Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th April 2019, 08.24:15   #154-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Give it up Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teifi Red View Post
What's the wage cap figure out of curiosity?
£1,300 p.w.

Maybe.

I have a hard time thinking Pearson, Grant and Beavon playing for less than £1k per week, and I think anything over £1,500 ain't much of a wage cap, so I think between £1 and £1.5k.

Pure speculation.
Old 5th April 2019, 08.38:01   #155-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
£1,300 p.w.

Maybe.

I have a hard time thinking Pearson, Grant and Beavon playing for less than £1k per week, and I think anything over £1,500 ain't much of a wage cap, so I think between £1 and £1.5k.

Pure speculation.
Whilst is it speculation then I don't think the figure can be too far away based on numbers I have heard.

I would expect Lainton, Pearson, Grant to be at the top end of this. With regards Beavon then he is on loan so Coventry will be stumping up his contract and we will only be paying a contribution towards this.
Old 5th April 2019, 08.43:49   #156-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Whilst is it speculation then I don't think the figure can be too far away based on numbers I have heard.

I would expect Lainton, Pearson, Grant to be at the top end of this. With regards Beavon then he is on loan so Coventry will be stumping up his contract and we will only be paying a contribution towards this.
I doubt that.
I'd say we're paying his wages in full.
A loan from a Premiership club will probably cost us very little but not from a League One club. They won't be rolling in money and why would they heavily subsidise a 35 year old's loan move? A youngster maybe as they would see it as part of his development but not a 35 year old who they'll be releasing in the summer.

I don't believe there's a wage cap either. Nor do I think all the forward and midfield players we sign are crap. Many many players have failed here recently, especially strikers and they can't all be duds.
More our style of play or lack of it, its dreadful.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 5th April 2019 at 08.45:42..
Old 5th April 2019, 09.11:21   #157-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I doubt that.
A loan from a Premiership club will probably cost us very little but not from a League One club. They won't be rolling in money and why would they heavily subsidise a 35 year old's loan move? A youngster maybe as they would see it as part of his development but not a 35 year old who they'll be releasing in the summer.

I don't believe there's a wage cap either. Nor do I think all the forward and midfield players we sign are crap. Many many players have failed here recently, especially strikers and they can't all be duds.
agree with that, probably glad to get rid for last year of his deal. dont think he played much the previous year
Old 5th April 2019, 10.39:39   #158-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
I doubt that.

A league one club with a 35 year old who is in the last year of his contract and they are not going to play him. They will be looking for the best deal possible.

This might be getting someone to pay his wages in full (if so why not transfer fully?) or just the biggest % of his wages they can get.
Old 5th April 2019, 12.11:04   #159-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
I doubt that.
Unless he is being paid NL rates by Coventry then I would be doubtful that we are stumping up his full contract. If they were not going to play him then getting 50% of his wage would be a good deal for them as it offsets their costs.
Old 5th April 2019, 12.16:08   #160-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

I still think Grants contract with Fleetwood would be a a lot more than £1300 per week,he started off at Fleetwood on a 2 year deal and scored 9 and then 10 goals per season,so what is the going rate for a goalscoring midfielder in league one.Also for Pearson to sign a contract extension he must have been given a good deal to keep him away from the likes of Salford&Solihull,I dont believe as someone stated on here that he could be happier with say £900 a week on a longer contract.
Old 5th April 2019, 12.23:25   #161-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
I still think Grants contract with Fleetwood would be a a lot more than £1300 per week,he started off at Fleetwood on a 2 year deal and scored 9 and then 10 goals per season,so what is the going rate for a goalscoring midfielder in league one.Also for Pearson to sign a contract extension he must have been given a good deal to keep him away from the likes of Salford&Solihull,I dont believe as someone stated on here that he could be happier with say £900 a week on a longer contract.
Grant is a different situation and he obviously wanted out but I agree he must have been on a fairly decent wedge in L1 but I doubt we will have paid him anywhere near what he was getting there. Although I would assume one of our higher earners and just imagine what we could have bought with that money
Old 5th April 2019, 13.08:24   #162-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Grant is a different situation and he obviously wanted out but I agree he must have been on a fairly decent wedge in L1 but I doubt we will have paid him anywhere near what he was getting there. Although I would assume one of our higher earners and just imagine what we could have bought with that money
I still think Grant would have stayed at Fleetwood on top money instead of coming to Wrexham for say £500 per week less.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.02:41.