RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113675-weekly-wage-players-not-worthy-squad.html)

Rob Edwards 23rd March 2019 23.36:48

Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

How much are we paying a week for Grant, Oswell and Stockton?
I guarantee you that we are the only Conference club to sign 3 strikers in January and decide by March they are not good enough for the bench even.
Still not scoring either way. Hope the club Board are embarrassed as they should be.
Are we the only Conference side not to score a first half goal in 2019?
You could not make it up.

Screwe Alexander 24th March 2019 00.05:28

Re: Weekly wage of players not worthy for squad

If, as is looking increasingly likely, we don't get promoted this year, this January's transfer activity will be remembered for decades to come as an example of truly calamitous decision making. It has been peak Wrexham from which all future balls ups will be measured.

Alan Attack 24th March 2019 00.06:59

There’d be more outcry on RP had we not signed Grant, Oswell and Stockton in January. Think about that.

pagl 24th March 2019 01.32:31

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2242934]There’d be more outcry on RP had we not signed Grant, Oswell and Stockton in January. Think about that.[/QUOTE]

If the managerial position had been dealt with we could have signed better. Thats the point. £200k to someone who didnt want the job. Come on AA even you must see the folly in this.
As I have posted Kosylo, Udoh and Hulme would have been better or at least 3 similar. As for Grant I said at the time the most disappointing signing ever.

Alan Attack 24th March 2019 06.18:08

[QUOTE=pagl;2242939]If the managerial position had been dealt with we could have signed better. Thats the point. £200k to someone who didnt want the job. Come on AA even you must see the folly in this.
As I have posted Kosylo, Udoh and Hulme would have been better or at least 3 similar. As for Grant I said at the time the most disappointing signing ever.[/QUOTE]

You strike me as the wisest person in the world with hindsight.

pagl 24th March 2019 07.13:49

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2242943]You strike me as the wisest person in the world with hindsight.[/QUOTE]

Explain the hindsight bit. I have said Grant is poor all along and likewise said what we needed in Jan which we then failed to deliver. Quality over quantity and loan players on the bench. All of this upfront, no hindsight here.

You seem to be running out of excuses

WrexSi 24th March 2019 07.19:05

For sure, Oswell and Stocktons strike rate has been disappointing, and they haven’t set the world alight.

I’m still one of the fans though who feels that the supply isn’t good, and if we had Bale and Kane up front they wouldn’t get many.

We’ve really suffered with losing Summerfield and Walker. I know they weren’t the greatest creators of chances either but they did make a difference, controlling the midfield, allowing us to retain possession and do more in the final third of the pitch.

In reality though, the way we are set up is too negative, it’s been this way for a few seasons, with strikers who look a bit pants moving on to other clubs and scoring goals due to they way They are set up, and the chances They create.

Something is badly wrong with our coaching and tactics, and I think it was glaringly obvious v Barrow where we did look set up to attack more, but it was alien to the players by that point, and we got caught cold.

Something needs to change with all of that, you have to gun your way out of this league, and we can’t do that.

Going into the last few games, we lack Leaders on the pitch, Pearson is clearly bravely playing through his injury to help out, and we are Still set up ‘not to lose’... and that’s stopped working now.

Meanwhile, as for Gobby Brant, biggest fail we have seen for years here.

Red Light 24th March 2019 07.47:41

As each signing was made the vast majority of us were rejoicing - celebrating that we had made the signings.

Grant - highly thought of from a L1 club and only possible because of a fall out with Joey Barton.

Oswell - banging goals in for fun with Stockport.

Stockton - done it all before a mere 2 seasons ago at Tranmere.

They can't all be crap - just like Scott Boden who's now on about 18 goals for Gateshead & Chesterfield.

Oswell & Stockton have hardly had any game time and yet seem to have been written off in favour of a couple of kids with virtually no experience in Mcglashan & Spyrou.
Not forgetting that Stockton saved us at Gateshead a few weeks back.

There's no explanation as to why these players have disappeared off the match day squad.

Agree about Grant though - extremely poor.

Perhaps there is something behind the scenes that turns potential good recruits into basket cases - it's happening far too frequently for my liking to raise suspicions that all is possibly not well. Nobody seems to ever want to have a shot at goal - is it fear of failure that hangs over them ? or none of them want the responsibility of having a go.

EnglishRed 24th March 2019 07.49:45

Mcglashan is 30 abd has over 300 league appearances. Hardly a kid...

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.21:49.