking silly for authorising these signings.
On the contrary...

you moaning because the BOARD signed these players.. and the BOARD decided not to play them ?


i think you misunderstand the concept of a managers job ..its the MANAGERS job to

1. identify players he "thinks" will improve the current playing squad within the budget he is given

2. the manager's job to weight up the fitness, and skill levels of the players at his disposal to choose the best team the MANAGER thinks will win games

3. the manager's job to decide whether the aforementioned player/players is adaptable or plays in a position which suits the MANAGERS formation and tactics

believe it or not... its even upto the manager who starts in the starting 11 and also who sits on the bench.

non of the above is the board's decision (apart from veto funds for target players), which i think we have already established the players you mentioned.. when they was 1st signed the VAST majority of people was happy with the signings and had high hopes for them to do well.

hence you cant blame the board for signing anybody (let alone the 3 signings you mention) if the board have faith in the manager to target and identify players they think will do well.
Old 24th March 2019, 20.52:52   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
On the contrary...

you moaning because the BOARD signed these players.. and the BOARD decided not to play them ?


i think you misunderstand the concept of a managers job ..its the MANAGERS job to

1. identify players he "thinks" will improve the current playing squad within the budget he is given

2. the manager's job to weight up the fitness, and skill levels of the players at his disposal to choose the best team the MANAGER thinks will win games

3. the manager's job to decide whether the aforementioned player/players is adaptable or plays in a position which suits the MANAGERS formation and tactics

believe it or not... its even upto the manager who starts in the starting 11 and also who sits on the bench.

non of the above is the board's decision (apart from veto funds for target players), which i think we have already established the players you mentioned.. when they was 1st signed the VAST majority of people was happy with the signings and had high hopes for them to do well.

hence you cant blame the board for signing anybody (let alone the 3 signings you mention) if the board have faith in the manager to target and identify players they think will do well.
Putting BOARD in capitals doesn’t change the fact their decisions are what have kept us in this league!

The BOARD made the decision or Spencer Harris did to piss about in December, piss about in January then appoint Hughes with no experience, when promoting was possible.

Anyone else wonder how the hell this team has managed to hit top spot at all.
Old 24th March 2019, 21.12:54   #35-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
Putting BOARD in capitals doesn’t change the fact their decisions are what have kept us in this league!

The BOARD made the decision or Spencer Harris did to piss about in December, piss about in January then appoint Hughes with no experience, when promoting was possible.

Anyone else wonder how the hell this team has managed to hit top spot at all.

I laugh every time I see the league table.
Old 24th March 2019, 21.37:09   #36-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

its a shit league and we should have capatilised in January instead the board created a complete mess,
Old 24th March 2019, 21.40:49   #37-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
its a shit league and we should have capatilised in January instead the board created a complete mess,
yes !! it does make you wonder if they do want promotion alright,they couldnt have done anymore damage if they had tried
Old 24th March 2019, 21.47:44   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
138+NotOut's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

Can't run a football club properly. Obviously they're good at off the field stuff, even if I find the whole inclusivity angle a bit too much. But on the pitch we should be doing better then we are. Whole managers situation this season is a shambles
Old 24th March 2019, 21.49:09   #39-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2243108]On the contrary...

you moaning because the BOARD signed these players.. and the BOARD decided not to play them ?


i think you misunderstand the concept of a managers job ..its the MANAGERS job to

1. identify players he "thinks" will improve the current playing squad within the budget he is given

2. the manager's job to weight up the fitness, and skill levels of the players at his disposal to choose the best team the MANAGER thinks will win games

3. the manager's job to decide whether the aforementioned player/players is adaptable or plays in a position which suits the MANAGERS formation and tactics


Can blame the board for giving funds to a dinosaur who did not want the job,should never have had the job in the first place ,and made a total mess of it.They appointed Barrow.End of.

Last edited by Rob Edwards; 24th March 2019 at 21.50:53..
Old 24th March 2019, 21.49:32   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
138+NotOut's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

Also would Bryan Hughes of got the job if he wouldn't of played for us? Highly doubt it. He's not got a great affinity with the club. Not local, not showed interest in the club since he's left
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.06:30.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12